Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is a prequel that supposedly casts the player as an up-and-coming space pirate in an era when Humans are first creating animal-Human hybrids to serve as slave labor. The game is also known for constantly being delayed and in development hell.

Rayman Origins sales will help Beyond Good & Evil 2 (Article)

Hass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hass

Success will Pey'j wages at Ancel studio.

The success of cel-shaded adventure Rayman Origins could help the long-awaited Beyond Good & Evil sequel see light of day.

Ubisoft designer Michel Ancel, creator of both franchises, will get "more leeway" should Origins perform well at retail, the company's sales exec Tony Key told Industry Gamers.

"Ultimately, Rayman is [Ancel's] original creation, and if all the people that love Beyond Good & Evil understand he is more than a one trick pony...

and that if Rayman: Origins does well, it gives him more leeway for other opportunities because he has to build up his studio," Key said.

Like Rayman, Beyond Good & Evil has a "whimsical style", Key said, while including gameplay that appeals to both children and adults.

Meanwhile, the downloadable version of Beyond Good & Evil released this year for PSN and XBLA is "doing very well", Key added.

"There are a lot of people coming back, and if they choose to do a sequel the audience is bigger than before."

Originally planned as a trilogy, Beyond Good & Evil 2 has repeatedly been promised, although

Ancel stated in June that the project might be too ambitious for the current generation of consoles.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-11-rayman-origins-sales-will-help-beyond-good-and-evil-2

----------------------------------

I don't like the implication of this. It has a taste of Ubisoft blackmailing their customers.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By onan

BS. Sales of Rayman Origins will only lead to more Rayman Origins, just like the success of another Michel Ancel game, Raving Rabbids, led to about a billion Rabbid games instead of more BG&E.

The only product anyone could possibly buy that would push Ubisoft toward putting money into a BG&E sequel would be the BG&E HD remake.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
    James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By James_ex_machina

I'm enjoying Rayman but the only reason I picked it up was because TRU had it for $20 last month. A newer game dropping to $20 is normally a sign that the game isn't selling. Haven't seen sales numbers but I hope it sells well.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By killacam

cel-shaded?

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By buft

@James_ex_machina said:

I'm enjoying Rayman but the only reason I picked it up was because TRU had it for $20 last month. A newer game dropping to $20 is normally a sign that the game isn't selling. Haven't seen sales numbers but I hope it sells well.

same here, low cost after 2 weeks is a bad sign for sales. i picked it up for £20 18 days after launch

RoyCampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RoyCampbell

"Rayman Origins sales will help Beyond Good & Evil 2"

welp

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@James_ex_machina said:

Yeah, its a great game, but Its hard to pay 60 bucks for a plateformer... I wish games were cheaper.

But I so badly hope that this will help. I would definetely pay full price to see another Beyond Good and Evil. And I am guessing Ubisoft has plenty of money laying around from Assassins creed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.