Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Bayonetta (PS3) playable and beatable by a "eh" player?

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By avidwriter

I'm interested in playing Bayonetta but I'm kinda eh in these kinds of games. I was able to beat GoW but a few points I got pretty angry (that hell level!!!). Since this isn't the GoW 3 forum I won't ask about that.

So, do you think in your opinions that I'd have some fun playing the game being ok at it?

Oh, I beat Darksiders too if that helps?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I think Bayonetta was harder than God of War. So you'll probably die more.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Raven10

It's hard but what you should be worried about is the crappy PS3 version. If you have a 360 do yourself a big favor and get that version. The PS3 version was butchered. It is no harder than God of War 3 I think. Requires a lot more precise timing though.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

I think that game had adjustable difficulty settings didn't it?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5  Edited By Justin258

Everyone hates the hell level in God of War 1. If you don't... well, good for you, but I've never heard of anyone not thinking it was a bad part of a good game.

As for Bayonetta... doesn't this game have a "one button" mode or something like that? It's like practice for polishing cucumbers and texting at the same time.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Hizang

The PS3 version is fine, it's all I have played.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TobbRobb

Bayonetta on normal is perfectly finishable, and if that feels too hard, you have two lower options to choose from. While I think playing on very easy defeats a lot of the purpose of the game, the story and characters are definitely crazy enough to be fun on their own.

SO GO GET IT NOW. ITS AWESOME!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By nightriff

Played it recently on easy just to finally beat it, totally playable and basically does everything for you so you see all the cool moves. Normal it doesn't if I remember correctly.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@Raven10 said:

It's hard but what you should be worried about is the crappy PS3 version. If you have a 360 do yourself a big favor and get that version. The PS3 version was butchered. It is no harder than God of War 3 I think. Requires a lot more precise timing though.

If you have the choice between the two definitely the 360 version but the PS3 one isn't butchered. If it's all one has it's not gonna really bother them all that much.

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By NinjaHunter

The PS3 version is fine as long as you install the game. I don't believe it installs automatically when you first put the game in so make sure to do that if you end up getting it.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MegaLombax

I didn't find Bayonetta crazy hard, but it definitely was harder than God of War. But the controls are a lot better in Bayonetta I think, so it makes for a better experience. I personally enjoyed the dodging mechanics in Bayonetta, which rewarded patience and precision. In that sense it differentiated itself from the other 3rd person action games out there.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi

@avidwriter: There is literally a mode where you can mash one button and she will do all the combos for you if you really want to make it THAT easy. The game can scale to be whatever you want it to.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By avidwriter

@Demoskinos said:

@avidwriter: There is literally a mode where you can mash one button and she will do all the combos for you if you really want to make it THAT easy. The game can scale to be whatever you want it to.

Well no I don't think I need it to be *that* easy. As long as easy mode is actually easy and beatable I'm good. I only have a PS3 so 360 isn't an option.

@everyone : Thank!

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By Flappy

As a person that was always so-so at DMC-esque games, I was able to S-Rank the game with relative ease.  Infinite Climax (the highest difficulty setting?) mode wasn't that bad, but like most games of this genre, a little practice goes a long way.  Just do whatever you can to enjoy this wonderful gem.

Rasmoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rasmoss

I'm usually pretty bad at that kind of games, and I finished it. Just remember: Dodge offset! It's a must!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Fredchuckdave

PS3 version was patched so its fine now. Ultimately you can make Bayonetta really easy if you buy enough lollipops; doesn't even matter what difficulty you're playing on. It's basically DMC but much smoother and intuitive feeling and with fantastic art design alongside a whole bunch of weirdness, there's elements of the game that can be extremely challenging when you first approach them and other elements that are ridiculously difficult unless you cheese them but they're all pretty much optional. Grace and Glory is probably the only enemy that will give you fits on normal until you get used to them, or used to using the Shuraba/Durga charge attacks.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By mordukai

@believer258 said:

Everyone hates the hell level in God of War 1. If you don't... well, good for you, but I've never heard of anyone not thinking it was a bad part of a good game.

I really didn't mind the Hades level of GoW1. The only problem was climbing up those damn blade pillars.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By avidwriter

@mordukai said:

@believer258 said:

I really didn't mind the Hades level of GoW1. The only problem was climbing up those damn blade pillars.

That was the whole issue I had with that damn level.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By mordukai

@avidwriter said:

@mordukai said:

@believer258 said:

That was the whole issue I had with that damn level.

I'm still not gonna condemned an entire level for one annoying feature.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

You know maybe I'm in the minority here, but I didn't think it was that hard. I sure played a lot of Bayonetta, but I don't think I'm that good at video games, and I'm definitely not one for really high difficulty stuff, but I managed to beat Bayonetta on it's hardest difficulty. Even if you have to play on a lower difficulty, I doubt you'd have too much of a struggle tackling that game.

avidwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By avidwriter

Thanks again everyone, I'll definitely be looking for it on the cheap then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.