Some PC specs help

GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GeneralTurkle

I have a AMD Phenom II X2 550 processor and a Geforce GT 240. Now looking at the the specs for this game, these two seem to be below the recommended settings. Would I be able to run the game smoothly with those two or should I get it for consoles?

ZeroSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZeroSkull

Im running that same processor, but with an ATI 4870 and it runs fine. I dont know anything about that graphics card though so i couldnt tell you if it will run well or not.

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sodiumCyclops

You should be fine, but be prepared to turn down some settings.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Jadeskye
@GeneralTurkle:
turn down some settings it'll run just fine. 

the game will run on a 5 year old cpu and a 3 year old card. 

it'll deffinately run on a Phenom II X2 and a GT240.
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Binman88

You'll be ok I think. You won't be able to run it with HBAO on, I doubt. Nor high quality shadows or anti-aliasing for that matter. The game will also automatically assume you want to use DX10 (if you're using Vista or Win 7), but you'll probably get better performance in DX9 mode (hardly any difference anway). You can change this by going to your user folder in Windows, then Documents, then BFBC2 - open up settings.ini in notepad and change the third from last entry at the bottom "DxVersion=auto" to " DxVersion=9" (try changing it to 10 as well, just to see if it does infact affect game performance for you).

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Evilmetal

Your Phenom II X2 550 is far from bad; It's a Quad core cpu that has 2 cores disabled at the factory... but they can be re-enabled with specific motherboards. Percent of success, of re-enabling the cpus, is not 100% . There are people who buy these Phenom II X2 550, try to unlock and fail. Sometimes they unlock but the enabled cores are busted, thus after some stress tests... there may appear errors. Anyway, the safest bet for you is console.   You pay $60 at Amazon for a console version of BC2 and they give you $20 off your next video game purchase.

How much RAM you have 2GB or more? If yes, then you need new video card. If you go for a low end ATI, 5750 (I have a 5750) that is like ~140-150$ ... plus you must buy the game which is $50... so like 200$ to enjoy the game on PC... or you spend $60 for a console version and you get $20 back for next time.

*I am a PC user, I don't have xbox360 or PS3... I dedicate upgrade funds to PC only.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.