Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bayonetta

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Oct 29, 2009

Bayonetta is a "non-stop action game" from PlatinumGames. The titular character is a witch who can use hair-based magic, as well as firearms attached to her feet, to battle fallen angels and other foes.

What Other Games Are Like Bayonetta?

AdamosX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AdamosX2

I just got done with the new Bayonetta demo you can download for the 360 on Live and it was INSANE!!

The demo left me to interpret Bayonneta as a Mind-Blowing Phenomena filled with great characteristics and abilities of past games done in a fluent and original style.

In my opinion, this game had such unique chorography, a intriguing story, and a combat structure with near perfect rhythm and variety that it truly sands in a class of is own.

This left me thinking,

What Other Games Are Like Bayonetta?

It may be a little too soon to tell due to a non-release of a full English copy, but these re my correlations based strictly on the demo.

(My mind works in a correlating way that made me think of a bunch of games that had similar story structure, chorography, and game play. Due to my correlations being a bit abstract, you can definitely tell this game is incredibly unique and original.)

The game play and the story structure gave me a God of War vibe mixed in with a lot of Final Fantasy Dissidia combo effects and magic summoning. As I continued through the demo, I also got a Guilty Gear and Blazblue pace from the characters anime appearance and abilities along with the intense speed of the fighting.    

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Devil May Cry?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

God of War?

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#4  Edited By vager

Devil May Cry. Made by the same guy I believe.
    Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Skald
    Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Brunchies

Devil May Cry series is the closet thing to Bayonetta gameplay wise.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

Devil May Cry and if you get really into these types of games try Ninja Gaiden 2

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By Icemael
    Devil May Cry and Viewtiful Joe(both of which were designed by the man behind Bayonetta). The first Devil May Cry hasn't aged very well though, so you're better off trying Devil May Cry 3 or 4(but stay the fuck away from the second game).
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZenaxPure

Well I just got done playing the demo and the game is seriously Devil May Cry except with the lady. Seriously though they have so many things in common it is kind of scary, Saying the name of the game on the title screen, the way items/icons kind of "twirl" to the center of the screen when you pick something up, the fixed/weird camera angles on some areas you are running, how the text displays itself when you inspect something.  

I honestly thought I was playing a DMC game during that demo. Minus the part where I didn't immediately die when I tried to fight more than one enemy at a time. Actually I never died and got a lot of those "platinum medal" things. Granted I had it on easy. 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By JJOR64

Like what everyone else is saying, give Devil May Cry a shot.  I say try DMC 3 because I personally think it's the best one in the series.  If you don't have a PS2, then DMC 4 is the game to check out then.

ljgpliskin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By ljgpliskin92

GOD HAND yeaaa

hardcorebunnni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By hardcorebunnni

You should check out the Devil May Cry and the Viewtiful Joe series which were made by the same dev. Then if you want to try other hack n' slashers you have God Hand, God of War or Ninja Gaiden 1&2.
    spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By spankingaddict

God of War is the best out of this genre, i believe!

ADTR_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By ADTR_ZERO
    @spankingaddict:
    But it's not like Bayonetta. It's alot of button mashing hack 'n' slash. Bayonetta is really a unique game.
    Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Teran

Amnesia after a 500 year coma isn't what I'd call an "intriguing" story... don't think it'll win any video game oscars with that premise, but the story looks like it'll be about as crazy and fun as the rest of the game. 

I don't really play games in this genre very often... it feels a bit like Ninja Gaiden but all these games play at their own pace and focus on their own things. Ninja Gaiden (the old xbox version) put a huge emphasis on skilled, precise play and is one of the most difficult games I've ever played and beaten.  Bayonetta seems to be a bit more about a wild ride and a fun experience in general without being brutally unforgiving as Ninja Gaiden was even on the "normal" (lowest) difficulty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.