Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Mar 02, 2010

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is the second installment in this spin-off Battlefield series. It has a more serious campaign and a vastly expanded multiplayer system.

X360: Tell me about multiplayer

Avatar image for gladiator_games
    Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gladiator_Games

Hello forumners! My friends and I are desperately looking for a break from the tedium of MW2, and I suggested BF2 without knowing much about it. How does the multiplayer function with it? Keep in mind we'd be grabbing it for the X360 (they're not PCers like me, and we don't have enough PS3 controller), and it'd be mostly splitscreen. How does it compare to MW2's? What's different that we should expect?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

I don't think splitscreen is an option for starters

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By daiphyer

There is no Split-Screen, sorry. 
    But the game's multiplayer is fantastic, top notch from every perspective. It's very different to Modern Warfare 2, so be aware. It's slower paced, more class-dependent, and more tactical. 

Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gladiator_Games
    @Daiphyer: Aw man? Who doesn't put split screen? =(
    daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By daiphyer
    @Gladiator_Games: It's not that kind of game. Once you play it you will understand.
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Cloudenvy

I couldn't help but read the thread title in that Jeff Euro Journalist voice.

pieman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pieman32

no split scree dude, however vastly different and better :)

misfit13b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By misfit13b

The biggest differences are in the way that spawning happens, the loadouts and in the gamemodes.

You and your friends will be able to create your own 4-player "squads" in MP, where you can spawn on any living player if you die and get more XP for helping/working with your squadmates.

The perk situation from COD is somewhat there, although you earn the perks separately for each of four player classes, plus a few "all class" weapons and items.

BF:BC2 has fewer gamemodes. Conquest is like a larger scale Domination. Rush is like Demolition with eight targets, accessible two at a time (gotta destroy the first two targets before the next two will unlock). Squad Deathmatch is Team Deathmatch, but 4x4x4x4. There's a co-op mode called Onslaught which is basically Conquest vs. AI, and that's about it.

Never played any of it splitscreen, so YMMV. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Oops, looks like I take too long to type. Apparently no splitscreen so you may be out of luck.

Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gladiator_Games
    @misfit13b: That does help! Thanks!  Course, without a split screen option we probably wont pick it up sadly =(
    misfit13b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By misfit13b

@Gladiator_Games: That's a shame. The squads and choosing different classes based on situation (lots of tanks coming at you? switch to engineer, etc.) really keep things interesting from game to game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.