Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

What guns would you add?

• 56 results
    Avatar image for thecreamfilling
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheCreamFilling

I'm sure we've all noticed the empty weapon slot on all the kits and DICE did mention they would add new weapons if the community wanted it, so there is a possibility for new guns, but what weaponry would you like to see expand the arsenal?  

Here are my picks... 
    ASSAULT      

No Caption Provided
    The Famas. I thought about the G36, but it seemed too similar to the weapons already included, and the TAR-21 seemed too different. I imagine it as a balance between the XM8 and F2000, reasonable accuracy and faster than average fire rate. 

ENGINEER 
    No Caption Provided
    QCW-05, or Type-05. I noticed there is a Chinese sniper rifle and machine gun, so why not add another Chinese weapon. Looks kind of cool and it's not just another MP5. Judging by the magazine size, it looks like it fires a small round and won't do much damage, so I imagine it like a toned down PP2000. 

MEDIC 
    No Caption Provided
    HK21E. I had a hard time finding what other kinds of light machine guns are out there, and thought of the L86 and RPD from Modern Warfare, but that's not very original. Just by looking at it, I think it would do low damage, but be very accurate.  

RECON 
    No Caption Provided
    DSR-1. Keeping with the bolt-action or compact bullpup only sniper rifle theme, a bolt-action AND bullpup rifle. Just like the M92, but I think the damage would be reduced a little bit, and fire rate and accuracy increased.  

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

L115A3 sniper
     P90 sub
    desert eagle
    ak47

baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By baconbits33

You should be able to go fishing, then throw your captured fish at enemies.

TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheCreamFilling
    @Marz said:
    "ak47"
    That would be kind of redundant as the AEK-971 is a better version of the AK.
    bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By bicycleham

A Yogurt Cannon.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Every modern military shooter should have a p90.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Jayross

I would remove the M60. 

plz?

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By TheDoorman

L96 sniper.
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By xMP44x

To be honest, I have no idea what kind of weapons I'd like to see added. Thinking about the ones you have OP, the Type 05 is in Rainbow Six Vegas 2. IIRC it fires quickly and does little damage. But anyway, here's my list:

Assault:  Tavor 21 (TAR-21). Not really sure why I'd like this. I imagine it would be a blend of fire rate, power and accuracy. Plus the Red Dot for it could be the Mars Scope, which is actually an available upgrade for TAR-21 rifles. Plus, there's only one other bullpup Assault Rifle, and that is the F2000, which I also like.

Engineer: MP5. I'm actually surprised this wasn't in the game to start with. I'd like to see it silenced, and due to the fact it has decent iron sights in its previous game appearances I'd hope it is the same in this game. I was a little disappointed with the UMP .45 being the final unlock seeing as it was so similar to the SCAR-L. I'd like the MP5 to have around midway fire rate and power, with higher accuracy. Owing to the irons it'd be good for freeing up a Specialization as well.

Medic. M240. According to the blurb about the M60 it is slowly being phased out by the M240. So maybe a better version of the same.... FFFUUU---- Actually, upon further consideration I want to see the MG3 made worth a damn. It fires really quickly, but they could improve the power a little. It's worthless with its current power.

Recon. I'd say the CheyTac M-200 Intervention, but there already is a really accurate sniper in the form of the GOL Magnum. So how about that thing that compares to the M95 Barrett... dammit.. what's it called? It's a something .50 but I don't remember the name. Or, we could have the L96 - that too would be win.

All Kits: I want the Type 5 Prototype. It's the rifle that is almost identical to the M1 Garand. It has the same stats and the like and you see it during Operation Aurora. It could have the same stats as the M1 Garand. And therefore you might wonder "Why have a gun that is the same?". i think it'd be nice to give a gun that is equal, albeit not a Veteran exclusive weapon. I'm not saying this because I'm not a Veteran (I am), but at the same time I'd like to see others getting a chance to use similar, if not equal rifles.

Taborlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Taborlin
    @xMP44x said:
    " To be honest, I have no idea what kind of weapons I'd like to see added. Thinking about the ones you have OP, the Type 05 is in Rainbow Six Vegas 2. IIRC it fires quickly and does little damage. But anyway, here's my list:

Assault:  Tavor 21 (TAR-21). Not really sure why I'd like this. I imagine it would be a blend of fire rate, power and accuracy. Plus the Red Dot for it could be the Mars Scope, which is actually an available upgrade for TAR-21 rifles. Plus, there's only one other bullpup Assault Rifle, and that is the F2000, which I also like.

