Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Bayonetta 1 Wii U port download code or on disk?

Avatar image for tournamentofhate
    TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#1  Edited By TournamentOfHate

Ok so a Bayonetta 1 port is included with Bayonetta 2 for Wii U. The problem I'm having is knowing if it's on the disk or just a download code. I've read that it's on disk in Japan but in North America it's a download code. If anybody here in NA bought the game at retail can you confirm that the first game is a download code? I'd rather have it on disk especially since Wii Us don't have a lot of space. Cheers.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@tournamentofhate: The game is being offered both ways. If you buy Bayonetta 2 physically, it comes packaged with Bayonetta on a separate disc. You can also buy both games digitally, and there will be a special discount applied if you buy both together.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By colourful_hippie

Don't mean to hijack but I'm curious if buying Bayonetta 2 on eshop means not getting the first game or do you not have to buy the retail copy to get the bundle?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't mean to hijack but I'm curious if buying Bayonetta 2 on eshop means not getting the first game or do you not have to buy the retail copy to get the bundle?

As I stated above, both games will be available on the eShop. There is a special discount where buying both digitally gives a discount that reduces the combined price to $60.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hailinel: Cool, I'll probably get it on disc though. I remember hearing that the second game could almost fill up the 32 gig internal so then there won't be room to download the first game and I really don't feel like buying more memory for a console I barely use

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That's actually a good question.

@hailinel: You positive that's the case? Was that confirmed somewhere? Just wondering

TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TournamentOfHate

Yeah I knew that you can get the discount if you buy them both digitally. I just wanted to make sure that if you bought it at retail in NA that Bayonetta 1 is also on the disk or if that is only in Japan.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: You positive that's the case? Was that confirmed somewhere? Just wondering

It's been reported in multiple places. Here's one link.

TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TournamentOfHate

@hailinel said:

@frostyryan said:

That seems pretty conclusive so I don't know why I keep seeing people that have gotten download codes in their case. I wonder if the plans changed from when they announced it or if it's only on disc for like the first printing run or if there's just spreading misinformation out there. Thanks.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@hailinel said:

I already knew this information, and knew it had been reported multiple places.

My brain decided to forget it, for absolutely no reason. I probably have metal problems. *sigh*

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Corevi
    @hailinel said:

I already knew this information, and knew it had been reported multiple places.

My brain decided to forget it, for absolutely no reason. I probably have metal problems. *sigh*

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.