Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield

Franchise »

The Battlefield series is created by Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. The games focus on large maps and vehicle combat with a strong focus on class-based teamwork. The Battlefield series spans multiple platforms and has a strong PC based following.

How is DICE going to handle Bad Company and the original BF?

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Jayross

DICE has established Bad Company as a solid first person shooter on the consoles. With Bad Company 2, it was now a solid shooter for the PC's. 

Battlefield 3 is confirmed to be in development, but we know nothing about it. It has been confirmed to not be releasing in 2010, and will be released sometime after April 2011. By then it will be over a year since BC2 got released for the PC and consoles. 

Will DICE release Battlefield 3 for the consoles?   

This has been a topic of much debate, as there are clear limitations for consoles; mainly bandwith caps imposed by Microsoft and Sony. I doubt DICE will release Battlefield 3 on all 3 platforms, it would be nearly impossible. I predict that DICE and EA will release Battlefield 3 as a PC only
    game in the last half of 2011. I also predict a downloadable XBLA game similar to Battlefield: 1943. If the next downloadable game takes place in the European theater, more pacific maps, Vietnam, or in 2143, we have no way of knowing. 

What do you think DICE will do? Do you want to see Battlefield 3 on consoles, or have it stick to it's PC roots? When do you want another Bad Company? In what era do you think the XBLA game should take place? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.