Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield Hardline

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 17, 2015

This Battlefield spin-off, developed by Visceral Games, focuses on the neverending battle between criminals and police officers, rather than the series' standard military setting.

Gameplay trailer

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

After nearly everything about the new Battlefield leaked yesterday the only thing missing was a gameplay trailer. Well, not anymore.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By leejunfan83

Excited for the first time in years to play a FPS

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Franstone

Yes please.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

dude this looks fuckin ridiculous

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Damn this trailer really gets down to it. Kind of taken aback by just how much detail they go into.

Looks cool to me, especially like how the multiplayer modes seem to be Battlefield-style takes on GTA game types.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ohhh shit...just too much to take in at once.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I think it's a good idea, but treating the matter so deadly seriously when its portrayal of the level of violence in law enforcement is so ridiculous seems like a bit of a disconnect to me...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

Basically looks to entail a lot of what I wished GTA Online would provide, to a certain extent. Also, that's totally Adam J. Harrington aka Roy from L.A. Noire! Playing what looks to be yet another sleazy, crooked copper, eh.

Man, all the typical marketing buzzwords are on play here.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a sec, this isn't set in the Middle-East. Are we sure this is Battlefield?

Seriously though, this looks fucking great, and this is coming from someone who hasn't enjoyed Battlefield since Bad Company 1. Bit confused though, is the game called Battlefield Hardline, or Omaha?

Wampa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shortbreadtom: Omaha was probably the code name, if this is a leaked trailer just for internal purposes maybe?

@yummylee: Dude just has that "I am clearly a crooked cop" face. seems to get that kind of role all the time in TV as well.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ehhh isn't this just Battlefield with a slightly different setting? More interesting than just another military Battlefield but ehhhh

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The idea of playing as the police for some reason sickens me more than playing as a soldier (I realise quite how ridiculous that is,) but this just looks really, really good... Most interesting BF game in years. Fair play, EA, fair fucking play.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mister_V

Who's the other cop? (the white dude in the brown jacket)

I recognise his face from someware but I can't place it.

Game looks neat. I wonder how fun it will be with a bunch of randoms, Payday was only fun when you could communicate as a team.

EDIT: wait I remember he played the vice cop in L.A noire right?

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mister_v: I doubt this will have any of the tactics or planning that payday has. At the end of the day it is still a big budget shooter that has to appeal to and please everybody it can. I imagine stuff like the bank heists and hostage rescue will play a lot more like a standard capture the flag mode or rush type thing than they will make out

Dangerloves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

All I can of think of is, EA/DICE sees Payday and Overkill Software as a threat. When Payday 2 ended up becoming the underdog for "fan favourite multiplayer", EA gotta go after the heist genre. They might aswell buy out the Kingpin IP and do a reboot while they're at it - put Snoop Dog and the cast from NWA for street cred mass appeal. But no Bodycount - Copkiller in any promotional material cos its too real.

The only real trend I'm noticing is the Scandinavian resurgence, in the genre of alternative shooters and first person games. Starbreeze, Machine Games, Overkill Software, Frictional Games and doing interesting things that set them apart just like DICE when they started out.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@pie said:

@mister_v: I doubt this will have any of the tactics or planning that payday has. At the end of the day it is still a big budget shooter that has to appeal to and please everybody it can. I imagine stuff like the bank heists and hostage rescue will play a lot more like a standard capture the flag mode or rush type thing than they will make out

Payday was hardly tacitcal. There was the stealth options but they were extremely clunky.

I get what you are getting at, but Payday is basically just an action game too. I'd love a real tacitcal stealthy heist game.

Having watched this trailer? I'm sure the multi can't be. Even in the Heist mode, what is the "Cops" team supposed to do if the beginning was all stealthy? But yeah, I think Payday doesn't qualify either.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I think this looks like a crazy idea. i hope it works out.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished the trailer and I have to say, looks awesome. Obviously the branding is a bit of a stretch but the gameplay looks really fun. It looks beautiful and the destruction looks like a step up for sure.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By Seppli

So the codename was *Omaha*, not *Havanna*. Wonder who this trailer was intended for. Investors? Retailers? Certainly doesn't seem like it was intended for a general audience. Just laying it all out there in the open - so atypical for this sort of thing.

It looks like crazy fun. So is this finally the first person open world game that Battlefield singleplayer should have evolved into, after Bad Company 1 laid the foundation? My imagination is running wild. Color me excited!

P.S. I found a working video...

Loading Video...

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished the trailer and I have to say, looks awesome. Obviously the branding is a bit of a stretch but the gameplay looks really fun. It looks beautiful and the destruction looks like a step up for sure.

@seppli said:

So the codename was *Omaha*, not *Havanna*. Wonder who this trailer was intended for. Investors? Retailers? Certainly doesn't seem like it was intended for a general audience. Just laying out there in the open - so atypical for this sort of thing.

Loading Video...

Atypical for EA I suppose. But it is really a copy of the format of recent Rockstar trailers, which I personally have found to be by far the best in the business. They aren't short but they really show off the game well and like you say, clearly lay everything. It's a great format to me.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Corevi

Bad Boys 3 directed by Micheal Bay looks pretty cool.

Loading Video...

