Follow

Bethesda Softworks

Company »

Bethesda Softworks is an American publisher responsible for franchises like The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Doom, and more. Previously a part of Zenimax Media, Bethesda was purchased by Microsoft in September 2020.

Bethesda is hosting a E3 conference this year

• 103 results
    AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AMyggen

We’re hosting our first-ever E3 Showcase in Hollywood, CA on June 14th and we’ve saved some seats just for you, our fans. Feel like a celebrity by attending our most exciting event yet, live and in-person! Keep an eye out – in the coming months we’ll be sharing details on how you can register to attend.

Can’t make it out to LA to join us? Don’t worry, we have you covered. On Twitch.TV/Bethesda (Follow here), you’ll be able to tune in on 6/14 and watch every moment live!

http://www.bethblog.com/

People are gonna riot if Fallout 4 isn't revealed at this thing.

hammondoftexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By hammondoftexas

FALLOUT 4! FUCK YES!

@amyggen I was just about to make a post about this but you beat me to it ;)

If they are having their own press conference type thing I imagine both Bethesda the publisher and Bethesda Game Studios will be showing things. Dishonored 2, Doom, Fallout 4, etc.

Avatar image for dancinginfernal
    dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird. I mean I'm happy to see what they've been working on and all, but it's just kinda...

Weird.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Corevi

I'm betting that Dishonored 2 and Doom 4 will be part of the conference as well as a new game by the Wolfenstein guys. Crossing my fingers for a resurrected Prey 2.

I'll only care about a Fallout 4 if they have Chris Avellone writing it. The difference in quality between Fallout 3 and New Vegas when it comes to dialogue, quests and choices is insane.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WET

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By rethla

Oh nice they are looking to fill a few rows with people that can scream and applaud to everything they say at their pressevent.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope GiantBomb and it's panel of experts are on deck to comment on it live

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell- it's about war never changin'!

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

Oh nice they are looking to fill a few rows with people that can scream and applaud to everything they say at their pressevent.

Who cares? People get excited by stuff they're interested in. Yeah it is dumb and weird, but whatever. It isn't hurting anybody.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm all for cheering and applauding.

Most everything in video games seem to be jaded and snarky reactions, some enthusiasm never hurt anyone.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

Who cares? People get excited by stuff they're interested in. Yeah it is dumb and weird, but whatever. It isn't hurting anybody.

Also Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo already do exactly that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
    deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, I wonder how much stuff is getting worked on under that label right now. Presumably we'll see whatever BGS is working on(which is probably Fallout 4, as much as I wish that wasn't true), Arkane's next thing(please, dear god, let that be Dishonored 2), Doom 4, Battlecry, and maybe some ESO stuff? That's not a bad lineup at all, but if they're holding a big show they have to have more than that. It's probably too early to talk about whatever Tango Gameworks and MachineGames are working on, and I can't think of any more Zenimax owned studios unless they've made some stealth acquisitions. Maybe they're getting back into publishing games from non Zenimax studios?

I don't know. This is a weird thing but if they have the content to fill a show, that's fantastic.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rethla

@rafaelfc: Yeh but its a press event and they get some crazy maniacs in there just so they can have some response from the public. Its not unlike Qatar flying in 1000spanish fans to fill up the otherwise empty grandstands of the Handball world cup that they procured for their own pleasure. Its silly.

@corevi: Ofc they do

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Finally.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silly is good!

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not gonna get my hopes up just yet. But this is very curious...

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Just give me another game set in the Dishonored universe. There's so much you could do with that fiction.

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would do anything for a Fallout 4 announcement. Anything.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't fuck this up Ubisoft! Uhh...wait..sorry, wrong company. Force of habit as of late...

Don't fuck this up Bethesda!

DeathByWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

As long as a new Fallout is announced, I'll be happy. Been way too long without any news on that.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MEATBALL

I think if Dishonored 2 were announced I'd be more hyped for that than Fallout 4. This is awesome news, though, Bethesda bringing the thunder this year.

As for fans being in the attendance and cheering and such, I totally get why people there to do their jobs wouldn't like it - particularly if they were to see it from their colleagues - but as a consumer watching this stuff I love watching E3 press conferences to revel in the hype, if something awesome gets announced seeing it get a pop just adds to the enjoyment. So I'm all for fans being in attendance. It's nice to be excited about games.

@corevi I think my dream scenario for a Prey 2 resurrection would be Machinegames working on it.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@corevi said:

I'm betting that Dishonored 2 and Doom 4 will be part of the conference as well as a new game by the Wolfenstein guys. Crossing my fingers for a resurrected Prey 2.

I'll only care about a Fallout 4 if they have Chris Avellone writing it. The difference in quality between Fallout 3 and New Vegas when it come to dialogue, quests and choices is insane.

