Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Unbalanced teams

ArgentR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ArgentR

Is there a reason why teams can have more than 16 players at any one time?  

As soon as one team seems to get the upper hand, all the losers switch team and you end up with 12 vs 20 or worse, completely ruining the rest of the round.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By cap123

one of the major blemishes on an otherwise very well made online experiece i'm afraid.

hopefully they patch it somehow

nethanel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By nethanel

Thats on PC where you can choose which team you are on. I've frequently experienced 2v8 matches on the 360 where you can't switch teams. 

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By yani
    Really annoying when this happens on ps3 and your on defense, I end up leaving as you either have no chance of holding or can't win for ages because there is nobody to shoot.  Had a match last night where it was 2v10 with me as one of the 2.  Not much fun...the game could do with some sort of auto balance.
    Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

for some reason i kind of like it

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

So far it happened only a few times in the time it took me to get to rank 20. Other times when people are being pussies it evens out by the middle of match as some leave and some enter. Also it's funny when some pro players switch sides to the underdog team as soon as they see noobs switching to the winning team, so that the team that was loosing now becomes the one winning and noobs that tried to hop on the win wagon for easy games find themselves in trouble. Other times if  you're on a clan server and clan members are playing they are the ones usually who switch from time to time to balance the teams if one side is steamrolling too much. Also one time was in a match where one team won and 8! out of 16 of the loosing team switchined sides lol, eventually it became liek 20 vs 3 ... at the end of the match people reset the teams

When something like this happens your best bet is just to find another game/server even if you're one the Big team as it's not fun.

One thing I do agree on is that I think it should not be possible to switch if the team is already at 16.

With the console version might the problewm be that some people from your team leave when they are not doing so great and the team does not fill up fast enough with new members?
    In that case it would be hard to autobalance untill the end of the round.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rockanomics

The other side of the coin is that it sure as hell helps when you and your friends all jump on to play and you can actually get on the same team.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By ImperiousRix
    @nethanel said:
    "Thats on PC where you can choose which team you are on. I've frequently experienced 2v8 matches on the 360 where you can't switch teams.  "
    I thought you couldn't on the 360.  The other day, I think by the third round played in my lobby, we were down to 9 v 8.  I wanted to switch side to even out the teams, but it wouldn't let me.  I figured then that the game would let people into the lobby to start evening up the teams, but then THAT never happened.  It got kind of annoying. 
    I believe I ran into similar problems with Battlefield 1943.
    nethanel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nethanel
    @ImperiousRix said:
    " @nethanel said:
    "Thats on PC where you can choose which team you are on. I've frequently experienced 2v8 matches on the 360 where you can't switch teams.  "
    I thought you couldn't on the 360.  The other day, I think by the third round played in my lobby, we were down to 9 v 8.  I wanted to switch side to even out the teams, but it wouldn't let me.  I figured then that the game would let people into the lobby to start evening up the teams, but then THAT never happened.  It got kind of annoying. I believe I ran into similar problems with Battlefield 1943. "
    Uh yeah I said you couldn't switch on the 360
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By meteora
    @nethanel said:
    " @ImperiousRix said:
    " @nethanel said:
    I thought you couldn't on the 360.  The other day, I think by the third round played in my lobby, we were down to 9 v 8.  I wanted to switch side to even out the teams, but it wouldn't let me.  I figured then that the game would let people into the lobby to start evening up the teams, but then THAT never happened.  It got kind of annoying. I believe I ran into similar problems with Battlefield 1943. "
    Uh yeah I said you couldn't switch on the 360 "
    You can. You just need someone on the other team to send you an invite and it'll boot you into their team and possibly squad if they have one open slot. Sometimes join in progress when there are friends on the other team also works.

The auto balancing in this game is a joke though, seeing how there is none and sometimes servers dwindle down to 4v4. There are some major oversights from DICE on key features in this game, such as a simple cancel matchmaking or searching for a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.