Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BattleTech

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Apr 24, 2018

The first turn-based BattleTech game for PC in over twenty years.

BattleTech - General Discussion

• 107 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Battletech is back! What a great time to be alive.

To celebrate, here's an extra Giant Bomb store code: 4ca697746edd-53e33b4b

Cr0ssbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just ragequit a 3-skull mission that had reinforcements spawn in on my flank before I even fired first volley, consisting of a 3 Jagermechs and a sensor locking tank. My LRM boat took 90 LRMs to the side before I could see them or even move. Very tempted to just avoid all Battle missions from here on out. They're bullshit.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have now seen nonsense in it's purest form.

I know that with all games that have an element of RNG to them that nonsense happens. I've played both new XCOMs and I've missed my fair share of 90+% shots.

But I have never, NEVER seen anything like a hunchback with both arms blown off run up to my character (who is in a dragon, by the way), and manage to MELEE OFF MY HEAD IN A SINGLE SHOT! No previous damage to the head. I didn't even know that melee COULD hit the head. Now my main character is on the shelf for 120 days.

I...I...I don't know what to say.

Oh yeah i had that happen to me as well, full health Mech think it was my Shadowhawk 2D. The enemy had a Wolverine that had 8 HP left and no weapons. He shoulder charged me and blew my head clean off in one swoop.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After putzing about for 70+ hours, I think I finally made it to the last story mission. Its giving me a lot of point of no return warnings. Darius also said something like You will need to field several lances for this mission. I've gotten through the game with only 6 pilots in my roster at a time. This warning made me panic and hire six more. I also only have 5 or 6 assault mechs. Am I ready for the final mission? I'd like to end the campaign soon and not spend a whole lot more time grinding out side missions.

sandweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By sandweed

@mobiusfun: You should be fine.

It's 2 missions back to back with no resupply. Keep 3 pilots and 3 mechs in reserve and you should do OK.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sandweed: Thanks. I guess I'll finish it tonight then.

Also, I never saw a King Crab throughout the whole campaign. Bummer!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.