Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Bayonetta

ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By ErgoProxy77

Today I attended Fan Expo in Toronto.  Fan Expo is basically an anime, gaming, sci-fi, horror, and comic convention all in one.  In the gaming section, Sega had a small booth with four consoles set up with Bayonetta.  It was one of the least busiest booths in that section, so I jumped at the chance to try out Bayonetta.  I decided to skip any cutscenes and the tutorial because I just wanted to jump into the action.  As I engaged the first group of enemies, I realized that the game was in fact similar to the Devil May Cry series.   
    They both have a lock-on system, similar jumping mechanics, they both use the triggers to switch weapons, and they both have very nice stylish action.  However, Bayonetta is not DMC.  In DMC4, the main attack buttons were shoot, attack, and style move.  In Bayonetta, they are shoot, punch, and kick.  This may seem like a very simple set-up, but combined with combos, special attacks, and other weapons, well, you have yourself one very badass game.  You can even pick up weapons that enemies leave behind and use them for a short period.  I saw some spears, giant morning stars, and even some sort of energy shooting trumpet!  I was also able to pull off a special move, in which I threw my enemy into a torture box.   
    In general, Bayonetta is awesome.  It has smooth action, a sexy protagonist, and some ridiculously cool moves.  I can't wait till release!

ProjektGill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ProjektGill

Did you get to see the instant-win button? Apparently there is a mode that allows expert combo moves to be completed with a simple button press.

ErgoProxy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By ErgoProxy77
    @ProjektGill: I didn't find that, but when I selected the difficulty, it said "automatic" under the easy setting, I wonder if that's it, or if it's similar to automatic in Devil May Cry.
    hakunin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By hakunin
    DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By DanielJW

This does sound like a really cool game. I just hope it doesn't get overlooked in the slew of other delayed-to-2010 releases.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.