Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Lasting Appeal

SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SilentCommando

Now that it's been a month after the game's release. How do you feel about the game? Is it still as fun as it was on March 2nd? Or do you feel like it's just not as fun anymore?

I personally still love this game, but not as much as before.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By meteora

Meh. I still have fun with it, but I need to play with friends. Unfortunately, they are starting to either lose interest, or aren't online nearly as often.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SSully

Still as fun as the day i bought it. Maybe its just my love for battlefield games, or its just a well made game. I plan on it being my main multiplayer game through the summer.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Darkstar614

It's still pretty fun, but I'm noticing people just using the same methods of killing people, constantly. I've been killed more times than anything else by either an AN-94 with Magnum ammo, or a Carl Gustav with Explosive mod. It's starting to get on my nerves a bit, but it's not like I hate playing the game or anything. Some things just seem a little cheap to me..

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I am still having fun. I play in moderation and share an uncaring feeling for trying to get rewards.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Sooperspy

Got it mid march and still love it. If they keep the free maps coming then i could play until the next Battlefield comes out.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7  Edited By Geno

I'm enjoying the game more now that I'm better at it. 

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By asurastrike

I have trouble keeping interest in any online console game, I just don't have that many friends to play with.

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By xMP44x

It's still plenty of fun. I haven't yet got tired of the game. However, I do see that there are definitely some weapons everyone uses, and some that nobody uses. Yeah, I think there are some cheap things, but there are some great things that nobody even classes as cheap, such as the G3.

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Shazam

I still love it but you have to be playing with friends. If you don't have a good squad behind you it's aggravating and frustrating at the best of times.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Seppli

Sometimes, I fall a little out of love. Then I mix things up with kits and loadsout and suddenly it klicks again. I'm waaay into the whole weapons goldstar thing, which helps a lot with mixing up my gameplay and keeping shit fresh. 

Recently I was all about engineer kit with UZI and RPG-7, extra explosives and extra explosive damage. Skillshot rocketsniping. Yesterday I fell in love with the assault kit, G3, C4, extra explosives and extra explosives damage for attacking. Sprint and magnum ammo for defending. Between the two I had a short lived fling for the 870 MCS shotgun with slugs which is more fun than competitive, but hell it's rewarding shooting off that gun.

You got to be creative with the kits and loadouts and switch up your playstyle. There are sooo many ways to play BF:BC 2, once you've done it all, the stuff you started out with will feel fresh again.

Kelswitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kelswitch

Still enjoying it, but the excessive amount of people still playing Recon who back mortaring capture points into the ground kills my will to live.

Xakura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Xakura

Yes, it's still fun, and I predict I'll be playing it for all forseeable future, after all, I played the last one up till this one came out. That said, I never play it alone, and my studies make it difficult to play it as much as I would like.  

Also, I really miss the large vehichle-maps from the first one. Only Arica harbour is somewhat comparable, and thats ony on the first base. And only one rush map with an attack helo?  Flying has always been my favorite part of bf games, and I'm stuck flying circles in a big, cumbersome blackhawk.. (Okay, last base on Isla innocentes has a Hind, but that barely counts as I'm still flying circles in a helo without rockets). 

So yeah, End of the line remake would be great. Or Oasis. Or Harvest day for tank combat.
    Sh4ft3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Sh4ft3d

It's still really enjoyable to me. Going for stuff like the all Bronze stars award keeps it interesting, and help me to get a feel for things I otherwise hate/wouldn't try.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By jmrwacko

I think I'm starting to get Battlefield BC2... duh duh duh.... MAPATHY!

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Sambambo

Love it even more than before. There needs to be WAY more rush maps though. 6? Not enough, especially when Nelsons Bay is one of those... One of the worst MP maps ever made.

SmithSyndicate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SmithSyndicate

I used to play it every time I turn on my 360, but now I only play when friends are playing.  I refuse to join a random squad.

Also: more maps.  Seriously.  Even if they just slap together all the maps from BC1, it's better than nothing.  Hell, I'll even pay for some  new ones (gasp)!

rathantoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By rathantoras
    @SuperSambo: What? nelson bay is awsome
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By mikemcn

Its kind of gotten sorta boring, the teamwork isnt there any more when I play and its become more of an exercise in frustration for me personally.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@SuperSambo said:
    " Love it even more than before. There needs to be WAY more rush maps though. 6? Not enough, especially when Nelsons Bay is one of those... One of the worst MP maps ever made. "
    huh? Nelsons bay isn't the problem, Isla Inocentes is the only bad rush map, when it comes on its my sign to stop playing.
    Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Jayross
    @SilentCommando: it is more fun now that the players are more skilled and I have all of the weapons unlocked, and now that I know the spots for the maps and everything.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22  Edited By natetodamax

I don't play as much as I used to. Probably because it's becoming more and more of a grind to level up, and I already have every single thing unlocked.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Darkstar614

I used to hate Isla Inocentes with a passion, then after playing it enough it's one of my favorites. 

Nelson Bay is retarded.. no tanks or helicopters makes the engineer not as useful, and an Attacking team of mostly Medics is OP as hell with how many god damn trees are on the map. If you die, you can count on a medic coming to revive you because there is so much cover from the trees, you can basically revive anyone anywhere as long as it's not on the road.

TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By TorgoGrooves89

I'm still having loads of fun with it and still think it's a better game than Modern Warfare 2. I really hope people keep playing it becaus i have no intention of stopping anytime soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.