Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BattleTech

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 24, 2018

The first turn-based BattleTech game for PC in over twenty years.

Battletech Developer HBS purchased by Paradox

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hope it's also good news for the part of their fanbase that wants Shadowrun way more.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It seems like Harebrained will continue to have control over their own projects, so I think this is good news. I was a bit worried when I first heard this, but if they're still running the show on their games, that's reassuring. I hope that Paradox just writes some checks and let's HBS do their thing.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pretty cheap!

CupOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@efesell: Not necessarly. Paradox did publishing for Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny and were unhappy with the sales. I know that shadow run isn't exactly the same thing but, Paradox might be resistant to the idea of publishing another isometric RPG.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: Not necessarly. Paradox did publishing for Pillars of Eternity and Tyranny and were unhappy with the sales. I know that shadow run isn't exactly the same thing but, Paradox might be resistant to the idea of publishing another isometric RPG.

Yeah Tyranny specifically bombed pretty hard for their tastes which is why they split for Pillars 2.

I think Shadowrun has been largely successful so I don't think that'd be the holdup, more that Battletech probably fits their style way more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.