Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Tips for n00b?

AussieBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AussieBomb

Hey guys topic title speaks for itself but don't get me wrong im not a total n00b to shooting games lol, I played the hell out of Battlefield Modern Combat 2 and quite a bit of the first MW. Being that I've only played a couple of games was just curious if anyone has any general tips besides don't die lol.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Interfect

Mark those snipers and every other camper. Aim at them and hit the select or back button (I dont know what it is for the pc) anyways it tells everyone where that camper is then boom.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @AussieBomb: Tip 1: Don't say noob.

Tip2: This isnt MW2 you have to take it slow and plan your actions or else you will die very fast without getting a kill, make sure you mark your targets and never spray (unless you're using a MG)
    AussieBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AussieBomb

Aww whats wrong with saying noob lol, so far I haven't run into too many snipers but ill keep that in mind thanks interfect.  What I also have noticed is that team work is a lot more important then in other FPS's including MW or even The mordern combat 2.

Sh4ft3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Sh4ft3d

If you're recon, use motion mines well, and your team will most likely win. They can be crucial, especially to defending crates.

If you're assault, ammo boxes are everyone's best friend. Don't be afraid to switch to a shotty and use C4 either.

If you're a medic, suffer until you get the defib. If playing hardcore, don't bother using the +healing mod.

If playing engineer, hanging around the back of a tank is a great way to get points in normal. Anti-tank mines are pretty fantastic on Port Valdez especially.

CaptTitepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CaptTitepants

I agree with Shafted and the other commenters. Survey the field and "spot" enemies as much as you can before proceeding. You really have to look to see where anyone is in this game!  I started working through the Engineer kit, since it's a decent balance between a rifle that does damage and anti-tank weapons.  Medic will get you leveling up FAST with revives and dropping health packs for your teammates, and once you get a scope on the M60, you have your "beast" weapon (you can take out snipers from 400 yards with it :)  I found Assault kinda useless strategically, but it's still fun, and am just starting to slog my way though the Recon kit.  I'd also recommend looking to see what kits your squad and team have equipped, and then pick something that is in the minority so you can get some balance going--you're not going to win if everyone on your team is an Engineer or they're all Medics! Finally, once you get the Magnum Ammo perk, always keep it equipped--it's the same as Stopping Power in MW2.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By REDRUN
    Spookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spookie

Use the Carl Gustav, tube and M60 when fighting recon. They love it.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Icil

A pretty easy tip is that for every class you play, doing the class functions (like motion mines, healing, etc) helps way more than being a good marksman/shooter ever will.

Happy playing.

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

Positioning. At first you won't be used to the movement, reflexes, weapon handling and such.
    Try your best to outflank your enemies. Also move from cover to cover. If you get shot and you don't know where it's coming from ( which will most likely happen alot at first ) it's best to have a safe spot to hide, or having your body partly covered by some debris to help you survive.

Also Flanking gives 1 obvious benefit: You get to shoot your enemies in the back.

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Phantom_Crash
    • If Recon, use the motar strike to harass enemy positions or anoy other Recon units.
    • Anti-Tank mines are great but it can get you killed if you run out infront of tanks a lot. So its a little bit situational.
    • The Gustav is your friend.
    • Its fun to shoot down choppers with Tanks Main Gun. Also use the Vechicle machine gun spec, you get 7.62 machine gun as your secondary weapon.
    • Don't over look the shot gun, it can be good with Slug ammo and Mangnum ammo spec aswell.
    • 6yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy7\\ (My cat typed this for you)
    • Always have good cold caffeinated drinks on hand to fuel your sugar induced killing sprees.
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lilbigsupermario

If you're already familiar with playing with FPS games especially Battlefield's style, then you really don't need a lot of tips in playing BFBC2.  Just work with your team, don't be a lonewolf, play your role in your squad like give ammo or revive people or use motion sensors or repair vehicles, and don't forget to spot targets for your team. :)

And make effective use of your equipment like anti-tank mines and motion sensors, they may look like they're not that useful coz these aren't guns, but these stuff can actually win the match for your team. :)

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By big_jon
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @AussieBomb: Tip 1: Don't say noob.  Tip2: This isnt MW2 you have to take it slow and plan your actions or else you will die very fast without getting a kill, make sure you mark your targets and never spray (unless you're using a MG) "

