Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

Bayonetta released on PC!

• 104 results
    hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By hassun

Original post:

Together with the April Fools-ish (re-)release of 8-bit Bayonetta on Steam today (http://store.steampowered.com/app/567090/) there have also been hints at further developments for the franchise. (http://www.sega.com/14111219)

Could we finally be getting a PC version of Bayonetta 1? Considering that Bayonetta 2 only happened because of Nintendo I don't expect that game to grace any other platforms anytime soon/ever but the first game should be fair game no?

The background image on the Sega page also appears to be from Bayonetta 1 at least.

UPDATE:

The game is now out on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/460790/

Port report by Durante: http://www.pcgamer.com/bayonetta-pc-port-analysis-durantes-verdict/

Port analysis by Digital Foundry:

Interview with Platinum: http://www.pcgamer.com/bayonetta-is-out-now-on-pc-we-spoke-to-platinum-about-making-it-happen/

Sega has also decided to give the port the attention it deserves with a video series about the game's development:

We in there!

No Caption Provided

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Heh, didn't even know about that 8-bit game at all. OK April Fools, I'll let you have this one.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is not 8-bit. Color depth alone suggests at least 16-bit.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

That is not 8-bit. Color depth alone suggests at least 16-bit.

Not to mention that 8-bit games didn't have full-blown smoothing filters and jpeg compression =/

No Caption Provided

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By UlquioKani

How well did Bayonetta 2 do in terms of sales? I'd like it to be a third game but that doesn't seem likely. I'd more than happily take a PC port of either of the first two games though.

I hope this isn't all an April Fools day joke. That would be kinda shitty.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VGChartz has Bayonetta 2 sales at 0.8m. The 24th best-selling Wii U game behind Wii Fit U.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The optimist in me wants to say that Sega knows the minor digital riot that will happen if this isn't what everyone already thinks it is.

First Bayonetta, next Vanquish!

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this is true, i hope with everything in my heart that this is true.
    I hope that Bayonetta 2 isn't tied up with Nintendo as much as it seems, i'll take a version of that game where they simply and hastily cut the Nintendo references, i'll take it, please, i don't want a Wii U.

I want to play the first game again so bad :(.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1d502761653
    deactivated-5d1d502761653

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please Sega, don't break my heart and make it happen!

Skullbuggery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been thinking of getting a Wii U lately for BOTW and Bayonetta 2, will hang on until this timer ends at least.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By geirr

That's like 32bit at the last; also Bayonetta on PC would be rad. I never got to play 2.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

At this point it would be better if they released the "Bayonetta Collection" with both games included. I realize they probably wouldn't cause they'd be wary of investing money into two ports at once that only a small section of hardcore fans would buy but man I'd really like to play Bayonetta 2 - I really wish they released that game.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They can't port Bayonetta 2 away from Nintendo platforms. It's like Sony and Demon's Souls/Bloodborne. They funded it, so it's not gonna happen.

Bayonetta 1, on the other hand...

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The optimist in me wants to say that Sega knows the minor digital riot that will happen if this isn't what everyone already thinks it is.

First Bayonetta, next Vanquish!

It must be a war crime in select countries for Vanquish to be stuck on the PS3 at 30 fps. I've been waiting for years.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i remember this bayonetta game being their aprils fool joke a long time ago

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How well did Bayonetta 2 do in terms of sales? I'd like it to be a third game but that doesn't seem likely. I'd more than happily take a PC port of either of the first two games though.

I hope this isn't all an April Fools day joke. That would be kinda shitty.

It was a third party exclusive on a nintendo platform, so without any actual knowledge i will say that it probably didn't do well...

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By Atwa

Considering Nintendo owns Bayonetta 2, this is very likely only the first game. But even just that is cool.

euantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By euantor

Never played either Bayonetta game, but I've only ever heard good things. If the first was indeed PC bound, it'd be a must buy for me.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I'm waiting for an Asuras wrath sequel and or rerelease on PC

Waiting patiently

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By ArtisanBreads

2 is the one I really want to try. I played the first game and it plays well but I don't enjoy much else about it. Even visually, it had interest spectacle but I don't like the design of just about anything, at the same time.

I always wanted to see how 2 was though.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@nightriff: While you do that, I'll wait over here for Sega to release the sequel to Skies of Arcadia.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: I haven't played it either but if you didn't like the aesthetics of whatnot of the first game then I dunno if the second will change your mind since from all the footage I've seen it's true to the original in style and tone.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#26  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Panzer Dragoon Saga or bust.

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhotchilimist said:

They can't port Bayonetta 2 away from Nintendo platforms. It's like Sony and Demon's Souls/Bloodborne. They funded it, so it's not gonna happen.

