Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Binary Domain

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

A group of international soldiers take on an army of rogue androids in this sci-fi shooter set in 2080's Tokyo.

Dude....this game is pretty amazing.

• 75 results
    musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By musubi

Just got to the end of Chapter 5. Uh....wow this story is actually pretty damn great. I'm actually pretty stunned this game is as good as it is. Shame SEGA isn't promoting it at all.

Moody_yeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Moody_yeti

Played the demo this morning was kind of surprised.

May have to check it out.

Have you had a chance to dip into any of the MP?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

I played the demo up to taking out that big mech, but didn't like the feel of the combat at all. Is the demo pretty much how the retail version plays or are there any variations?

If not, and the story's really that great, I'll probably just read it somewhere.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ttocs

The game is really good. I went in expecting a mediocre Japanese third person shooting game and was really pleased to find something a lot better. It's funny, but in a cheesy way sometimes, and the story is really good. There is a scene where a guy finds out he is a robot for the first time and it was pretty intense. I'm really looking forward to playing more of it.

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Shun_Akiyama

I love it

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By BleedingStarX

Absolutely fantastic game, loved the story all the way through. Thought the characters were great and gameplay was more than solid. The littlest touches like the cutscenes in Japan actually being in Japanese really sold the whole experience for me. Its a shame this will get over looked and buried under the junk thats out at the moment

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By SlightConfuse

Box art is amazing

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

Still really looking forward to getting around to it one day, but for now I've got my Mass Effect 3, Silent Hill Downpour, RE: Operation Raccoon City and Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio's own Yakuza Dead Souls to fund across March. I'll get it during the lull in April.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By musubi

@Moody_yeti: I did and its a waste of time for everyone involved. The Single Player however is pretty fun. So honestly, don't know If I could suggest it to everyone at $60 unless your willing to be fine with the fact that the multiplayer modes aren't even worth touching.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By musubi

@BleedingStarX: Oh for sure. The one part late in chapter 5 was pretty great. Felt like a scene from an Uncharted game almost...

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Masha2932

The MP is run of the mill but the single player is actually pretty good. Mowing down robots and seeing them disintegrate is very satisfying. If you're thinking of buying it I'd wait for a sale since I'm sure the game will go down in price quickly.

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By BleedingStarX

I played 3 or 4 rounds of the multiplayer and can definitely say that it was terrible. Very very similar experience for me to that of the original Darkness. Enemies were dying a good 30 seconds after they should have. I remember emptying my ENTIRE amount of ammo into a guy who just kept on running, 30-40 seconds later he fell over and I was credited with the kill. The Invasion/Horde mode wasn't anything great either, game would have been fine without the inclusion of MP

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By EuanDewar

Played the demo. Was bored as fuck, if you like it then of course fair play to you but wow could I not handle that shit.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By GunstarRed

@Demoskinos: Just out of curiosity, did you have as much of a problem with the bar-QTE as I did? You only do it like three times in the game and every single time it felt a little like the confirmation came a split second after the button press. It's probably the thing I disliked most about the game. What a fantastic game.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By musubi

@GunstarRed: It wasn't a HUGE problem for me but I did fail one a couple of times.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By pweidman

Hmmm. This game is getting a ton of positive buzz from people who've played it. The demo gameplay surprised me, and it's great to hear the story is good, as I find the premise and setting interesting. Too bad the mp is a tack on.

I'll have to get after it later though w/ME3 so close. Good game for the slow down this summer I guess.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Vorbis

Really enjoyed it, favourite game this year so far. The shooting was good enough on its own but the Yakuza style character development was great. Actually cared about my squadmembers and the story was just the right amount of crazy.

Real shame barely anyone will play it.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mordukai

@Demoskinos said:

Just got to the end of Chapter 5. Uh....wow this story is actually pretty damn great. I'm actually pretty stunned this game is as good as it is. Shame SEGA isn't promoting it at all.

