Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Bayonetta Demo Detailed

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

UPDATE

Bayonetta's demo will be arriving in NA & Europe next week on December 3rd for both 360 and PS3 users  

No Caption Provided
    Sega have said that the upcoming PS3 and Xbox 360 demos of Bayonetta will offer different stages. The content list provided by Sega suggests that the only difference is an extra stage for 360 gamers.  

The PS3 demo comes in at, 1,196MB, and will include a tutorial and "The Angel's Metropolis" level.  

The Xbox 360 demo on the other hand has a  770MB filesize, and will include the tutorial, "The Angel's Metropolis" level, and the "Falling Clock Tower" prologue level. 

From what I gather, things are not looking good for PS3 owners, sadly. The omission of the Clock Tower level looks to be down to it looking a rough around the edges in comparison to the PlatinumGames developed 360 version. This Clock Tower prologue level is said to be extremely intensive on hardware, on both consoles, and that the Sega developed PS3 version seems to pay the notably higher price...

Both versions of the demo will include options for camera, sound and display adjustments.

"It will be more than just a demo that's pulled from the middle of the game. We'd like to make it so that those who've already bought the game will make new discoveries if they play the demo." 

-Yusuke Hashimoto    

Sega have released three screens for each version. At this size little distinction between the two can be made, but I will post them anyway. There has been a little fuss over the second image in both, as they do look exactly the same!....Make of that what you will. 

Expect the demo to hit in early January in the West.

PS3 version:  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

360 version:  

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ververdan0226

Good to see your taking a break.  :P

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

Can't fucking wait. I don't play online, but I'm gonna get a Gold subscription just to get the demo earlier.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

Games looks virtually the same on both consoles from the look of the screenshots. Game looks pretty meh but I'll download the demo anyway since I've got a feeling I might find something I'll like.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MeierTheRed

Judging from those pics, they seem pretty close. I had imagined the PS3 version looking like a pile of poo, as there had been so much talk about the guys developing it.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By killer_meatballs

Definitely looking forward to this game.  Not sure which console to buy it for though.  But that is  a ways off.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Icemael

Here's a pretty sweet video of Kamiya playing Bayonetta. Very Hidekimatic, I must say: 

graf1k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By graf1k

How the hell does the PS3 demo have one less level and is 400MB larger?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Icemael
    @graf1k: Well, don't PS3 games have uncompressed audio? 360 ones don't, so it's possible that that's the reason for the difference in size.
    graf1k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By graf1k
    @Icemael: That makes sense. I hadn't really thought of that and honestly I wasn't even sure that extended to demos.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks

Bayonetta's demo will be available on December 3rd for both 360 and PS3 users in North America and Europe. 

The game will launch on January 5th in North America, and January 8th in Europe

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.