Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Battlefield

Franchise »

The Battlefield series is created by Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. The games focus on large maps and vehicle combat with a strong focus on class-based teamwork. The Battlefield series spans multiple platforms and has a strong PC based following.

Rumour: Visceral working on a Police themed BF game '14

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

We published an article time ago about Visceral Games and Battlefield. Apparently, Visceral Games could be working on a Battlefield game, aside the DICE ones. We got more info from this project published in Polygon:

Electronic Arts earlier this week let go of their contractors at the office and told full-time staffers they could either take compensation and leave or continue working in the office to support work on Visceral’s rumored police-themed Battlefield title, code-named Havana. Sources say Havana is due out later this year.

If we recap, we would have a new Battlefield game made by Visceral Games and this product would have a police theme. Havana would reach the shelves this year. More important than this is an indirect confirmed fact: Battlefield could annualize with this release (everything points out in that direction). ..

vgleaks: Rumor: Visceral Games is working on a Battlefield game, police theme, due out this year

Polygon: Layoffs hit Ghost Games' UK office, unannounced NFS title mothballed

No Caption Provided

I imagine this, and I guess this could work out. It would give more time for Bad Company 3 to come out, and dear God, Battlefield 5 better not happen so soon. Battlefront, huh? So, this would be the concept album from the band Battlefield. Police tanks, shotguns, cityscape in say "Havana", and.. That's all I could think of, really. Travel across the world in different locations, police fighting other police, and robbers yea. Purdy Everglades location maybe, historic landmarks, would be good alright locations I guess, etc.

No Caption Provided

The only thing I could think of is like: nine Crown Victorias doing donuts in a giant parking lot, doing drive-bys, and mustaches as far as the eye can see. You down, or what?

And for fuck sake, release on LESS fucking platforms..

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for connerthekewlkid
    connerthekewlkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yknow a full on game about Cops and Robbers could work

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

That actually sounds pretty interesting to me.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

When it turns out to be a police game built on the Frostbite engine and not a police themed Battlefield game can we all agree to not be surprised?

Also, go back about a year on that VGLeaks.com website and read the fucking bullshit they report on, most of it is press releases with the word "LEAKED!!" at the front or lies like Fallout 4 will be shown at E3 2013.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Oh police battlefields, makes sense.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

hmmmm well this isn't that bad of an idea.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Urban Battlefield. Guaranteed title.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Battlefield: Modern Police

"THE WAR COMES HOME"

Holiday 2014

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I was hoping for a Cops type game. Is this a Cops type game? Hell I would even take a Reno 911 game at this point.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#10 fisk0  Moderator

I want Battlefield Cops 2142. 64 player G-Police!

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An open world game where you play as a cop who kills everything and refills health with donuts.

Oh wait, this isn't a Rockstar game.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I like the idea but I get the feeling that shooting police with bf4 level graphics might upset the ratings board

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

sure, I'm in.

@fisk0 said:

I want Battlefield Cops 2142. 64 player G-Police!

don't make jokes like that :(

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's a cop game it wouldn't be 64 players. If it's not a 64 player game it wouldn't be battlefield.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I don't think that a game about police could have the same scale that Battlefield is known for.

Also, I'd rather see Visceral do something more interesting. Not another Dead Space, but they clearly have a lot of talent.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
    SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

They should get the guy who wrote NFS: Rivals. He's way into cops and stuff.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

What exactly does "police themed" mean? I imagine that would mean a different campaign structure but I don;t know what that would do to the multiplayer. Since battlefield 4's multiplayer contains loads of vehicles with intense combat and a ton of destruction, I can't imagine, as a policeman, you would be allowed to do that (unless the NFS Rivals writers are in on this game)....

archer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You know, some SWAT 4 style multiplayer in the Frostbite engine would be pretty cool...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The problem is police are never on anything like an open battlefield of any sort. Cops and SWAT team members can obviously use their discretion to use lethal force, but the average engagement that any police force gets in usually isn't going to involve a lot of numbers, and they're going to have to invent a really contrived reason that you can just shoot everybody on sight.

Except in Payday 2, where on the harder difficulties you seem to kill literally hundreds of armoured cops who don't really make an attempt to negotiate with you.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I don't think that a game about police could have the same scale that Battlefield is known for.

Also, I'd rather see Visceral do something more interesting. Not another Dead Space, but they clearly have a lot of talent.

I really do wonder what they'll do next. Dead Space has run its course and their other attempt at a new IP, Dante's Inferno, fell flat.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By falserelic

Cops vs gang members would be a cool mode. Full scale battle in the hood and suburban cities.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, they should make it futurecops. Cyberpunk Battlefield focused on cops and criminals? Sign me the fuck up.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By Seppli

So it's a big budget competitive Payday of sorts, with a police themed (coop?) campaign? Might EA have rehired Andrew Goldfarb, who went to work on Payday 2 after being a producer on Battlefield 3? Also makes me think of this... (and Heat, of course).

Loading Video...

They'll have to match Ubisoft's Snowdrop engine in terms of shooting out windows, because that shit looks tight. Also - I guess this won't be 64 players, and there won't be any military grade lock-on rocketlaunchers (or any jets to shoot them at). I'm not particularly partial to jet gameplay anyways. It's definitely going to be interesting.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#24  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Cops vs gang members would be a cool mode. Full scale battle in the hood and suburban cities.

No Caption Provided

I could see police helicopters being used. Searchlights, tracking, thermal vision, a ditch, snipers outside the fire-escape. flannel and white A-shirts, and cliqua cutscene. This could be a Giant Bomb of a game. :P

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BaneFireLord

Battlefield: Mega City One. Heard it here first.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

This sounds literally fucking stupid.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By GreggD

@jakob187 said:

This sounds literally fucking stupid.

Stubborn ignorance of the sexual variety. Wat.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hunter5024

If the word Battlefield weren't associated with this news then I would be really excited.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Snail

I'm in.

Make it set in 80s L.A. and I'm way in.

It could very well suck though.

peakborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sounds like a hella convoluted idea if I ever heard one. It needs to be a Robocop licensed game or Predator 2 before the Predator turns up, a city under martial law but even then I'd expect the military to be called in at that point.

As much as I've wanted a more authentic Police game this seems nuts. They are rumours though, it might as well be recreating the scene at the end of Monty Python's a Holy Grail where the police go up against a medieval army.

Actually make it that. I want that.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DonPixel

As an Arma 3 Alti's Life mod player I approve of this.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DonPixel

@peakborn said:

This sounds like a hella convoluted idea if I ever heard one. It needs to be a Robocop licensed game or Predator 2 before the Predator turns up, a city under martial law but even then I'd expect the military to be called in at that point.

As much as I've wanted a more authentic Police game this seems nuts. They are rumours though, it might as well be recreating the scene at the end of Monty Python's a Holy Grail where the police go up against a medieval army.

Actually make it that. I want that.

I like the sound of it, I sure hope is not just a re-skinned Battlefield thou, that would be lamesauce.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol bad company 3. They'll make battlefield 5 for 2015 or early 2016 and you can forget about BC3. It's not gonna happen

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

By the time Battlefield 4 is finally fully patched and bug free, a new one will come out. That's complete fucking bullshit, if it's not connection issues then all the sound except for music is gone or the hud is completely missing.

That out of my system, a Cops and Robbers FPS could be fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.