Yeah, just like Segas other Wii U exclusive: Sonic Lost World. Oh wait.. http://store.steampowered.com/app/329440/

Nintendo pulled Wii U of shelves, they don't care about owning Bayonetta 2 anymore and it did not even fit their catalog in the first place. I'm sure they would let Sega get the rights to publish on PC for next to nothing.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I keep seeing everyone say it's a rumored PC port, but I feel like it's more likely a Switch port of 2 (and maybe 1 also)?

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Redhotchilimist

@expensiveham: There's a difference between actually funding something(Like Nintendo and Bayonetta 2) and someone else making an "exclusive" for your console(Like Capcom and Resident Evil 4, who just go where to money is and ported that game everywhere). I have no idea where you're getting that hopefulness from, or why you're so sure Nintendo will give up the rights to the game they paid for. Sega had nothing to do with Bayonetta 2 at all. It's literally Nintendo going "We need an exclusive, let us pay you to make it for us, because Sega sure isn't gonna pay you". When have they ever in their history done that and then released the game on PC?

If anything, I'd expect a Nintendo Switch version of the Bayonetta games. I'd even hope that they brought over as many games from the Wii U to the switch as possible, it's better than supposedly good games like Wonderful 101 and Xenoblade just dying on that platform.

LtGrimdark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep seeing everyone say it's a rumored PC port, but I feel like it's more likely a Switch port of 2 (and maybe 1 also)?

If it's anything Nintendo related it will be a confirmed release date for the Bayonetta amiibo ;)

Seriously though, I could see Switch ports for Bayonetta 1&2 happening. In the previous generations Nintendo has - at least initially - tried to push some games for a more, for lack of a better word, "mature" audience. Games like the Capcom Five on GC, Mad World on Wii or Bayonetta 2 and ZombiU on WiiU. Similar titles seem to be missing from the Switch line up right now. Until now I had presumed that Nintendo simply decided to focus more on their own core audience, but maybe they're just a little behind on their announcements.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NeoCalypso

@ajamafalous said:

So they advertise it by making a Steam game that has achievements specifically pointing at a countdown site? At this point there is pretty much no chance this isn't something PC related.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bayonetta 1 on steam would be great. Everything seems to point that way. The URL on the countdown site has the numbers 1411 12 19, Bayonetta's birthday. And there's also a shot of her gunheels hidden on that site. Better late than never.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I watched this countdown just finish, but nothing seems to have happened. NEAT!

AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar said:

So I watched this countdown just finish, but nothing seems to have happened. NEAT!

We figured out in the discord that the timer is tied to your system clock for whatever reason. So the reveal will happen at 4pm 11/4/17...somewhere.

Zippedbinders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@redhotchilimist said:

Yeah, just like Segas other Wii U exclusive: Sonic Lost World. Oh wait.. http://store.steampowered.com/app/329440/

Nintendo pulled Wii U of shelves, they don't care about owning Bayonetta 2 anymore and it did not even fit their catalog in the first place. I'm sure they would let Sega get the rights to publish on PC for next to nothing.

Nintendo literally paid for the development of the game. They own publishing and distribution rights for Bayo 2. Hideki Kamiya himself told people to take it up with Nintendo regarding it going to non Nintendo systems, adding "You might as well ask for Zelda or Mario too"

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@damodar: And it seems like that have fixed that particular issue. 6 hours and 7 minutes to go from this post.

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hmoney001

It's happening isn't it?

No Caption Provided

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sure looks like a picture of Hideki Kamiya playing Bayonetta while wearing Nvidia 3D Vision glasses.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@expensiveham: This is Nintendo we are talking about, sitting on licences without doing anything decent in the hopes of reseling it years later for nostalgia's sake is what they do best. You might as well ask for Donkey Kong Country (another game not developed by Nintendo running on a console they discontinued years ago) to be ported to PC.

OT: My heart wishes that this is a PC port for Bayonetta or Bayonetta 2, but my cynical mind thinks this is a Switch port of both games.

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has to happen. It really must.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Engadget had their article release early stating it's Bayonetta PC port and surprise instant release. It has since been taken down for the time being.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of it's actually coming out today then heck I'm getting it. Sony isn't doing any cool backwards compat stuff like MS (in fact they try to nickel and dime you on this stuff constantly) so this is the best way to enjoy some Bayonetta in 2017 - probably the best character action game of the past two decades.

Skullbuggery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its out now, £14.99 in the uk.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm seeing articles online saying that Bayonetta 1 is indeed coming to PC. Today even. Except there's no Steam page for it yet that I can see.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

YES!

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'll buy this if that gets them to put Vanquish on PC as well.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Updating the OP with the new info.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.