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Never thought I'd be intereted in a Battlefield game again, but this looks pretty great. Really glad to see the FPS genre moving away from the middle east military thing, that's been played out for years.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looks great. But I feel a bit guilty and probably less excited because I'm watching something that's leaked.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: yeah I think payday is garbage but I know people do really like it and that it does require a bit more team work than your average shooter. I mean, I doubt these battlefield matches will start with everything calm and guns silenced with you sneaking about

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Holy hell...this looks SO DAMN GOOD. Is this supposed to come out this year? Though I guess even if it was, it wouldn't be functional til 5 months after release.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man if they get the the game modes right this will be awesome.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@lysergica33: I feel the same way about playing as the criminals. There was a line saying "no matter which side you prefer" that makes me think maybe team selection won't necessarily be totally random? Probably just wishful thinking.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@pie said:

@artisanbreads: yeah I think payday is garbage but I know people do really like it and that it does require a bit more team work than your average shooter. I mean, I doubt these battlefield matches will start with everything calm and guns silenced with you sneaking about

Yeah we will have to see. I'd hope the heist and hostage modes could get pretty complex though. Either way looks fun.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Niceanims

I can't wait to Scorpion spear some cops.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Holy hell...this looks SO DAMN GOOD. Is this supposed to come out this year? Though I guess even if it was, it wouldn't be functional til 5 months after release.

Considering this is Visceral and not DICE, I think we can give them the benefit of the doubt that the game will be in an acceptable state upon release. They have no history of the kind of issues BF4 had.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Seppli
    @artisanbreads said:

@seppli said:

So the codename was *Omaha*, not *Havanna*. Wonder who this trailer was intended for. Investors? Retailers? Certainly doesn't seem like it was intended for a general audience. Just laying it all out there in the open - so atypical for this sort of thing.

Atypical for EA I suppose. But it is really a copy of the format of recent Rockstar trailers, which I personally have found to be by far the best in the business. They aren't short but they really show off the game well and like you say, clearly lay everything. It's a great format to me.

Yeah. The formality of Rockstar's trailers since the Red Dead: Redemption campaign is something I enjoy too. However, I'm more talking about how this trailer shows it all, all at once. Usually the pre-release hype machine works in stages. Rockstar doesn't put out all their vidoes on the same day. It's one thing at a time, a couple of weeks apart, for months up until release.

Essentially, this trailer says it all. What's there left to say until the game comes out in November?

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still expect a certain level of jank to make for silly-fun Battlefield times.

subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By subyman

Looks cool. I'm glad we are moving away from all the "modern combat" stuff. After around 11 games between COD and BF set in the same place, I'm glad to see something new.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

Essentially, this trailer says it all. What's there left to say until the game comes out in November?

That's a fair point for how most marketing campaigns go. But for me, I don't need to see much more. I'm in.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

This does look good and may get me back into Battlefield after skipping 4.

Wishful thinking; What i would want, is an open world game with multiple banks/ stores to rob and AI civilians. Heists would start to play out like Assassin's Creed mutliplayer, with blending in and trying to rob places without tripping alarms. Once the alarm goes off it would play like Payday but the thief player would have the ability to break sight and try to blend in with the civilian AI.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By notnert427

This looks freaking fantastic. I'm probably skipping CoD: Advanced Warfare, so if this is anywhere near what I hope it is and comes out before Fall 2015, it's my next FPS buy.

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is basically Paydaythriild 5: The Heist 2?

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This looks fucking fantastic and I can't wait. I hope visceral can nail down an interesting single-player campaign too. That'd be cool.

What's REALLY werid is that this trailer could, depending on what their plans were, REALLY fuck with their marketing strategy. I mean, that was REALLY comprehensive. Of course, it'd be cool if this WAS a planned reveal trailer, and they have a bunch more to show, but somehow I feel like this was something aimed more internally (maybe at investors & retailers). If that's the case, it'll be really interesting to see how EA adjusts its marketing strategy. Not really related to the game, but it'll be interesting to watch, and it's nice that it's bringing with it a game that I would really like to play

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It feels reeeeeeal weird to me to glorify the militarization of the police in the US in this way. No thank you.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@onekillwonder_ said:

Considering this is Visceral and not DICE, I think we can give them the benefit of the doubt that the game will be in an acceptable state upon release. They have no history of the kind of issues BF4 had.

Yeah, but Visceral has also never worked on a large-scale multiplayer game before. I fully expect this game to busted in some fashion upon release, though that won't stop me from getting it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Seppli

@onekillwonder_ said:

@ll_exile_ll said:

@onekillwonder_ said:

Yeah, but Visceral has also never worked on a large-scale multiplayer game before. I fully expect this game to busted in some fashion upon release, though that won't stop me from getting it.

Multiple sources are saying Visceral handles the singleplayer portion, while DICE's newly formed LA studio (mostly comprised of the former Danger Close team), in collaboration with EA/DICE proper in Stockholm, are making the multiplayer.

The LA guys remade the assortment of BF3 maps in the Second Assault expansion for BF4, which turned out pretty great. So yeah, I'm hopeful.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#43  Edited By mikemcn

@defaultprophet said:

It feels reeeeeeal weird to me to glorify the militarization of the police in the US in this way. No thank you.

Yea... the real enemy is AT HOME! Thanks EA?

A singleplayer campaign with some depth to being a police guy and a minimal amount of all out firefights, would be awesome! And one of a kind! But it won't be that, it'll be mowing down cul-de-sacs worth of LA gangsters and drug dealers for no reason other than thats what happens in call of duty. And the multiplayer? BF3 with a police skin? Ok....

Oh, and BF3 is free today btw! Great goddamn game.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

hmmmmm, why not. If EA has to annualize their military games this isn't that bad of an idea.... but I do feel everyone should be skeptical because this is EA we are talking about and this would have been Medal of Honor game instead.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.