Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beer

Object » linked to 188 games

Beer is an alcoholic beverage made from water, barley, hops and brewer's yeast. It is the number one cause of hangovers, poor decisions, and one-night stands in human history, but we always manage to forgive it because it loves us.

Beer Festivals

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

This weeks it's the Great British Beer Festival are Earls Court in London, and I'll be going there tomorrow. There will be over 600 different beers there, and a tonne of ciders too, and as with every year, I'll be drinking a lot of them. It's the best day of the year. It's fantastic. Tonnes of great beers.

So, I was wondering, have you guys been to any beer festivals, and what are your experiences with them?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

Never been, but I have been severely drunk in Earls Court before, during other shows. Plastic beer glasses are deceptive somehow.  Busy this weekend :(

The ECTS show used to be there, I went twice and played some cool games I recall. I remember playing ZooL for the first time there, that memory sticks out strangely, Oh yea,, I remember now, I was given a shit load of merchandise for the game, loads of cuts of that little ninja dude/insect. ZooL obviously wasn't one of the good games. 

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By ZombiePie  Staff

Well I'm American but let's just say that my dad makes his own moonshine, and he takes his brew serious. He's submitted his stuff to all sorts of county fairs with various levels of success.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Gav47

I'd love to go to that, you can get really sick of the the same old Draught beers that thy serve in pubs, the closest thing to a beer festival that I've been to was a speciality bar. They served Erdinger (probably spelled wrong) in 1 litre glasses. 
    Do you have to pay full price for the beers or does the admission give you a discount?

Edit: Bam, there it is...

No Caption Provided
    erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By erinfizz

600? That's quite the beer festival. I have been to a couple in Atlanta...but never anything on that scale. I also would LOVE it ciders were more widely available here, festival or not.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By super_machine

Never been to one. But I can share with you my all time favorite beer. Its some real world class stuff. Hitachino Nest, White ale. This is a Belgian style ale brewed by a small Japanese brewery. Its hard to find and expensive as hell, but damn good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.