Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Sniper rifle + Red dot = really accurate shotgun

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By natetodamax
    Has anyone tried this? It's a fantastic way to get kills for the sniper rifles if you're like me and you're horrible at regular sniping. Unlike Modern Warfare 2, bullets always exit the sniper rifle in a straight line, which means "no scoping" is insanely easy. And with the red dot, the rifle literally becomes an accurate shotgun that works surprisingly well at close range. Just a tip and a recommendation for everyone. It's probably my new favorite way to play the game
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By meteora

Yeah. Its actually pretty broken in a way, but its fun since you're going to be fucked in group counters anyways. 

I don't actually use it very often. Instead I tend to use red dot on the silenced sniper rifle and treat it as an assault rifle. Its really effective when you turn it into an assault rifle and get the benefits of stealth.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Cool, I'll check this out.  I just got this game a couple weeks ago, but I've been playing sniper the whole time, and am pretty damn good, too.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DrPockets000

Interesting...I will give this a try.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Donos

Ehh, I wouldn't recommend this. As soon as you come across a player who knows not to ADS at point blank range, they'll murder you with any other gun in the game. Also, shotgun + slugs is just as accurate and powerful, as well as faster and with a crosshair.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By natetodamax
    @Donos: Well I should say that you shouldn't be running around with a bolt action like a mad machine gun wielding maniac, but for people that want to get the bronze/silver/gold/platinum medals for the sniper rifles, this is a good tactic.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By meteora
    @Donos: Ah yes... that combo. 

Can you still snipe someone across the map with that? That thing was pretty hilariously ridiculous.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By natetodamax
    @Meteora said:
    " @Donos: Ah yes... that combo.  Can you still snipe someone across the map with that? That thing was pretty hilariously ridiculous. "
    They decreased the range a little, but with the 12. slugs or whatever it's called you can still shoot pretty far. Definitely farther than any shotgun should ever reach.
    Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Donos
    @natetodamax said:
     Definitely farther than any shotgun should ever reach. "
    Well, no, just farther than any person using an unscoped shotgun could aim.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By meteora
    @natetodamax said:
    " @Meteora said:
    " @Donos: Ah yes... that combo.  Can you still snipe someone across the map with that? That thing was pretty hilariously ridiculous. "
    They decreased the range a little, but with the 12. slugs or whatever it's called you can still shoot pretty far. Definitely farther than any shotgun should ever reach. "
    Ah. Actually, I heard that shotguns can be lethal within a mile. It kinda makes sense to me at least. The pellet is probably still lethal, just the accuracy is not there to warrant guaranteed lethality or a chance to even hit the target. 

There's some real life things that actually make games lead to a false sense of reality. Shotguns actually should have longer ranges in most games and sniper rifles tend to shoot straight and not go all over the place in a crosshair in games. *shrugs*
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By natetodamax
    @Meteora: Maybe, I'm not, how you say, up to date on my real life weapon info
    B0nd07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By B0nd07

I haven't played it in a while, but I'd frequently use the red dot with semi-auto snipers and support the rest of my squad as a marksman.  Very accurate when scoped at short to medium range.

damnitsted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By damnitsted

I tried this out a couple of weeks ago and I haven't gone back to regular sniping. It makes the game so much more fun especially if you use the single shot rifles like the M24 or the GOL. And it gives you this feeling of amazing power at a short range (red dot) or medium rang (4x scope). It's more of a very powerful bolt-action rifle than a accurate shotgun. 

-Ted, Ted in Real Time

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ted-in-real-time/id391591188

http://social.zune.net/podcast/Ted-in-Real-Time/885b7bc3-0b19-4009-af2b-a175e7a37707    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.