Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Thanks for backstabbing me...

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

Well I've been stabbed in the back again. A few people from my Gears of War online friends have apparently been talking shit about me behind my back. The only problem is, I don't know who! The person who told me doesn't want to say, so how am I supposed to know who the heck is my friend and who is not? Apparently they've been nice to my face, and then really horrible when I leave. And how can I determine who to delete from my friends list when I don't know who is just shit-talking me for lawls, and who is doing it seriously? 

I'm a pretty up-front guy. I'm honest and march to the beat of my own drum. I'm not easily impressed by tossers or competitiveness. I like to take it easy, be fair and have fun. All I ask of my friends is that you're a nice person, don't quit and are honest. You don't have to be good player and you don't have to be on all the time. That's all I ask. Three things. If you have a problem with me, tell me. Wouldn't you want to know? Firstly if someone was being mean to you, and of course who it was? What's the point of having me on your friends list if you're just going to backstab me every time I leave the party? 

So I've given up on Gears for now. I only play with friends and if I can't trust them why should I play? I'm sensitive guy and I am having a lot of real life problems that this is the last thing I need. I can't even relax online now! Sigh. I seem to attract these people who are backstabbing pieces of crap. In real life, and online. I mean, look back over this blog, I have at least 2 other instances of people turning on me for no reason. Especially on Gears where I only chainsaw. Even if I carry them during a game, even if I am a good team mate and nice to them, I'm still first to be blamed, first to be booted and first to be called bad. 

At least I now have my "Ride of the Valkyrie" achievement in Battlefield Bad Company 2! After a month of trying to get 50 kills in a paper mache helicopter which gets shot down consistently within 5 seconds on take off or flown by noobs who can't dodge tank shots, I finally got my final kill today. I stalled on 49 kills for about a day. Then I got it - I got roadkilled by a helicopter flying UNDER a bridge, and then I hopped in my squad's own heli and managed to down someone. 

I found the most successful way of getting kills was to camp at Flag A on Operation Hastings and jump in the helicopter and use it as a immobile turret. Ifthe enemy captured the flag, they spawn in front and you can usually mow down a couple every time. The only problem is that your team mates tend to fly the blasted thing away with you in it and then crash it like total douches! So unless you can get a good friend to help you out, grinding it as an immobile turret is the best way to go. Or if you park it far away and snipe off the back (which still counts as a kill towards the achievement). 

Well now just 3 achievements to get for Bad Company 2 and I've 100%'d it! If only my friendships were that easy...

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

Well I've been stabbed in the back again. A few people from my Gears of War online friends have apparently been talking shit about me behind my back. The only problem is, I don't know who! The person who told me doesn't want to say, so how am I supposed to know who the heck is my friend and who is not? Apparently they've been nice to my face, and then really horrible when I leave. And how can I determine who to delete from my friends list when I don't know who is just shit-talking me for lawls, and who is doing it seriously? 

I'm a pretty up-front guy. I'm honest and march to the beat of my own drum. I'm not easily impressed by tossers or competitiveness. I like to take it easy, be fair and have fun. All I ask of my friends is that you're a nice person, don't quit and are honest. You don't have to be good player and you don't have to be on all the time. That's all I ask. Three things. If you have a problem with me, tell me. Wouldn't you want to know? Firstly if someone was being mean to you, and of course who it was? What's the point of having me on your friends list if you're just going to backstab me every time I leave the party? 

So I've given up on Gears for now. I only play with friends and if I can't trust them why should I play? I'm sensitive guy and I am having a lot of real life problems that this is the last thing I need. I can't even relax online now! Sigh. I seem to attract these people who are backstabbing pieces of crap. In real life, and online. I mean, look back over this blog, I have at least 2 other instances of people turning on me for no reason. Especially on Gears where I only chainsaw. Even if I carry them during a game, even if I am a good team mate and nice to them, I'm still first to be blamed, first to be booted and first to be called bad. 

At least I now have my "Ride of the Valkyrie" achievement in Battlefield Bad Company 2! After a month of trying to get 50 kills in a paper mache helicopter which gets shot down consistently within 5 seconds on take off or flown by noobs who can't dodge tank shots, I finally got my final kill today. I stalled on 49 kills for about a day. Then I got it - I got roadkilled by a helicopter flying UNDER a bridge, and then I hopped in my squad's own heli and managed to down someone. 

