Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield Hardline

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 17, 2015

This Battlefield spin-off, developed by Visceral Games, focuses on the neverending battle between criminals and police officers, rather than the series' standard military setting.

Initial thoughts?

• 57 results
    FlyboyJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hotwire has been a lot of fun so far, and the vehicle handling is strong overall (although I still can't fly a chopper with a controller to save my life). The only times driving gets janky are when two vehicles are stuck on each other or when it's slightly too laggy to allow for fluid high-speed movement. At this point, though, it's a little too easy to get stuck on the environment--it's frustrating to win a big firefight for control over a car only to find that it's stuck until it blows up because it's on an object six inches off the ground.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Well, I played a bit and remembered that Battlefield gameplay is pretty cool.

So I left my buddy's and played four hours of Battlefield 4.... and I want to keep going.

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

59.99 ?? or 69.99 if you want some "battlepacks"

In the earlier years they gave you a CD, a box, and manuals for 49.99. Now they are charging 59.99 as the baseline for a digital purchase. What the hell is that?

Anyway.

The game is not worth it. If there were mod tools available, I'm sure the community would make something much better.

The BF:H doesn't make any sense to me. The gameplay is all over the place.

The heist mode had potential, but it's stupid. I have no idea what's going on. They allow full access to all parts of the map so you can circle behind the enemy spawn and get them from behind. This cuts off the steady stream of players to the 'front'. It's a wrench in the gameplay.

It doesn't make any sense. It's like the mayor of the town says "Criminals, you amass over there behind THIS particular bank. Cops, you amass over there in front of THIS particular bank. On the count of three, have at it." WTF!? so stupid.

Robbing a bank should have the criminals on site first, breaking into the safe and collecting the loot. It's by the time they are going to make an exit that the cops should be arriving. Did I mention it's stupid, and it costs $60? or $70?

Hotwire... no clue. Get into a marked car, and drive... Basically you need to drive in order to be target practice for the other player. There is no other reason. Pointless gameplay. You drive... you get shot out of the car... then you get pissed... you go on foot and camp to shoot others out of their car.

Conquest map.... the dust storm, in the beta map, doesn't make any sense. "If you thought the first 15 minutes of gameplay were boring, wait until the last 5 when the............. storm begins. Teehee" . Stupid.

I don't understand the buying of weapon addons. It doesn't make sense. If you're a cop in the game, and you have money.... why can't you buy an AKM? Free market. That doesn't even make sense either. You're part of the police force, don't they supply you for free? Stupid.

This game is weak. It should have a starting price of 29.99, and then in a few months they should make it go on sale for 19.99. That's the level of this game. And there are no mod tools. If this game were different, in that it had mod tools where BF3, and BF4 didn't have mod tools... THEN BF:H would be looked at differently. Even though BF:H gameplay is weak, if there were mod tools for this game then it would be something to pick up.

No mod tools, weak gameplay, and high entry cost ($60/$70) ---- avoid.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

This game is worse than a real Battlefield game in just about every way possible, and a classic example of EA dragging a good name through the mud for a quick buck

Wait for BF5 or Battlefront 3, because this latest round of testing is pathetic

nickhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

It didn't change my interest level in Battlefield, so I guess it's still Battlefield? It's just a series I never got sucked into, and the beta felt no different to me.

I also am still wondering what the motivation was for cops vs. robbers.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#57  Edited By MightyDuck

Gave it a few shots this past weekend. It was serviceable, but I don't see it pulling me away from Battlefield 4 at all. I'm more excited to see if we get some classic map DLC for BF4 that had been rumored about back in December.

Although I wonder if that could potentially hurt Hardline sales in the long run?

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

As some who has always preferred the battlefield off shoots I really liked this! It helps that I gave bf4 a miss so have had a good break from the series. I do worry about the depth of the unlocks and was disappointed by the lack of destuction but other than that I had a great time. Will probably pick this up at launch.

Now gimme a Bad Company 3 damn it!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.