Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Medic revives and K/D

FydrusZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By FydrusZA

This might be a dumb question, but do you still get a death added to your ratio even if you're revived? I know you don't lose a team ticket, but I've had some dodgy death tallies at the end of a round, despite being revived constantly by squadmates.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hitchenson

It's still a death on your stats and it's still a kill on the stats of whoever killed you. You gain a ticket back from being revived, nothing more, which is as it should be.

FydrusZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FydrusZA

Fair enough. In that case, a message to all medics: clear the area before reviving me!

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By MjHealy

My arguement for that would be that if I revive someone, it's their job from there on to stay alive.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By theguy

I hate it when a medic revives me 2 inches from the barrel of an SMG. When I play medic I kill enemies in view before reviving, if that means not reviving because the area isn't safe, so be it.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @FydrusZA said:
    " Fair enough. In that case, a message to all medics: clear the area before reviving me! "
    This is the ideal thing to do for medics anyway.  Practically, you should make sure the area is clear first before reviving a teammate coz if you just revive someone and lots of enemies are around then both of you die.   Then instead of losing one ticket, your team loses two. 

So be a good medic and revive teammates wisely ;)
    FydrusZA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FydrusZA
    @MjHealy: Yeah, but there's always a second of confusion when you get revived - you're never really sure which direction you're pointing. Also, I don't want my K/D ratio tanked just so someone can pick up a couple of points for a silly revive.
    Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
    @FydrusZA said:
    " @MjHealy: Yeah, but there's always a second of confusion when you get revived - you're never really sure which direction you're pointing. Also, I don't want my K/D ratio tanked just so someone can pick up a couple of points for a silly revive. "
    This is true. I sometimes die while running to cover and, when I get revived, I keep running but I'm not facing the same direction. It ends with me running out into the open or something but, regardless, I do often get revived in the middle of a crossfire and die almost instantly after. I'm a bit ashamed to say I sometimes revive others the same way...
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lilbigsupermario

Well amidst all of the chaos and war intensity, it's very likely that every Battlefield BC2 player out there, he/she has revived someone a teammate in the middle of a crossfire at least once.  Even I'm guilty of that (for a lot of times already) LOL!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.