Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield Hardline

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 17, 2015

This Battlefield spin-off, developed by Visceral Games, focuses on the neverending battle between criminals and police officers, rather than the series' standard military setting.

Not a big vehicle fan, is this game for me?

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

I've never liked using vehicles in fps multiplayer games (besides Halo) and will only use them as a last resort to get to a location. Since Battlefield Hardline is on sale right now I was wondering if this sort of game would be more in my direction?

euantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There's not much vehicle usage in Hardline at all. The story is pretty possible, but if you're buying it for online and already own Battlefield 4, I wouldn't bother. The new police based missions are interesting for a short time, but I found myself just going back to the standard modes and they do pretty much nothing different to BF4 - the only difference is the fewer, smaller maps and the smaller range of weapons.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@euantor: So you're saying that conquest and whatnot are on the same scale size? Because I'm looking for slightly more compact less vehicles.

euantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By euantor

@lackluster: I'd say they're actually slightly smaller scale than BF4. If you can get it for £20 or so, it's probably worth it if you enjoyed Battlefield 4. Vehicle wise, they're pretty rare in most game types except Hotwire (where the whole objective is to capture and control vehicles), but they're mostly limited to cars and trucks rather than heavily armoured vehicles.

Mustainium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a heads up, if this game's community isn't already dead, it will be once Battlefront hits

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

That game is for nobody....

bellmont42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bellmont42

yep choose wisely... http://bfhstats.com/

It's already practically dead on pc because people would rather play bf4. http://bf4stats.com/

If you don't like vehicles there are plenty of servers for BF4 out there(pc atleast) that have smaller maps and the 2 maps with no vehicles at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.