Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beer

Object » linked to 188 games

Beer is an alcoholic beverage made from water, barley, hops and brewer's yeast. It is the number one cause of hangovers, poor decisions, and one-night stands in human history, but we always manage to forgive it because it loves us.

Responsibeerity

Cerogravian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cerogravian

When/If/Now that you have/get/adopt/steal kids of your own, how will you handle the beer-question with them?
    Do you think you'll be following regulations and not let them have a drop until they have reached the legal age for your country, our will you indulge/proactively traumatise them before that?

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By CaptainObvious

HAH! What a zinger! 

knas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By knas

I'm from Denmark. Kids drink when they're 12. That's just how it is.

DEllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By DEllen

I'll do what my dad did with me, and let them take a few beers when they go out to parties after they turn 16. That probably won't be the first time they would have some alcohol but I'd prefer to give them something rather than them get in trouble trying to buy illegally.

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By shotaro

Proactive traumatisation worked for me, I was 12 when my family offered me a drink, I was 30 seconds older when it was spat into the sink.

Port is horrid!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The key is to teach them young that alcohol is fine as long as they drink it responsibly. I've been drinking since I was about 6 years old. When I was very young it was just a very very very weak shandy, or very very very weak wine & lemonade. And that gradually increased as I got older until I was in my mid teens and I was drinking as much as the rest of my family. And it taught me well. I drink quite a lot, but I don't go out getting into fights & stuff like that. I drink responsibly.

Oh, and I should point out that in the UK all the events I described there are completely legal. It's legal to give kids over 5 years old alcohol - as long as it's on a private residence and they are accompanied by their parents.

dvaeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By dvaeg

My kids know that I have a beer from time to time, but I never let them see me drink more than one in a single sitting, and when I know I'll be drinking, I let my wife run interference so they don't see me inebriated.

That said, I let me son smell my beer, and he's shown zero interest in knowing what it tastes like. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.