I found the most successful way of getting kills was to camp at Flag A on Operation Hastings and jump in the helicopter and use it as a immobile turret. Ifthe enemy captured the flag, they spawn in front and you can usually mow down a couple every time. The only problem is that your team mates tend to fly the blasted thing away with you in it and then crash it like total douches! So unless you can get a good friend to help you out, grinding it as an immobile turret is the best way to go. Or if you park it far away and snipe off the back (which still counts as a kill towards the achievement). 

Well now just 3 achievements to get for Bad Company 2 and I've 100%'d it! If only my friendships were that easy...

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DerekDanahy

An easy way to solve this is to turn off voice chat and don't make friends with people online. Problem fucking solved.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

You play video games different than I do.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says

You're the guy who always rages at video games like RDR, Crysis and Battlefield right? 
    Love your stuff, but honestly Halo Reach on Legendary was by far the easiest yet, maybe it's because after 4 games you get used to it....

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By NickL

It is possible to make friends in an FPS? Weird.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpawnMan
    @blacklabeldomm: I'm... famous? YESSSSS!!!!! ; ) 

@DerekDanahy@NickL@Claude: I know it sounds weird, but I take my online friends very seriously. I think just because you are anonymous online and can't see the real person doesn't diminish the fact that they are indeed a real person on the other end and should be treated like one. I feel a lot more open online because people can't judge me based on looks alone, and I'm a lot more outgoing because it's something I'm good at, so in reality, it's actually one of the few places I CAN make friends and be social. So for me, although it opens up a lot of hurt with assholes online, I still have met a lot of nice people online who I can call friends. It'd just be nice if all of them took friendship online as seriously as me. : (
    RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @SpawnMan:  It seems that since you are so serious about online relationships, your real life relationships must be seriously lacking. Perhaps you feel that since you are somewhat anonymous, you can express yourself more without people thinking ill of you. That's a very common thought, and with the way this society operates, being judged is a very real fear. But let me tell you this, unless you are capable of standing on your own two feet and laying yourself bare before everyone, you will never obtain happiness.
    swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By swoxx

@RaikohBlade said:

@SpawnMan: It seems that since you are so serious about online relationships, your real life relationships must be seriously lacking. Perhaps you feel that since you are somewhat anonymous, you can express yourself more without people thinking ill of you. That's a very common thought, and with the way this society operates, being judged is a very real fear. But let me tell you this, unless you are capable of standing on your own two feet and laying yourself bare before everyone, you will never obtain happiness.

/thread

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpawnMan
    @RaikohBlade: Schwing! ; ) 

But seriously, I agree. No I don't have a great time in real life. But the problem is, I AM bare and honest and open in real life - the problem is that I keep getting rejected. I'm never anyone's best friend or considered popular. I'm not a sheep so I don't fit in. The reason I'm more comfortable online is because there's a common goal and it's a fun atmosphere - plus yeah, I am good at games, so I'm generally a bit more popular online, where as in real life my qualities of loyalty, honesty, fairness, creativity etc are largely ignored. 

I know it's wallowing in self-pity, but I just seem to be hated everywhere. I seem to just have a target on the back of my head 24/7 and the friendships where I'm not hated in all seem to have an expiry date. TBH I'm not entirely unhappy with that as it means that they are threatened by me because i'm not kowtowing to their arrogance, and that if the price of not being a sheep and following along and staying true to myself is that I'm eternally unhappy and unpopular, well, so be it. But I'm still gonna complain lol!
    NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NickL

@SpawnMan: Don't get me wrong, I can totally understand were you are coming from, I am also a bit more outgoing online and a bit more timid in real life. I just didn't know FPS games had enough of a social aspect to be able to create long lasting friendships.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @SpawnMan said:

@RaikohBlade: Schwing! ; )  But seriously, I agree. No I don't have a great time in real life. But the problem is, I AM bare and honest and open in real life - the problem is that I keep getting rejected. I'm never anyone's best friend or considered popular. I'm not a sheep so I don't fit in. The reason I'm more comfortable online is because there's a common goal and it's a fun atmosphere - plus yeah, I am good at games, so I'm generally a bit more popular online, where as in real life my qualities of loyalty, honesty, fairness, creativity etc are largely ignored.  I know it's wallowing in self-pity, but I just seem to be hated everywhere. I seem to just have a target on the back of my head 24/7 and the friendships where I'm not hated in all seem to have an expiry date. TBH I'm not entirely unhappy with that as it means that they are threatened by me because i'm not kowtowing to their arrogance, and that if the price of not being a sheep and following along and staying true to myself is that I'm eternally unhappy and unpopular, well, so be it. But I'm still gonna complain lol!