Which version are you playing? I wonder if the Voice Commands work on the PS3. I hear really cool things about the voice commands in this game.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By landon

I played the demo and was really impressed. I'll buy it when I get the chance. I think they do the whole Japanese game with tons of animation really well. I just like the way everyone moves and how the guns look when they shoot.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shirogane

@Mordukai said:

@Demoskinos said:

Which version are you playing? I wonder if the Voice Commands work on the PS3. I hear really cool things about the voice commands in this game.

Works on PS3, it's real gimmicky stuff, and fairly useless, so you'll probably turn it off after 5 mins or so.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mordukai

@Shirogane said:

@Mordukai said:

@Demoskinos said:

Works on PS3, it's real gimmicky stuff, and fairly useless, so you'll probably turn it off after 5 mins or so.

Thanks for the info.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By shirogane

@Mordukai said:

@Shirogane said:

@Mordukai said:

@Demoskinos said:

Thanks for the info.

No problem. To be fair though, it's not actually the voice command system that's useless, it's the command system that it feeds into that's useless. Just thought i'd clear that up.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By BoOzak

@Mordukai said:

@Demoskinos said:

Yeah I found the voice recognition faily useless I did have some unintentional laughs out of it though. Like it kept thinking I was saying "Love you!" when in fact I was saying "Fuck you!" or maby my squad was just being sarcastic or the game was trolling me I dont know...

But so far (just started chapter 4) i'm really enjoying it. It has had some downsides, like the mandatory hell that is the sewer level. (developers stop! it isnt funny anymore!) But yeah, the fact that you can pick and choose which people go where and you get unique dialog for doing so is pretty damn awesome, that and the light upgrade mechanics make this feel like more than just another generic cover based TPS.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#25  Edited By Yummylee

If there is one thing I'm not liking the look of, it's the rent-a-Shepard protagonist. He looks about as generic and plain as you could get, which is disappointing considering how practically every other character look to be rather characteristic. Does he brake out of the mould and actually turn out to be just as weird and memorable as the rest?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By musubi

@BoOzak: Dude! I loved that level. The "Zombie" type enemies they throw at you are great cause I was just mowing them down with headshot after headshot.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By musubi

@pweidman: Yeah, It will be discounted on Amazon before long. If you like stuff like I, Robot and Terminator it has similar story beats mixed with gears style cover gameplay. Good stuff!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By Deranged

@Demoskinos: Is it good? I enjoyed the demo and it felt like Gears meets Vanquish.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Agent47

@Demoskinos:Yeah story is great shame ain't nobody online.Still worth it for the campaign.Wish there was some kind of horde mode type game where you could play solo or splitscreen though.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By hwy_61

That's really good to hear OP. I'll pick it up when it hits $40.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By eroticfishcake

I'm rather intrigued now. I would probably fetch a copy if it weren't for the fact that ME3 is out soon. Hope there's a QL on this.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By musubi

@mcderby4: Yeah its pretty much that. And its great some of the bosses get pretty crazy too. Some great action scenes later on too. Surprisingly funny dialog. Only real drag is the framerate takes a nosedive in some of the larger battles.

I think I'll be officially reviewing the game for the site I write for crosstalknet.com pretty soon. Its where all my writing stuff gets posted at. =)

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33  Edited By Deranged

@Demoskinos: I'll check it out. Btw, is there any co-op?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Demoskinos said:

I'm sorry, you're not selling me on this videogame without discussing the, you know, gameplay.
    Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#35  Edited By Draugen

I've been to three different game shops now, but none have stocked it. I really wanted to play it after the demo.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Vorbis

@AhmadMetallic said:

@Demoskinos said:

I'm sorry, you're not selling me on this videogame without discussing the, you know, gameplay.

It's a very competent third person shooter, they obviously looked at western shooters and took a lot of notes, because it paid off. There's also the squad based stuff like ordering your squad members to cover you, assault, regroup and fire. They will sometimes refuse orders if you treat them like shit, but you'd have to really work at being an asshole to see that happen.

There's a good number of weapons but the protags assault rifle will probably be the only one you use, as you can upgrade it. You can also buy buffs and equip them tetris style. Can do this for all your squad members aswell, upgrading their damage, rate of fire etc. You can take 2 squadmembers at all times, they all have their own weapons and specialties, which 2 you take will totally change the game, changing cutscenes and dialogue, even further effected by your relationships with them.

