Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield

Franchise »

The Battlefield series is created by Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. The games focus on large maps and vehicle combat with a strong focus on class-based teamwork. The Battlefield series spans multiple platforms and has a strong PC based following.

Bad Company 1/2 Versus Battlefield 2/3 - Which Flavor Do You Prefer?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Seppli

With rumors flying high that a new Bad Company iteration is on its way to our living rooms, and looking at various comment sections on articles about this hot news, opinions and preferences seem to be much divided in the current Battlefield fan community. It seems like an even split between Bad Company lovers, and core Battlefield afficionados.

I definitely prefer the Bad Company flavor over Core Battlefield. Much of what Battlefield 3 brought back to the Battlefield franchise didn't add to my enjoyment of it - such as prone position and jets (and all the lock-on weapons that came with them). Or many of the gadgets, like the mortar and the MAV. And everything about the balancing coinciding with the 64 player scale.

So yeah - I'm a Bad Company man, I pray to the gods that BF:BC 3 truely is in the making. I'd love me a Battlefield game, that's about fast and furious skilldriven gameplay, and not about codependence, defensive cooldowns, and arseholes being prone clipping into rocks and walls, hiding absolutely invisible in the shadows, nor would I miss the wierd ass balance favoring numbers over player skill, or the unsatisfying low impact and often indirect zero-skillceiling gadgets. Camperfriendly and eyesore inducing lighting often making it impossible to see what's in plain sight is the worst of all though, just so we're clear about what's worst in BF3 (which despite everything, is a pretty neat game). The list of my personal dislikes goes on and on and on.

Bad Company 3 - to the rescue!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Sackmanjones

I like both bad company games quite a bit but I love 2 and 3 a lot. That's right people I like battlefield 3!!

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Jack268

I didn't play THAT much BF2, but I think BC2 > BF3 > BF2 > BC1. Mostly because BC2 had very good map design compared to BF3. In BF3 there are like 2-3 maps I can stand playing while in BC2 I could play any map on any game mode and still have fun.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Can I say I like the BFBC for single player and BF for multi? I like the light tone of the BC games but the real more refined kinda play of the BF games.  

But I want a new 2142..Or hopefully 2143

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ninja_Welshman

Bad Company myself but really love 2142. Wait, where you guys going.......?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually preferred BF2/3 to BC1/2 because of being able to go prone. I guess it's just difficult for me to imagine a military shooter where soldiers can't go prone, and use rubble or slight inclines in hills as cover.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

Bad Company, because I've played it.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Arker101

I've only played BC1&2 and BF3. Bad Company's singleplayer was so much better then Battlefield 3's. I liked the multiplayer more as well, I feel like it was more balanced then BF3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.