Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

Where is the weakest spot on a tank?

luusyphre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By luusyphre

I've been playing the engineer and when I shoot an RPG at a tank, sometimes I get the damage bonus notification, sometimes I don't.  I know in the past games and in other games, the tanks have more armor up front, so you want to shoot them in the back, but I've shot tanks in the back haven't gotten the notification.  The only time I seen to get it is if I manage to hit the turret.  Also, how many shots fired from the default RPG does it take to blow up a tank (and where is it hitting)?  For bonus, how many C4 changes does it take a blow up a tank (and does it matter where the charges are)?

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoelTGM

The back, but yeah I dunno sometimes I get the hit notification and sometimes not.  I think it's like four RPGs to kill a tank, but that's just from hitting the side mostly I guess.

Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lambert

The ass.

Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Icil

There are flaps all around the tank which shield the actual tank HP (I think).

I try to set C4 on the backs of treads or on areas that are fucked up already. A lot of the time I just have to lob em blind so I don't get killed =)

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By jmrwacko

The underbelly. Try to aim in back of the tank, below the chassis. The top is also very vulnerable.

Also, takes two c4 to explode a tank.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By natetodamax

In most games I think the back of the tank is the most vulnerable.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By FirePrince

Run behind and plant C4,way too fun. 
    Tank Driver:KIIIILING SPREE with my friends!WOHO..... 
    BOOOM 
    You:Pwned.
    spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By spaceturtle

I think you'll get the bonus notification when the tanks HP has been drained 50% or something like that. I seem to get the notification completly random. But what I've noticed is that the HP of the tank is considerably low when I get the bonus.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MikkaQ
    @jmrwacko said:
    " The underbelly. Try to aim in back of the tank, below the chassis. The top is also very vulnerable.  Also, takes two c4 to explode a tank. "

True, true. I forgot about that. Shooting under the tank probably gives you the bonus.
    white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By white

In past BF games the weakness was always at the back near the vents.

But for this game, I don't know why but even shots to the back seem to do the same amount of damage.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sjupp

As spaceturtle said; you only get this if a specific amount of damage has been done to the vehicle. A certain "weak spot"-hit won't give you this. It will definitely deal more damage from the back and thus increase your chance of getting the bonus.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic

the tracks (wheels)

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Jadeskye

in real life it's always the ass. Where the engine and/or ammunition is and also the weakest armor. Tanks are meant to be offensive so all their armor is in the front.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tuggah

I have a tank question, if you jump on a tank, can you throw a grenade down the manhole and kill it?

fripplebubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fripplebubby
    @Tuggah said:
    " I have a tank question, if you jump on a tank, can you throw a grenade down the manhole and kill it? "
    In real life, yes.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @luusyphre said:
    " I've been playing the engineer and when I shoot an RPG at a tank, sometimes I get the damage bonus notification, sometimes I don't.  I know in the past games and in other games, the tanks have more armor up front, so you want to shoot them in the back, but I've shot tanks in the back haven't gotten the notification.  The only time I seen to get it is if I manage to hit the turret.  Also, how many shots fired from the default RPG does it take to blow up a tank (and where is it hitting)?  For bonus, how many C4 changes does it take a blow up a tank (and does it matter where the charges are)? "
    Shell firing tanks are weakest at the rear.  If a tank is facing you, the trick is to either fire slightly wide or high so that the impact is to the rear of the vehicle.  I have found that firing high tends to give the best results as the hit box connect shows the RPG exploding over the rear of the vehicle and if you've softened it with just one 'nade at the rear, the likelihood is that it will be destroyed from just one good RPG rear shot.  The APC's which either fire burst flak or 'nades are almost as weak at the sides as the rear, so just one good shot at the flanks of the of the sides of those vehicles will blow them up.  The damage multiplier seems rather random from my experience, unless a vehicle is tagged, then it's guaranteed.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Whisperkill

The underbelly

Avatar image for deactivated-6442941ed320c
    deactivated-6442941ed320c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In addition, armour only takes full damage from a rocket if it takes a direct hit.  

Skimming hits or glancing blows will do reduced damage. Eg. if you aim for the side of a tank from a sharp angle and barely hit it, it'll do damage, but not that much. This was actually in BF1942 and brought back for BC2. They didn't make a big thing of it though. You need decent aim with the rockets now. 

But yes, the vents at the back are the weakest, whilst the back generally second weakest. Side takes the next largest amount of damage, whilst the front has heavy armour. 

C4 planted on the under-side should 1 hit kill, as far as I remember. 2 to the vent will also kill.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.