Dude you`re so bad at BC:2, why are you giving tips?
    PDC_Emulator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PDC_Emulator
    @big_jon said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @AussieBomb: Tip 1: Don't say noob.  Tip2: This isnt MW2 you have to take it slow and plan your actions or else you will die very fast without getting a kill, make sure you mark your targets and never spray (unless you're using a MG) "
    Dude you`re so bad at BC:2, why are you giving tips? "
    He did it for the lulz....
    big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By big_jon
    @PDC_Emulator said:
    " @big_jon said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    Dude you`re so bad at BC:2, why are you giving tips? "
    He did it for the lulz.... "

Awsome.
    salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By salad10203

if your on pc, a patch is coming tomorrow which should balance things a little bit

AussieBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AussieBomb
    @Jiujitsuka said:
    " Positioning. At first you won't be used to the movement, reflexes, weapon handling and such. Try your best to outflank your enemies. Also move from cover to cover. If you get shot and you don't know where it's coming from ( which will most likely happen alot at first ) it's best to have a safe spot to hide, or having your body partly covered by some debris to help you survive.  Also Flanking gives 1 obvious benefit: You get to shoot your enemies in the back. "
    This is exactly why I started this thread, I haven't played an such open maps in a LONG time (modern combat 2) and its just taking a while to get use too, thanks for the help so far though every one its been....helpful lol. Btw are you really a black belt?
    AussieBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AussieBomb
    @Phantom_Crash said:
    "
    • If Recon, use the motar strike to harass enemy positions or anoy other Recon units.
    • Anti-Tank mines are great but it can get you killed if you run out infront of tanks a lot. So its a little bit situational.
    • The Gustav is your friend.
    • Its fun to shoot down choppers with Tanks Main Gun. Also use the Vechicle machine gun spec, you get 7.62 machine gun as your secondary weapon.
    • Don't over look the shot gun, it can be good with Slug ammo and Mangnum ammo spec aswell.
    • 6yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy7\\ (My cat typed this for you)
    • Always have good cold caffeinated drinks on hand to fuel your sugar induced killing sprees.
    "
    Lol well tell your cat I said thanks, I actually don;t agree with taking caffeinated drinks while doing anything really unless you BADLY NEED IT but even then you crash so bad after it wears off its usually not worth it (at least for me. 
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By super_machine

Join squads and take it slow. 
    Recon: Use your motion mines on enemy targets.
    Assault: Drop ammo packs for Recon and engineer.
    Engineer: Defending any map with vehicles, spawn first with AT mines and lay them down. five minutes later you get a vehicle kill and you done good.
    Medic: Keep an eye on team health, drop med packs. Locate downed comrades, but avoid revives under fire. Medic is a good defense role.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By Gav47
    @AussieBomb:  
    Right here
    PhannIOUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PhannIOUS

Call it Modern Combat 2 one more time...

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Geno

1. Spot 
    2. Take Cover 
    3. Do your class's role. Don't go rushing in with an engineer, stay back and take care of friendly and enemy vehicles while killing anyone that gets too close. 
    4. M60 
    5. Go for the objective. If an MCOM station gets armed runtowards, not away from it (applies to both attackers and defenders) 
    6. Always knife in close quarters. 

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Tennmuerti

All people saying to use the M60 are wrong as of today (at least for PC)
    Weapons have been rebalanced. Go DICE!

TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheGremp

Tip #1: Don't say n00b.  It makes you sound like a noob.

AussieBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AussieBomb
    @PhannIOUS: ? I'm not making a mistake between MW2 and Battlefield Modern Combat 2, go google it. Nor I have I called the game that im talking about (bad company 2) Modern combat 2 lol. I'm surprised you've never heard of Battle field Modern Combat 2 it was an awesome game with some of the best battlefield maps i've played in a LONG time.

@TheGremp:
    But I am a n00b at this game therefore it makes sense to say that lol
    AussieBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AussieBomb
    @Geno: Maybe I've not perfected the timing yet or I'm used to being so fast in MW2 but the knifing has not been that effective for me yet.......I will keep trying though lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.