Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Beyond Good & Evil

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 11, 2003

The story of a young, curious, and green-loving photojournalist named Jade, out to unravel an alien conspiracy on her home planet of Hillys.

Beyond Good and Evil Pearl Control

BlackRedGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 7

I just played through Beyond Good and Evil, and at the end it got me wondering about pearls. For those who don't know, the pearls are a currency that can be collected throughout the game. Since they are illegal and powerful, pearls are hard to find and are extremely valuable. Hillys(the main setting) has a total of 88 pearls on the planet, and you collect those pearls along your journey. But the only way you can use pearls in the game is as a currency at a Jamaican-themed mechanics shop called "Mammago" to get ship upgrades to venture to new areas. By the end of the game, you would have given the rhinos running the shop 71 pearls for various upgrades. The question/ discussion I want to have is since pearls are power in this world, does that make the Mammago rhinos the most powerful people on that planet? And if so, what would they do with that power?

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They use those pearls to power their sick speaker system so they can enjoy the awesome music.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.