Honestly I hope they give Prey 2 to the Wolfenstein guys

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosdl said:

@corevi said:

I'll only care about a Fallout 4 if they have Chris Avellone writing it. The difference in quality between Fallout 3 and New Vegas when it come to dialogue, quests and choices is insane.

High five!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost anything Bethesda could announce/show has me excited. They have such a great stable of IPs right now.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosdl said:

@corevi said:

That would be perfect. It would be even better if it wasn't Prey 2 anymore but just Space Bounty Hunter Adventures.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Doom 4, Rogue Warrior 2 Motherfucker, Wolfenstein The Newer Order, and of course Fallout 4

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's right everyone sequels to your favorite Bethesda games... Wet 2, Velvet Assassin 2, Rogue Warrior 2, Hunted: Demon's Forge 2 and Speed Zone 2.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually super excited for E3 this year. I got a feeling it's gonna be rad

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wet 2: Moister

crow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys got it all wrong, they're going to announce the date for The Elder Scrolls Online for Ps4 and Xbox One and talk about a new exciting expansion for 20 mins. Lol jk it's probably Fallout 4 and Doom.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All that hype for a game that is going to run on the archaic GameBryo engine again. When will people learn?

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HH

it's four years since Skyrim this year, it was five total between that and oblivion, and although the ES releases have been taking longer each time maybe with the huge success of the last one they don't want to leave it too long to announce the next one? i mean can anyone say for sure whether fallout 4's apparent delay would affect that either way?

@trafalgarlaw said:

All that hype for a game that is going to run on the archaic GameBryo engine again. When will people learn?

aha, it's gotta be fallout 4 showcasing a new engine

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@gorillamopena said:

WET

I loved WET so that announcement would actually be amazing for me...and like 4 1/2 other people.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

I hope GiantBomb and it's panel of experts are on deck to comment on it live

It being on a Sunday might complicate things a bit?

UnInvincible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, I wonder how much stuff is getting worked on under that label right now. Presumably we'll see whatever BGS is working on(which is probably Fallout 4, as much as I wish that wasn't true), Arkane's next thing(please, dear god, let that be Dishonored 2), Doom 4, Battlecry, and maybe some ESO stuff? That's not a bad lineup at all, but if they're holding a big show they have to have more than that. It's probably too early to talk about whatever Tango Gameworks and MachineGames are working on, and I can't think of any more Zenimax owned studios unless they've made some stealth acquisitions. Maybe they're getting back into publishing games from non Zenimax studios?

I don't know. This is a weird thing but if they have the content to fill a show, that's fantastic.

All of that is already more than what EA showed at the last E3, so they've got that going for them.

neutralhere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who gives a shit? Oh no the engine is really old, those hundreds of hours I spent having fun in FO3/NV and Skyrim must have really upset you.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better Call Saul opened last night with a song by The Ink Spots. Now this. The time has come. Ron Perlman is starting to dust off his line.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neutralhere: I'm talking about how the last time Skyrim was hyped to feature a new game engine and it turned out to be a slightly modified GameBryo engine again. People were lied to. I'd be down for Fallout 4 only if they put some effort into creating a new engine that does not feature decade old (game-breaking) bugs.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Corevi
    @babychoochoo said:
    @gorillamopena said:

WET

I loved WET so that announcement would actually be amazing for me...and like 4 1/2 other people.

I don't love WET as it has a ton of problems but if given to a good developer with a proper budget, a sequel could be really cool.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amyggen said:

We’re hosting our first-ever E3 Showcase in Hollywood, CA on June 14th and we’ve saved some seats just for you, our fans. Feel like a celebrity by attending our most exciting event yet, live and in-person! Keep an eye out – in the coming months we’ll be sharing details on how you can register to attend.

Can’t make it out to LA to join us? Don’t worry, we have you covered. On Twitch.TV/Bethesda (Follow here), you’ll be able to tune in on 6/14 and watch every moment live!

http://www.bethblog.com/

People are gonna riot if Fallout 4 isn't revealed at this thing.

Fallout 4 or bust

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Announcement predictions: they are dropping all IP's, moving into the F2P mobile market and re-releasing The Evil Within: No Black Bars Edition!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bethesda has so many good IPs. To the time machine!

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45  Edited By vaiz

@jakob187: You plucked the words from my mouth and made them your own. Fallout 4 would be cool but seriously just give me doom already I'm dying over here.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By InternetDotCom

Bethesda presents Half-Life 3

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

Even with all their good IPs, I can't see them doing this if they aren't at least armed with a short Fallout 4 teaser and a vague announcement of "Coming 2016" or whatever.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 61

Oh gee golly I wonder if a certain sequel to an open-world game will be announced at this press conference. Also Dishonored 2. Give it to me.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@corevi said:

I'll only care about a Fallout 4 if they have Chris Avellone writing it. The difference in quality between Fallout 3 and New Vegas when it comes to dialogue, quests and choices is insane.

Preach it, brother.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Skyrim 2??

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.