Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BattleForge

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Mar 24, 2009

A real-time strategy game that uses trading card game elements (i.e. Magic: The Gathering) to summon units on the battlefield.

BattleForge goes Free to Play

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By Forcen

Battleforge is now a Free to Play game, the retail boxes is now just a points bonus, and a disc for the game.
    Here is some info about the change from the FAQ:

What exactly does BattleForge Play4Free include?
    • Along with all functionality of the game, BattleForge Play4Free includes two decks consisting of 32 cards. You can play any scenario in the game, including the Renegade Campaign. With BattleForge Play4Free, you are also able to purchase Booster Pack and bid on cards in the Auction House. However, you can only offer a card in the Auction House once you have reached level 4 in PvE and level 10 in PvP. Direct trades and sending in-game mail with attachments are also blocked until you reach this experience level.
    Does BattleForge Play4Free include BattleForge Points?
    • No. BattleForge Play4Free includes all game content, but it does not include any BattleForge Points. The points you can get either by trading with other players, or you can purchase them from BattleForge.com or the EA Store.
    I tried out the demo, and it was pretty fun so I'm am downloading it now to see how the free model is.
    I wonder how this will affect the Steam version of the game.

http://forums.battleforge.com/forum/showthread.php?p=101427#post101427
    http://www.battleforge.com/
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Awesome. I might have to check this out now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.