Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bethesda Softworks

Company »

Bethesda Softworks is an American publisher responsible for franchises like The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, and more. Previously a part of Zenimax Media, Bethesda was purchased by Microsoft in September 2020.

Any more Bethesda DEVELOPED games in the future

Newtime1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Newtime1

I've noticed that Bethesda is publishing a fair amount of games (most seem pretty bad). Does anybody know if they are still going to continue to develop games and if so is there any news on their next project?
    also what do you think about them becoming a publisher.
    personally i'd rather they just focused on making games but that's just me.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By ArcBorealis

I'm personally fine with them doing both. Maybe publish some better games than ones like Wet or Rogue Warrior, but so long as they're still working on their own games I'm fine.  

So they'd better hurry up with Elder Scrolls V.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Elder Scrolls V. 

Fallout 4. 

Elder Scrolls VI. 

Fallout 5. 

See where this is going? 

@Alaska_Gamer: As a company that is JUST STARTING as a publisher, they were at least able to get a game like Wet...which wasn't terrible, but wasn't great.  It was average. 

Meanwhile, they have Brink and Fallout: New Vegas coming...and I think that'll be the star power they need in order to really break into the market and attract some real attention.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By raviolisumo

I know the Oblivion team is working on something, but I believe that's all that's known for now.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

As long as they do not screw people over with very badly made DLC (IE buggy as hell) Then let them do both..just...no more Rogue warrior like games...that's gonna stick to them for a nice wile.

JQuizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JQuizzle

im kinda with Alaska on this on as long as i get my Great Elder Scroll and Fallout games i couldn't care less on what else they do....

Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Organicalistic_
    @jakob187: you forgot about fallout pv13, and fallout 6, 7, 8, 9, and 12
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Jeust
    @Alaska_Gamer said:
    "

I'm personally fine with them doing both. Maybe publish some better games than ones like Wet or Rogue Warrior, but so long as they're still working on their own games I'm fine.  

So they'd better hurry up with Elder Scrolls V.

"
    hey wet might not be a GOTY but was still a good game. 
    Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Mmmslash

I would like to see an IP over than Elder Scrolls and Fallout, but that's probably just me.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Fallout is a ok game at BEST... Bethesda sucks, people play fallout and have fun day dreaming of possible shit that can happen.. but the game itself is boring and pretty wack... Elder Scrolls also sucks, both game live through hopes and dreams of its players who like to be like "Hey look my dude looks cool!"

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " Fallout is a ok game at BEST... Bethesda sucks, people play fallout and have fun day dreaming of possible shit that can happen.. but the game itself is boring and pretty wack... Elder Scrolls also sucks, both game live through hopes and dreams of its players who like to be like "Hey look my dude looks cool!" "
    It's more like "Hey that looks cool over there" And exploration. I don't like Elder Scrolls because I don't like fantasy but can get down on some Fallout 3. Played about 150 hours since its launch and that game is still amazing. You may not like it but that does not mean the game sucks.
    DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @W0lfbl1tzers said:
    " @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " Fallout is a ok game at BEST... Bethesda sucks, people play fallout and have fun day dreaming of possible shit that can happen.. but the game itself is boring and pretty wack... Elder Scrolls also sucks, both game live through hopes and dreams of its players who like to be like "Hey look my dude looks cool!" "
    It's more like "Hey that looks cool over there" And exploration. I don't like Elder Scrolls because I don't like fantasy but can get down on some Fallout 3. Played about 150 hours since its launch and that game is still amazing. You may not like it but that does not mean the game sucks. "
    Explore the empty landscape for boxes for cigarettes? Or to talk to the robotic moving people?
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By TheHT
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    lol nothing 'random' happened to you when just exploring in either game? i think you're doing it wrong.
    Avatar image for buttonsmcboomboom
    ButtonsMcBoomBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd expect some kind of announcement at E3, even if it's one of those drunken developer leaks of "YEAH, WE HAVE SWORDS IN NEW ELDER SCROLLS GAME!".

I agree that the worlds of the last elder scrolls and fallout games can feel rather static, but slaughtering an entire town was always the fun part... of both those games.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By FreakAche

I imagine they've been working on The Elder Scrolls 5 for a while now. Hopefully it'll be on a new engine, so it should take a while.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @TheHT said:
    " @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    lol nothing 'random' happened to you when just exploring in either game? i think you're doing it wrong. "
    you mean a random NPC running into me and tried to kill me? wow like I said the game is OK at BEST.... not great in anyway...
    FireSketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By FireSketch
    @DuhQbnSiLo:  Ever played the Dark Brotherhood quests in Oblivion? They're some of the best designed quests I've ever played.
    FireSketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By FireSketch
    @FreakAche: Oh god, we can only hope!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.