Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Weapon Damage Charts

• 51 results
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoelTGM

I found some weapon damage charts and figured some people here would find them useful.   They are very detailed! 
    edit:  Weapon damage (not including snipers and vehicles) was increased by 25%.  I heard only the console versions were updated, while the PC version has not been yet.

and for pistols, shotguns, and other weapons: 

and NEW CHARTS for vehicles and kits
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By meteora

Charts and datas from Denkirson are always great. He did those for the COD series.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Mmmslash

Just be aware that the M60 fires terribly slow, and has the worst iron sights in the world.

As a 50k+ medic, I use the 88.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By meteora
    @Mmmslash said:
    " Just be aware that the M60 fires terribly slow, and has the worst iron sights in the world.  As a 50k+ medic, I use the 88. "
    Gives all the more reason to use the red dot sights then. ;)
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mmmslash
    @Meteora: Personally, I don't much care for the red dot sights in the game, but I've only ever tried them on the LMG's.

Also, that uses up a Spec slot that could e used for a ton of great things.
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By raiz265

AN-94 then.

Avatar image for sandwich_adjustment
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

what do the shotgun damage multipliers mean

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JoelTGM
    @sandwich_adjustment said:
    " what do the shotgun damage multipliers mean "
    Number of pellets I assume.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

Very handy, thanks man. Now I know what guns I can look forward to. I'll get an F2000 within one match, and the lack of losing damage over a good range looks interesting. Low damage overall though, but I kinda prefer precision in BC2, It think.

sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DOUBLESHOCK:  ah ok.  

guess its good to note:

"The current damage numbers are that of the Beta/Demo."

I remember reading they increased weapon damage for the release? or maybe one of the devs just said it during an interview and they are thinking of doing it.
    Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Binman88
    @sandwich_adjustment: Yep. Can't remember who tweeted this, but here's some quotes from one of the developers:    

"Tested a slightly higher damage model in an internal MP test yesterday. Worked out nicely A couple more tests and it will go live for retail"

"So the test was to increase AR SMG LMG Pistol and SemiAuto rifles/slugs by 25% vs the torso. Splash vehicles and snipe dmg stay the same."

"For the record 25% is 1 bullet for most guns, depending on the rof. Slow firing guns get less benefit, just due to the maths." 

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JoelTGM
    @Binman88 said:
    " @sandwich_adjustment: Yep. Can't remember who tweeted this, but here's some quotes from one of the developers:    

"Tested a slightly higher damage model in an internal MP test yesterday. Worked out nicely A couple more tests and it will go live for retail"

"So the test was to increase AR SMG LMG Pistol and SemiAuto rifles/slugs by 25% vs the torso. Splash vehicles and snipe dmg stay the same."

"For the record 25% is 1 bullet for most guns, depending on the rof. Slow firing guns get less benefit, just due to the maths." 

"
    Nice.  One less bullet sounds good.  Is that what we are already playing with, or has it yet to updated?
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jeffsekai

Thats awesome

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Binman88
    @DOUBLESHOCK:  I assume that's already been integrated into the retail copy. I think that was posted a couple of weeks before release, so probably before the discs had been printed.
    Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ubiquitous

@DOUBLESHOCK:

Wow that is quite in depth. Much more telling than the in game specs. 

@XII_Sniper: 

I acctually haven't really used the f2000 at all, basically because the in game specs seemed to say that it was far less accurate than the XM8 and just had a firing-rate increase, which didn't appeal. But according to this it DOES have great range, maybe I'll have to try it out.
    JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JokerClown88

Its not the size of the weapon.  Its how you use it.
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Awesome stuff. Bookmarking this for when i buy this game tomorrow!

dropbearGSH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By dropbearGSH

Statistically, the M249 is better than the T88 in every way, but I am having much better luck with the T88.  Hmmmmm, maybe I have just gotten better since I unlocked it. 

nethanel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By nethanel

I noticed the PP2000 (engineer) and the XM8 LMG (Medic) both have skull icons in the game summary screen showing your progress in unlocking the weapon instead of the gun's icon

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nasar7

Thanks for this, great stuff.

sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nethanel: maybe those are the guns to use ;) . 

bwaaahh 4 more hours
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Whisperkill

I just choose weapons that feel good, not ones that have good stats

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrKlorox

can somebody who saved it upload the image to imageshack.us or something? The original's bandwith has been exceeded.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JoelTGM
    @MrKlorox: 

woops.  Reuploaded with giant bomb.
    FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FrankCanada97

Good stuff, thanks for posting.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JP_Russell

Ah, so he figured out what RecoilAmplitudeIncPerShot (amp) and RecoilAngleIncPerShot (kick) do.  That's good, I was perplexed by them.  His information regarding them is incomplete, though.  He only lists one amp value for each gun, but in fact they each have a different value depending on stance and whether you're aiming down the sights or not.  For instance, he lists the F2000 as having an amp of .35, but that's only when standing and aiming down the sights.  It has an amp of .53 when standing and firing from the hip, .45 when crouched and firing from the hip, and .3 when crouched and ADS.  Thus, his claim that there is no accuracy increase from crouching is a little misleading, if technically correct.  There is no modifier to the bullet deviation, but there is less recoil to deal with, so controlling your bursts is easier while crouched.