I've never been popular either, and I've never been really liked by the general population. I used to care about it a lot before, but now, it doesn't matter to me anymore. I've realized that I'm very different from the general population, and being accepted by them would just mean that I'm another pathetic sheep. Most people don't care about being honest with you, so be careful. You shouldn't let yourself be hurt over these things, it's meant to happen with those kinds of people. It's like buying a used copy of a game. You're buying it knowing that the disc might be scratched, so don't be too upset if it is. However, I assure you, if you continue to be honest in your life, you will find others like you. That has held true for me. In the past, when I was really hurt, I started to develop the use of personae to hide my real feelings. I used them for so long that I grew accustomed to using them whenever and wherever. You could say I was very skilled at it, too. I don't mean to brag, but I'm pretty good at reading people's thoughts and emotions, and using personae goes hand in had with that. But no matter how skilled I was, it never made me happy. It was then that I realized that unless I end my hypocrisy, I would never be happy. These days, I don't really use my personae skills that often, and it's really been a change for the better. I would rather be hated and true rather than be loved and false. 
    SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpawnMan
    @RaikohBlade: Wow, we must be long lost brothers dude, because I'm reading what you're writing and it's exactly the same for me! *Bro hug* : }
    Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Vonocourt

Weren't you the guy whose ex-girlfriend was wooed by a pirate psychic?

But yeah, can't help you hear bro because I've never actually made "substantial" relationships with online friends, nor tried too.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#14  Edited By big_jon

This is some immature high school shit, thanks for bringing it to our forums.

No healthy person posts this kind of stuff on a video game forum, can you keep the drama in your own circle please?

I would also like to mention that I met one of my best friends on XBL so I'm not nay saying online friendships or anything, it just seems really childish to be this worked up about something so silly, then to post it on Giant bomb....

Perhaps it's time to stand on your own two feet.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Origina1Penguin

@big_jon said:

This is some immature high school shit, thanks for bringing it to our forums.

No healthy person posts this kind of stuff on a video game forum, can you keep the drama in your own circle please?

I would also like to mention that I met one of my best friends on XBL so I'm not nay saying online friendships or anything, it just seems really childish to be this worked up about something so silly, then to post it on Giant bomb....

It's a blog post, dude. Calm down.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By cornbredx

I can relate in the not having much in the friends department in real life. Mine is for different reasons.

And ya ya, I don't have a life blah blah blah. I was in the army, suffer from PTSD and agoraphobia and have a full time job. I don't get to have a life anymore =P

This is not meant to be an insult, but what your going through sounds like how I felt when I played games a lot just after high school. The difference being I can read people and I still know the people I've met online that I can at least consider online friends. Well, know so far as anyone can know someone online. Although I haven't played many games with anyone online in a really long time. Work does that sometimes.

Anyway, in that small way your post reminds me a little of how I used to feel. I have found, though, most you play with online could give a rats ass about being your friend. It's generally not going to be a friendship. That's a tad sad, especially now that online is such a large part of our lives. Just have to be willing to dump your friends list if someones being a douche and not admitting it and only accepting people back in that seem to give a shit.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Twisted_Scot
    @DerekDanahy said:

An easy way to solve this is to turn off voice chat and don't make friends with people online. Problem fucking solved.

This. I only ever keep people un-muted if someone is treating some kids apart in the lobby or theres a good story being told. I remember there was a time where I was in a room with a guy and a girl and her BF had cheated on her, sad story awesome rants.
    Winger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Winger

I just read your mini-bio, you are a sad, sad person. 

Stop lying to your self.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Winger said:
    I just read your mini-bio, you are a sad, sad person.  Stop lying to your self.
    posts like this arent going to help...
    Hamrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hamrix

Gears of War? Oh well that's your problem you shouldn't have been playing that crap in the first place.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SpawnMan
    @big_jon: Lmfao.... 
    @Origina1Penguin: Thanks for the bro check man. I got your back too. ; ) 
     @Vonocourt: Yes that is me, of psychic pirate/girlfriend fame. Sigh! ; ) 
     @Winger: I had to re-read my bio, I made it so long ago. What's wrong with it? I think you're just bitter that I like BioShock as one of my games? Sorry, just struggling to see why you're annoyed lmao...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.