Engineer: MP5. I'm actually surprised this wasn't in the game to start with. I'd like to see it silenced, and due to the fact it has decent iron sights in its previous game appearances I'd hope it is the same in this game. I was a little disappointed with the UMP .45 being the final unlock seeing as it was so similar to the SCAR-L. I'd like the MP5 to have around midway fire rate and power, with higher accuracy. Owing to the irons it'd be good for freeing up a Specialization as well.

Medic. M240. According to the blurb about the M60 it is slowly being phased out by the M240. So maybe a better version of the same.... FFFUUU---- Actually, upon further consideration I want to see the MG3 made worth a damn. It fires really quickly, but they could improve the power a little. It's worthless with its current power.

Recon. I'd say the CheyTac M-200 Intervention, but there already is a really accurate sniper in the form of the GOL Magnum. So how about that thing that compares to the M95 Barrett... dammit.. what's it called? It's a something .50 but I don't remember the name. Or, we could have the L96 - that too would be win.

All Kits: I want the Type 5 Prototype. It's the rifle that is almost identical to the M1 Garand. It has the same stats and the like and you see it during Operation Aurora. It could have the same stats as the M1 Garand. And therefore you might wonder "Why have a gun that is the same?". i think it'd be nice to give a gun that is equal, albeit not a Veteran exclusive weapon. I'm not saying this because I'm not a Veteran (I am), but at the same time I'd like to see others getting a chance to use similar, if not equal rifles. "
    I think the M1 Garand is the same as the T88 Sniper stats wise, apart from accuracy cause of the scope. 
    Just found out the MG3 has the same stats as the pp2000? So yeah what's up with the damage D= 

MP5 for me
    FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FirePrince

Javelin Missle. 
    MP5K 
    AA-12 
    ACR 
    Vector 
    MP7 
    M-32 Grenade Launcher
    xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xMP44x
    @VanillaBear505 said:
    I think the M1 Garand is the same as the T88 Sniper stats wise, apart from accuracy cause of the scope. Just found out the MG3 has the same stats as the pp2000? So yeah what's up with the damage D=  MP5 for me "
    I'd still rather be running the Garand than the Type 88. Man, I hate that thing for its scope. Along with the SV-98 Snaiperskaia and the rest of those Russian-style scoped weapons. Not sure why, but I find them hard as hell to use. As for the MG3, the PP-2000 is probably the better of the two weapons, because you can actually conserve ammo. With the MG3 it's a case of just pulling the trigger, getting a kill and reloading because that kill took most of your mag. Well, that's how it's been for me.
    unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By unclejohnny79

FAMAS sounds good

dimdum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dimdum

i think, as there are a few ww2 guns (m119, m1 garand + thompson) i think there should be a few mor, for example assault rifle: ppsh (russian), machine gun: browning m16a6, sniper: arisaka type 97 (or type 99), and the BAZOOKA

snoopdye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By snoopdye
    @FirePrince said:
    " Javelin Missle. MP5K AA-12 ACR Vector MP7 M-32 Grenade Launcher "
    No! you're getting your MW2 in my BC2 :-(    but then again the more weapons the better, right?
    PLUTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PLUTON
    @TheCreamFilling: yeah I dig the HK21... I have used a HK11 (similar to HK21) when I was in the army and it had no recoil compared with a G3 (both are made from H&K and use  

same parts with some modifications) 

@TheCreamFilling:   AEK-971 has nothing to do with AK-47.... you cant compare 5,45mm  cartridge with 7,62mm....  
    7,62 do much more damage... thats why AK is superior than the AEK and thats why its not in the game... it will unbalance the whole thing... 

It could be in the ''all kits'' selection with iron sights but they choose G3 instead...  AK is better though (at least in real life) 
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @TheDoorman said:
    " L96 sniper. "
    I've always wanted this is games. SOCOM games had it, and no other.
    chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#18  Edited By chronicsmoke

P90
    MP7

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By KingBroly

I want a gun where you shoot swords instead of bullets.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By meteora
    @snoopdye said:
    " @FirePrince said:
    " Javelin Missle. MP5K AA-12 ACR Vector MP7 M-32 Grenade Launcher "
    No! you're getting your MW2 in my BC2 :-(    but then again the more weapons the better, right? "
    More weapons does mean better; as long as they're not underpowered or overpowered.

I think a Javelin missile would work really well in BC2; more than MW2. It would need to miss occasionally or be fired at long ranges though, because in real life the bloody thing pretty much never or rarely misses with its lock on. Fuck we should replace the sniper's mortar with a Javelin missile or a predator (like the ones they used in BC1).
    sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sjupp

Arnold Schwarzenegger on a stick.