Also, he doesn't say as much anywhere in his chart or on his webpage, but all guns in this game (besides shotguns, obviously) are pinpoint accurate (disregarding bullet drop) on the first shot when you're stationary and aiming down the sights, for those that don't know.  As in, equally accurate to the sniper rifles.  So keep that in mind.
    jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jmrwacko

An issue I have with this game is that many of the unlocks are clearly inferior to the starting weapons, and shouldn't be used. For example, every sniper rifle up until the M95. Statwise, the M24 is clearly the superior sniper rifle out of all the unlocks except the M95, unless you really, really need semi-auto. I just unlocked the magnum, and it's basically an M24 with slightly less damage and less of a fire cone when moving, still no reason not to use the M24 all the way up to the last unlock and get that 5000 point award.

theMuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By theMuse

Wait- so according to this chart, SMGs are stronger/just as strong as ARs? Really?

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pwnasaurus

just unlocked the SVU sniper really bad like really bad like 4 shots and hes not dead bad...
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mmmslash
    @dropbearGSH:  Regardless of what those charts say, and what those bars say in game, I personally feel as if the T88 is easily the best LMG in the game. Granted, I haven't quite unlocked the last one yet, but so far, that T88 really stands head and shoulders above the competition.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By meteora
    @theMuse said:
    " Wait- so according to this chart, SMGs are stronger/just as strong as ARs? Really? "
    SMGs are stronger in close quarter combat scenarios than Assault Rifles. SMG damage drops drastically after a few dozen meters while the ARs have a more closer gap of damage.
    sandwich_adjustment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

falling in love with medic + shotgun

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#33  Edited By natetodamax

I wonder why bullets get weaker when they travel farther.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Binman88
    @natetodamax:  *cough* Because they slow down.
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By JP_Russell
    @jmrwacko said:
    "An issue I have with this game is that many of the unlocks are clearly inferior to the starting weapons, and shouldn't be used. For example, every sniper rifle up until the M95. Statwise, the M24 is clearly the superior sniper rifle out of all the unlocks except the M95, unless you really, really need semi-auto. I just unlocked the magnum, and it's basically an M24 with slightly less damage and less of a fire cone when moving, still no reason not to use the M24 all the way up to the last unlock and get that 5000 point award. "

I don't really agree in most cases.  Most of them have upsides and downsides over one another that make them better for different situations and playstyles.  With the sniper rifles, the SV98 is statistically a better rifle for the elite marksman than the M24.  You've got 5 more rounds in total, which means 5 more potential headshots.  It's also slightly faster about working the bolt, which means you can potentially get those headshots off faster.  These are both things that make the weapon more efficient for the skilled sniper that always goes for headshots.  Also, the 10-round clip really does come in handy sometimes, as you're less likely to find yourself needing to reload at a bad time.

I have to agree that the GOL lacks usefulness, at least from what we know about it so far.  Takes longer to work the bolt, does slightly less damage... and that's really the only notable difference.  People did tests during the beta that suggested all guns have the same bullet velocity (and the game files show all guns as having an initial projectile speed of 2000 [m/s]), so it's doubtful its bullets travel faster than the M24's or anything.  I really don't understand where that gun is supposed to fit in.  It's a shame, I was actually looking forward to that gun most back before the PC beta started and the stat meters in the gun details (which we now know are all a crock) suggested it would be the ultimate marksman's sniper rifle.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By jakob187

WOW!  Those charts don't necessarily seem to reflect what I've seen in the game myself, but it's nice to see them. 

Personally, I'm not digging any of the LMGs so far.  They just don't kill the way I need them to kill.  I've only used the M60 a couple of times, and so far, the SAW seems to be the one I like the most.  That's why I'm pretty sure I'm going to start using the M14 whenever I get that unlocked on my Medic kits. 

