Post your K/D ratio for the beta or demo!

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Last night I checked mine for the fist time. I'm at 1.12

It was roughly 720 kills to 63X deaths.

How is everybody else doing?

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MrKlorox

My KDR is much worse than it is on MW2. But this is probably because the game forces you to do other things to win than just kill.

It's around 0.5 last time I checked. I think it'll go up a bit once I get to play Conquest. I believe my WLR is much higher though.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@MrKlorox: I was pretty happy with mine actually. I was sure I wasn't doing that well.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pause422

I'll go back and check at some point I suppose, but I never even pay attention to it because its not a deathmatch like game where that really matters. Most of the time I couldn't care less if and when I die, because I'm focusing on other things than trying to get kills. The majority actually. Thats why I like the BF games so much. A lot of the time I have one of or the top point score in the whole, game, thats what matters to me. Since you get points for helping your team depending on the class you are.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By big_jon

Mine is 3.5 with 1300kills and in the Beta it was 3.2 with 4500 kills.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FrankCanada97

Is there anyway to access them online on any websites?

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Oriental_Jams

It's something like 3.5-4.0 since my friend's always there with the medkit.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Scooper

I feel a thread where you talk about K/D ratio is kinda pointless as if you play as a Recon you're going to have like a 5.0 K/D but if you play Engineer it's going to be like 1.2 or whatever.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9  Edited By Seppli

3.7 on PS3 with around 20h of gameplay and 2.2 on 360 with about 17 hours of gameplay. Skilllevel 200 on PS3 and only 199 on 360. Go figure.

The controls on PS3 are way more responsive, fluid and precise than on 360 - at least they suit me much more. Resulting in a statistically proven 5% - 10% higher accuracy and a much better K/D.

Playing all kits equally as well as all types of vehicles and emplacements (except for choppers, since they're pretty hard to come by) - I have roughly the same amount of points with each kits and the vehicles too.

Love it! Can't wait for March to come.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Seppli
@Scooper said:

" I feel a thread where you talk about K/D ratio is kinda pointless as if you play as a Recon you're going to have like a 5.0 K/D but if you play Engineer it's going to be like 1.2 or whatever. "

Indeed 'kills per minute' would be a more interesting value. Both informations together would be very informative.

Personally, I'm in the top 1500 with my kills and score - but I'm roughly around the 20'000st place with time played. Good K/D and very effective too.
SilentCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By SilentCommando

I think mine was about 1.68. Pretty happy with that, as I'm slowly improving it.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

No, seriously, this is a joke, right?  KDR doesn't mean anything in Battlefield games.  It's about W/L ratio.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By FireBurger
@jakob187: I'd say SPM is most important, followed by WL. Sometimes you just can't help a bad, bad team. :) None of them are a perfect judge, though.
FartyMcNarly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FartyMcNarly

My ratio is Lady/GaGa

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Binman88

My stats after tonight's session :D

No Caption Provided
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Would be interesting comparing K/D ratios from all 3 systems. Cool to know what would have the best on average.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187
@FireBurger: True dat.  The problem with SPM is that you could easily roll engineer and just constantly repair a tank, or roll medic and just constantly throw out medic packs.  That's why I say win/loss, because if you are serious about the game, you'll be pushing hard to win...and probably rolling with squads and clans rather than random fools.
Avatar image for captainlunchbox
Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#18  Edited By Captainlunchbox

1.32- Gonna ditch MW2 for this. Just more fun. Less campxoorrz.
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Seppli
@jakob187 said:

" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  No, seriously, this is a joke, right?  KDR doesn't mean anything in Battlefield games.  It's about W/L ratio. "

I have to disagree with your statement. K/D ratio translates in the adjective 'dangerous' (or not!). A K/D ratio below 1, means that you are less dangerous to the average players life, than they are to yours. That's one indicator, that's always true. A high K/D may be meaningless, if the possessor of such a trait is a useless camper taking down one enemy every 5 minutes from the far end of the map without impact on whether or not the assault on the objective succeeds - yes. Not necessarily though. Personally - I'm a proficient killer with every kit and vehicle and I'm always playing a winning angle on the objectives, yet I remain almost 4x as dangerous to the average players life, than they are to mine.

That's the difference between a kitten and a killer. I often have teammates who don't bite. Where I see 5 targets to fire upon, kittens see none. Such players haven't developed a bite yet. Always crouching behind cover. Always sitting in a corner. Instead of taking an offensive angle, well aware that the enemy might send bullets my way - but I will send mine in return. With my bullets - I lay a burden 4x times as heavy and lethal on my enemy, than he does on me. So - there you got it. This is why K/D ratio is far fram being a non-conclusive statistic. A K/D of below 1 is a certain indicator of a kitten. Yes - a kitten might be moderatly useful by sticking with its squad and helping to take down objectives. A kitten will never have the bite to cover your back though. A kitten can be at best a nurse or an ammo dispenser or a spotter or a field mechanic - but never a killer.
rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By rjayb89

I only played one game in the demo version and got like 7/6 with most of my kills from sniping from the top of a cliff.

ZeroSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZeroSkull

KDR would probly be better but, as noted by how much higher the score is, i like to play medic.
KDR would probly be better but, as noted by how much higher the score is, i like to play medic.
SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SammydesinasNL
@ZeroSkull:
I was a bit shocked to see your rank before I noticed it was the BETA.
Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hourai

I'm not sure what mine was since I only played for an hour, but I know Recon is definitely my class. Sniping in the trees and moving from cover to cover results in very few deaths. Tanks are pretty easy to take out with the charges, and firing rapidly with my pistol usually does the trick if somebody spots me. If up close and out-gunned, I just run in and knife. 

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By big_jon
@Oriental_Jams said:
"It's something like 3.5-4.0 since my friend's always there with the medkit. "

It does not work that way, a death is a death.
philuk19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By philuk19

I have found it very easy to rack up alot of kills on the 360 version, usally ending with multiple kill streak awards per round.  I dont know my exact K/D as its not important in a game such as this.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RsistncE

1.26 on the 360 and 3.42 on the PC.

TwelveFootFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TwelveFootFour

I'm at .71
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@RsistncE said:
" 1.26 on the 360 and 3.42 on the PC. "
Interesting, you must be more used to the 360 controller. I would have thought it would be the other way around.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MrKlorox
@sodiumCyclops said:
" @RsistncE said:
Interesting, you must be more used to the 360 controller. I would have thought it would be the other way around. "
Er... his PC KDR is indeed higher, implying he's better on PC.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@MrKlorox said:

" @sodiumCyclops said:

" @RsistncE said:
Interesting, you must be more used to the 360 controller. I would have thought it would be the other way around. "
Er... his PC KDR is indeed higher, implying he's better on PC. "
Huh? what? I thought the closer to 1 the better?
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RsistncE
@sodiumCyclops said:
" @MrKlorox said:

" @sodiumCyclops said:

" @RsistncE said:
Huh? what? I thought the closer to 1 the better? "
Actually the way KDR works is it's just a kill to death ratio. You divide kills by deaths. If the number is greater than one  that means you are killing more than you are dying. If the number is less than 1 that means you are dying more than you are kiling. My KDR on the 360 for example means that I am killing just more than 1 person for every time I die. On the PC on the other hand I'm killing over 3 players for every time I die meaning I do much better on the PC. Basically the higher the number is the bigger your e-peen is supposed to get haha.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sodiumCyclops
@RsistncE said:
" @sodiumCyclops said:
" @MrKlorox said:

" @sodiumCyclops said:

" @RsistncE said:
Huh? what? I thought the closer to 1 the better? "
Actually the way KDR works is it's just a kill to death ratio. You divide kills by deaths. If the number is greater than one  that means you are killing more than you are dying. If the number is less than 1 that means you are dying more than you are kiling. My KDR on the 360 for example means that I am killing just more than 1 person for every time I die. On the PC on the other hand I'm killing over 3 players for every time I die meaning I do much better on the PC. Basically the higher the number is the bigger your e-peen is supposed to get haha. "
Ah, thanks for the correction.
big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By big_jon
@RsistncE:
My E-peen is huge!
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jmrwacko

1.62 KD ratio with 992 kills. 271 of those are in a tank, you can tell I'm more of an armor player. Generally, I go 3 to 4:1 in a vehicle, slightly over 1:1 on foot.

Also... anyone want to start a PC beta clan? I'm bored of playing solo.

No Caption Provided
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By Skytylz

Mines about 1.05 in MW2 and in BC2 its at around 1.8.

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sil3n7

around 2.0 I think

ZeroSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ZeroSkull

Ive moved up to about a 1.4. Armor helps alot in getting your kdr up, i just got my platinum star with heavy vehicles.

And just to stroke my e-peen a little more, im ranked #67 in the squad score category.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By MjHealy

I usually don't get a lot of kills as I am usually blowing up tanks or choppers. I get around 0.75 which is a bit lower than MW2

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JP_Russell

2.62 in the PC beta here.
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Seppli

3.8 on PS3 (courtesy of having no deadzone on the analogsticks) and 2.5 on 360 (because it's less twitchy because of the big deadzone). I got like 60k points with the vehicles. 50k with Recon. 40k with Assault. 40k with Engineer. 30k with Medic. I rank in the top 10k scorewise and killwise while being ranked at about 40k from my time played (on 360). Of course I did play the PS3 beta like a madman, where I was in the top 20 killwise while being rank 100-200 measured by time played. I only had a K/D of 2.25 in the beta though - people are more deadly with all the crazy gizmos and gadgets you'll get (beta had almost all unlocks). Almost 200h of practice before I ever jumped into the demo, so I am kinda in the advantage.

Veteran stats. 4x more points/kills than the average demo player. Good times.

Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Nemesis

I was hoping to get away from kids who only care about their k/d ratio when I stopped playing COD and Halo...

Looks like Battlefield players are no different. Back to playing Team Fortress 2 if I want to play as a team.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By big_jon

My stats.
TwelveFootFour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TwelveFootFour
@Seppli:
what's the deadzone? sorry if that's a dumb question man, but I don't know.
philuk19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By philuk19

My K.D is somthing like 2.9, decent. But I dont play for the K/D its all about the team! Take the risks to plant a charge, charge in guns blazing to defend an objective.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HitmanAgent47

1.31 I'm not very good at online games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.