Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Any advice for Hard mode?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

I'm really stuck at the first fight with Jeanne in the second chapter. She is just so fast. Is there anything that you guys did to get better? Also, is there a way I can go back into that red training room that's like in the loading screen? I really want to spend some time in there with the combos handy so I can get better.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Have extra lotion handy! 

This game has mad cartoon pussy.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo
    • Press "Back" during loading to stay in the training room.
    • Work on getting the various accessories to improve your performance. (Time Bracelet or w/e, blah blah blah.) Basically get more unlockables and upgrades before starting Hard mode.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64
    @xyzygy: Use the sword.  I think it's the best weapon in the game.  Another piece of advice is to buy all the Witch Hearts and Moon Pearls from the shop.  And learn to Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, Dodge.
    TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TotalEklypse

remove disc and frisbee at the nearest wall. pronto.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xyzygy
    @JJOR64 said:

" @xyzygy: Use the sword.  I think it's the best weapon in the game.  Another piece of advice is to buy all the Witch Hearts and Moon Pearls from the shop.  And learn to Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, Dodge. "

What do you mean by Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, Dodge? I know how to dodge in the game but I didn't know you could duck or dip, and is diving the attack where you press A then B really fast? 

@Vinchenzo said:
    "
    • Press "Back" during loading to stay in the training room.
    • Work on getting the various accessories to improve your performance. (Time Bracelet or w/e, blah blah blah.) Basically get more unlockables and upgrades before starting Hard mode.
    "
    Oh, that's so awesome. Thanks!
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By JJOR64
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By Icemael
    @BiffMcBlumpkin said:

" Have extra lotion handy!  This game has mad cartoon pussy. "

I double tap the dodge button all the time just to see that naked cartoon pussy.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xyzygy
    @Icemael said:

" @BiffMcBlumpkin said:

I double tap the dodge button all the time just to see that naked cartoon pussy. "
    So you want to see the naked cartoon pussy of the Panther? I suppose that makes sense, any normal person would like to see that type of naked cartoon pussy
    Mariek430

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mariek430

Climax brace, Pillow Talk, Climax brace using Durga or Onyx, and Bracelet of Time make the game a total joke

Natsurium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Natsurium

The Jeanne fights on hard mode were the toughest thing for me as well, her wicked weaves are extremely fast on both the harder difficulties. I would advise at least getting max health first, or close to it. Buy the Selene's Light accessory for the extra cushion against attacks, and from there it's really just getting used to the quicker enemy attacks and patterns.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xyzygy

I actually managed to kill her. I am finding that the Onyx Roses are coming insanely handy. Why did I not upgrade them and use them in Normal, I don't know... 

Also I bought the Gaze of Despair first because I want to get ore Halos to buy things. I have only one accessory, Gazeof Despair, all Techniques, one weapon upgrade (Onyx Roses) and that's it.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Steve_C

I had trouble with that fight, no thanks to the shitty camera. I ended up spamming wicked weaves doing the basic punch, kick, punch to knock them out as quick as possible. Also had the bracelet of time equipped so I could use witch time, giving me a bit of time to get out the combo in some spots.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Toxin066

Buy the Moon of Male Kalikimaka or whatever it's called and get used to blocking. It does wonders versus Jeanne and Grace&Glory because they have moves that will combo you. Using the moon bracelet, you can get hit once, cancel the combo (or maybe even counter)  and launch your own attacks. 

Don't be overly aggressive.  Try using the YBY combo with the katana to chip away at her life.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15  Edited By Seppli

In any case 'Hard' mode seems like torture to me. Not gonna do it. Not that dedicated to Bayonetta.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#16  Edited By Icemael
    @xyzygy said:
    " @Icemael said:

" @BiffMcBlumpkin said:

I double tap the dodge button all the time just to see that naked cartoon pussy. "
    So you want to see the naked cartoon pussy of the Panther? I suppose that makes sense, any normal person would like to see that type of naked cartoon pussy "
    See that thing that went right over your head? Yeah, that was the naked cartoon pussy I was talking about. 

Also known as "joke".
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I've been playing through normal with Gaze of Despair on. It's kind of a nice primer for the harder modes. Also if you are short on halos you can always play chapter 7 over and over again. I usually get between 50 to 70 thousand halos a go with that and usually you can beat that chapter in like 4 minutes if even. Ive been playing to unlock all the accessories and whatnot before I decide to take on hard mode.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xyzygy
    @wolf_blitzer85: That's what I'm doing now except I'm on Chapter 6 on hard with only one accessory, Gaze of Despair. So I'll need to do that farming thing once I get to Chapter 7.
    Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Daryl

Don't do it!

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @xyzygy:  Also if worse comes to worse you can always just change the difficulty to grind for halos. Less hassle bigger combos, same payout IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.