This game just seems stupid..

#1 Posted by DanTheGamer32 (265 posts) -

I think this game is a bit too up it's own arse with the whole 'games are art!' thing. It's far too abstract for it's own good. That's my opinion anyway.

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8057 posts) -

So many accents! It must be art!

#3 Posted by The_Grindilow (484 posts) -

I've heard it's so arty there is nobody to play it with because nobody has bought it

#4 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1849 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

I blame the french. They stole all the accents.

Avatar image for video_game_king
#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

OK....what the hell is it?

#6 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19836 posts) -

It's almost summer.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
#7 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (2043 posts) -

I really, really hope this is just an elaborate joke because that name is just too much.

edit: okay, they're Belgian. Never mind. Still think everything about this game is horrendously pretentious.

#8 Edited by cloudymusic (1881 posts) -

Is this a Tale of Tales game?

*checks*

Yep.

#9 Posted by eroticfishcake (7857 posts) -

According to the developer page they're Belgium, hence the name. They're also the same chaps that made The Path apparently. Whatever the case that was kind of interesting so maybe this will be, who knows? Don't see the point in getting annoyed by it though.

#10 Posted by Sgtpierceface (735 posts) -

I started watching the trailer and stopped about 15 seconds in. Just not doing anything for me.

#11 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2069 posts) -

Needs more accents.

#12 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1262 posts) -
Loading Video...
#13 Posted by DanTheGamer32 (265 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

OK....what the hell is it?

dude... I DON'T EVEN KNOW! I don't think even the developers know what it is!

#15 Posted by Animasta (14903 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

According to the developer page they're Belgium, hence the name. They're also the same chaps that made The Path apparently. Whatever the case that was kind of interesting so maybe this will be, who knows? Don't see the point in getting annoyed by it though.

oh god the path.

I bought the horror themed indie pack on steam a while back. Mostly for the Void but that came with it too and the path is so fucking dumb

#16 Posted by LordAndrew (14601 posts) -
#17 Edited by granderojo (1899 posts) -

I can handle the myriad of indie arthouse platformers that get released but there is a line I'll set for indie arthouse QTE/games of this ilk. That line is polish. The game looks unpolished as shit.

#18 Posted by DanTheGamer32 (265 posts) -

@thabigred: it's like they didn't bother to texture half the game and passed it as 'art'

#19 Edited by granderojo (1899 posts) -

@DanTheGamer32 said:

@thabigred: it's like they didn't bother to texture half the game and passed it as 'art'

To be fair I bet a lot more work went into making it get to the current state that either of us are giving credit. Even with the knowledge of that I have a threshold, and it's not meeting those standards.

#20 Posted by DanTheGamer32 (265 posts) -

@thabigred said:

@DanTheGamer32 said:

To be fair I bet a lot more work went into making it get to the current state that either of use are giving it credit. Even with the knowledge of that I have a threshold, and it's not meeting those standards.

True enough. Still, for what it is, they ask for far too much money.

#21 Posted by HellknightLeon (489 posts) -

I think games like Doom are art... I can paint the world in awesome and bullet holes. No better art than that.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
#22 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2043 posts) -

ART

Loading Video...
#23 Posted by ShaggE (8396 posts) -

It's so arty, I just sprouted a scarf and the frames of my glasses thickened.

#24 Edited by Lamashtu (325 posts) -

Hey, it's a fine enough program if you approach not as a game (though you in all likelihood already know that, it bears repeating). After a long day at work or class, I'll load it up for probably 30 minutes or so, soak in the atmosphere, the sights, and the sounds, and the words. After that''s done, I'll play something else. There is no challenge, but it's a good meditative tool, and this comes from someone who enjoys a good man-shoots, role-playing, or strategy game as much as the other guy. 

In all honesty, I think it's a great "Dave" game: It's foreign, it's out there, and it can only find some modicum of acceptance from the PC gamer community

#25 Posted by BisonHero (10501 posts) -
@Lamashtu It's not medieval or Russian enough for Dave.
#26 Edited by aurahack (2539 posts) -

Wahhhh, heaven forbid someone try to make what their vision of an interesting game is.

It doesn't have to appeal to you, nor do you need to make fun of/insult/dismiss the developers for it.

#27 Posted by JasonR86 (10178 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

David Cage would agree. It's very avant garde.

#28 Edited by AssInAss (3254 posts) -

I loved The Path, but I'm not sure about this. Lots of French new wave, but then I've tried nearly every artsy game.

The idea of interactive poetry is not something crazy, there is Today I Die, a flash game that you should try out.

I'll play this eventually because this is too weird not to try, but I need to get through The Longest Journey and Dreamfall first.

#29 Posted by Example1013 (4854 posts) -
No Caption Provided
#30 Posted by Winternet (8397 posts) -

I "played" Fatale and it was surprisingly good. I hope the duders QL it at some point.

#31 Posted by Nikoran (172 posts) -

This is not a game. It is ART

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.