Meanwhile, a lot of people have been saying that the T88 and VSS are useless on the Recon kit, but I think people are forgetting that Recon does not equal "sniper".  The T88 and VSS with a Red Dot...at close quarters...have proven to be VERY effective for me, and it always seems to get my inbox filled with messages of "you cheap muthafucker".  I don't see how using a rifle with a Red Dot is cheap, but hey...it's getting me my kills nonetheless.  Therefore, remember that if you are trying to be a bit more mobile as the Recon class, using a Red Dot on either of those guns is highly efficient.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By white

The stats in game lied! They said the AKS-74 and the UMP have the same damage!

nethanel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nethanel
    @jakob187 said:
    "Therefore, remember that if you are trying to be a bit more mobile as the Recon class, using a Red Dot on either of those guns is highly efficient. "
    If unlocked, the USAS is way better than a semi-auto sniper
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JoelTGM

I've updated the topic with some new charts.  The damage has increased since the beta/demo. 

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FrankCanada97
    @DOUBLESHOCK: I think the charts are cut off on the right side for me.
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JoelTGM
    @FrankCanada97: if you can see the names of the weapons repeating again then it's ok, that's the end of it.  It repeats them so you can read the chart from either side without losing your place.  If it truly is cut off, open the image in a new tab so you can see it all.
    Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Azrail
    @jmrwacko: im sorry sir but u r not correct
    for sniper the gol is just as good b/c with the higher acc u will be able to get more hits, its preference
    all the pistols also work fine its just preference
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JP_Russell
    @DOUBLESHOCK said:

"I've updated the topic with some new charts.  The damage has increased since the beta/demo.  "

These numbers are incorrect as of now, I believe.  I assume you (or whoever did the chart, if not you) simply are taking the 25% damage increase that they were talking about and applying it to all the guns they said it would be applied to, but this has not been implemented (yet?).  So far some people have managed to do some digging into the full game's files by now, and it would seem damage values for all or most guns in the game are the same as they were in the beta. 

LOL @ Fiddy, though.

@Azrail

said:

" @jmrwacko: im sorry sir but u r not correct for sniper the gol is just as good b/c with the higher acc u will be able to get more hits, its preference all the pistols also work fine its just preference "

The GOL isn't anymore accurate.  Those stat meters on the gun detail pages are all complete bullshit, don't even pay attention to them.  All guns in the game are pinpoint accurate on the first shot when aiming down the sights/scope, and bullet velocity is supposedly the same across all guns.
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By raiz265
    @Mmmslash said:

" Just be aware that the M60 fires terribly slow, and has the worst iron sights in the world. "

turns out the M60 is a fucking monster... 

imho you could even call if overpowered. 
    its so damn accurate, the recoil equals zero, the damage is ridiculous and it has 100shots to spit around

i unlocked it some hours ago and pulled off insane killstreaks with it
    JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JoelTGM

updated with charts for vehicles and kits.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By warxsnake

question, im dumb, what determines or how do you pick normal,magnum,armor? Unlocked at a certain level? im 10 right now

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jmrwacko

I've been using the GOL, and apparently according to some sources I've heard, the GOL has less bullet drop and more muzzle velocity than the other snipers. Not sure if this is true or not. I think the sniper with this best sights is definitely the SV98, because you get those nice bullet drop markers along the bottom half of the scope.

JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JP_Russell

The GOL shouldn't have less bullet drop or velocity, looking at the game files, so that's most likely mistaken.  On the PC, it's for the most part a weaker M24 with no scope sway and some better twitch-firing capabilities.

The list of all the known differences (no matter how small) between the M24 and GOL on the PC include: 

-M24 does 5 more damage at range.  This also translates to magnum rounds allowing it to OHK body shot soldiers without ceramic body armor up to 21 meters, while the GOL with magnum rounds can OHK body shot up to 18.3 meters. 
    -GOL takes .15 seconds longer than the M24 to work the bolt after each shot (1.8 compared to 1.65). 
    -GOL has a .2 second faster reload time than the M24, but takes .4 more seconds during the reload animation before you can switch to another weapon without having to reload all over again if you switch back.
    -M24 has mild scope sway, GOL has none. 
    -GOL has a faster bullet deviation (spread) decrease rate when scoped than the M24.  This means two things.  First, The M24 takes longer to go from its hip-firing deviation to pinpoint accuracy when you scope in (~.64 seconds) than the GOL (.35 seconds).  Second, the M24 takes longer to become pinpoint accurate if you move while scoped then stop moving to line up a shot (~.18 seconds) than the GOL (.1 second). 

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JoelTGM
    @warxsnake said:
    " question, im dumb, what determines or how do you pick normal,magnum,armor? Unlocked at a certain level? im 10 right now "
    Magnum spec, the one that increases bullet damage by 25%, is unlocked at level 13 according to it's in-game description, but it stayed locked until level 15 for me.  I don't know about the other damage thing there for armor, I'm not sure what it's for if it says it does less bullet damage than normal.
    JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By JP_Russell
    @DOUBLESHOCK:
    He means ceramic body armor, which increases your health from 100 to 125 when you equip it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.