Nathan's telephone call (question) SPOILERS!

Icebuncle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Icebuncle

I have plaed through the game once and am working through some chapters to see different endings. The chapter that I have some questions about is the one where Nathan gets the phone call from someone telling him that his family is dead. First time playing it I thought it was a very impersonal way of notifying the next of kin. The secnd time I reacted to the amount of information he gets in that short conversation, based on what he says after. So the conversation would be something like: "Hello?" "Hello sir. I'm sorry to inform you that your family has passed away. There was a car accident. A drunk driver ended up on the wrong side of the road and crashed with your wife's car. Sorry for your loss." *Nathan hangs up*

Now, I know David Cage is a fictional writer, but what I'm wondering if this is how next of kin is notified in the US (as that is where the game is set) or France (since Cage is French)? I'm from Norway and there a very different rules of how to approach these situations here. For example, when I was a teenager my aunt, who had been a drug addict for a very long time, died of an overdose. In that situation a policeman and a priest went to my grandparents' house and notified them personally and helped them cope with the initial shock.
So did Cage just set the scene up bad or is there some truth to that situation?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I can't speak from personal experience but the "phone call notification of family death" is common in a quite a few american movies.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By jay_ray

A phone call is the way a hospital in Canada notifies next of kin.

Edit: Side note, prank calls from a hospital is loads of fun.....................

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.