MXC361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By MXC361

Assault: Tar-21 
    Engineer: P90 
    Medic: HK21E 
    Recon: SVD
    snoopdye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By snoopdye
    @Meteora:  More weapons does mean better; as long as they're not underpowered or overpowered.  

Oh I gotcha now. I get a little hysterical whenever someone wants some MW2 bs put in my BC2. But I totally get what you're saying and I completely agree.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By mikemcn
    @KingBroly said:
    " I want a gun where you shoot swords instead of bullets. "
    I want a gun that shoots swords made out of bullets.
    Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
    AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ACR and that's about it.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MrKlorox

Fuckin lasers and EMP strikes yo!

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Phantom_Crash

RT-20 Anti-Material Rifle (20mm)

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MysteriousBob

Every gun that can exist in Borderlands.

PLUTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PLUTON
    @chronicsmoke: yeah P90 for engineers will be a good choise....5,7x28mm caliber..... 50 rounds clip box!!!!  
    No Caption Provided
    Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Ubiquitous

More WWII guns, flamethrowers, bouncing betties, punji pits, and laser rifles.  

... and they should add jetpacks.

act26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By act26

Portal Gun

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mikeeegeee

AWP so I can complain about all of the AWP whores just like old times.

s0mah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By s0mah

A grappling hook for high speed travel after deploying a chute.

zeefoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zeefoes

Silenced pistols :O

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lunarbunny

Assault: SIG 550, Daewoo K2 (although I guess this could be redundant with the M16), OC-14 Groza
    Engineer: MC 51 (ok, sort of a joke, all it is is a shortened G3), PP-19 Bizon
    Medic: Do they actually need something new? Maybe an RPK with 40-round magazine for faster reloading for less ammo per mag. 
    Recon: They also seem so totally decked out in excess. I can't think of anything that might not be redundant or derivative. I guess the M14 DMR comes to mind.
    General: Mk. 12 Mod. 0 SPR, SPAS-15 (not to be confused with the SPAS-12) or Saiga. 
    Handgun: Walther P99, Colt Python .357

philuk19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By philuk19

I think more guns should come down the line, 1 more per class. But I would love to see maybe some more customisation on the guns, diffrent camos for example (Which could be reserved for the higher levels).

Nice to see these old ww2 game favourite in there too. 
    Recon: Mosin Nagant or Kar98. 
    Medic: FG-42
    Engineer: STEN
    Assult:  Browning BAR OR MP-44 

Not really into guns, so WW2 were a few I knew of which always felt great when using them in-game. Im sure there are better and modern guns out there which would fit better.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By REDRUN

Yogurt Cannon

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
    Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jarate

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Phantom_Crash

I would like to see more WWII weapons in the game like Lee-Enfield MKII, Owen, Mp40, B.A.R, Luger, Mossberg. I would also like to be able to get a Motar, I think one of the BF2 Mods had them.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FirePrince
    @Meteora:
    That is exactly what I was talking about. 
    MW2 weapons would work better in BC2 because of the maps,vehicles,and the fact that you can blow up cover.
    KinjiroSSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41  Edited By KinjiroSSD

L85A1 
    TAR-21
    HK USP 
    PSG-1

JiuJitsuka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JiuJitsuka85

The P90 Silenced

No Caption Provided

The Glorious SA80  
    No Caption Provided
    SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SammydesinasNL

The free slot is now taken up by the new SPECACT weapons which are skinned previous weapons, but their kills are counted seperatly.
    HayFourZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HayFourZee

Mp5s

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RsistncE
    @Xolare said:

" A Yogurt Cannon. "

I don't care what anyone says, the first beta of CS was AWESOME.

I just want a M4A1 for the assault class...goddamn POS short barrelled M416 can eat my ass

Actually you know what, I just wish they would put the Spec Ops class back in the game, the reduction of the other classes to the 4 current ones makes sense but none of the classes offer the versatility of BF2's Spec Ops class.
    TheCreamFilling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheCreamFilling

What if they put in the TOZ-194, Type-100 and Type-5 from the campaign and brought back the SPAS-15 from Bad Company 1?   

ScubaStoobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ScubaStoobie

More fun joke-ish weapons like a saw'd-off shotgun or a winchester lever action rifle would be amazing.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By spaceturtle

I love the selection of guns in BC2! But if I would like something added it would have to be MP5 and P90.

Matt120487

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Matt120487

Definitely a SCAR for the assault class

Phantom_Crash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Phantom_Crash

Engineers should have that Anti-Material rifle i suggested, no long range scope ofcorse, just normal Iron sights, Red Dot and X4. it would be awesome but it probably be too easy to take out a chopper unless it had a long reload time to compensate.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.