Honestly, just shooting down robots is a lot of fun, limbs and armour peel off, shooting them in the legs will down them and they'll crawl at you, taking off their head will make them shoot wildly at anyone nearby.

But it's still a third person shooter, either that interests you or it doesn't.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Quarters

@Abyssfull said:

If there is one thing I'm not liking the look of, it's the rent-a-Shepard protagonist. He looks about as generic and plain as you could get, which is disappointing considering how practically every other character look to be rather characteristic. Does he brake out of the mould and actually turn out to be just as weird and memorable as the rest?

Don't know if I'd use the word "weird", but he's a likeable character, just like the rest of the Rust Crew. He's not just generic and serious all the time. He's actually not very refined, cracks jokes more, and seems more like the B Team, who comes into his own more and has his past revealed more as the game goes on. It's pretty good.

All in all, the game is WAY better than it has any right to be. A TPS developed by Japanese people about a multi-national squad, none of whom are Japanese, sounds like an absolute recipe for disaster. But, I guess I should've had more faith in the Yakuza creators. Those guys know their crap. The gameplay is tight and fun, and faster than most Western TPSes, and the story is interesting throughout with surprisingly decent voice acting. Hoping this one doesn't get overlooked, and they can make it a franchise like Yakuza. These guys are really starting to bump up on my list of developers. Curious to see what they do next.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Questionable

@Mordukai said:

@Demoskinos said:

Yes it will work with the eyetoy

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Questionable

Does the campaign have a proper ending or does it just serve to set up a sequal?

Is there any replay value? (like the scoring mechanic they had in Vanquish.)

How big is the post/campaign content? i loved the bonus stages they had in vanquish

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By cosi83

The ending is fantastic, it could go both ways. Not much replay value, it's a rental, a fuckin excellent rental

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Quarters

Yeah, ending goes both ways. Last scene before the credits, total sequel set up. Scene after the credits, actually feels like it could be a pretty complete story. Not a cliffhanger, but you could see how a sequel is possible. And it would probably be pretty rad if they did. But, it's not totally necessary.

As for replay value, you have the trust system, which affects the ending. Depending on how you treat your companions, certain characters can live or die. Considering you build trust all throughout the game, it gives it a bit of replay value.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By musubi

@Quarters: Just finished it and yeah...it seems like its pretty complete but you could easily make a story out of what happens after the credits BUT you don't NEED to so it doesn't feel like a intentional cliff-hanger. Good stuff all around.

Shun_Akiyama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Shun_Akiyama

This game does things cinematicly that makes all the uncharted games look like shit.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44  Edited By Cube

I didn't really like the demo, but I still might pick it up because everyone is saying good things.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BoOzak

@bitcloud said:

Anyone who has watched Vexille, Appleseed or Ghost in the Shell and liked that type of story with Uncharted style gameplay and squad mechanics should give it a go. The sotry and characters are pretty well written. Controls are tight and the guns do have punch to them, and the upgrade system to your own guns and personal abilities is pretty interesting. The only time it got laggy fps wise is during the spider battle, other then that is was smooth.I think I got one of the best endings, but I didn't know how many multiple endings there were. Seemed like the only way to get what I did was to keep a certain choice of party members and have some max out trust.

Faye hooks up with Dan, Bo dies protecting Faye, Cain gets hacked, Shin dies destroying the robot copies of his partner, the two cops and the rest of the party survives. Faye, Cain and Shin had max trust and everyone else had positive trust. I wish they implemented better dialogue descriptions then Good, No Way and Love You lmao.

There were multiple endings?! Mine was nothing like that lol.

Rachael died protecting Fei, Big Bo betrayed me and I hooked up with Fei. Fuck knows what happend to Cain.

I loved the game, not something i'd play through twice though, and the multiplayer was a complete waste of space. Only downside to the single player is I felt the story suffered from being too japanese... if that makes any sense. Cutscenes were cool though. (better choreographed than most big budget games)

EDIT:

Oh right Dans the main guy, got him confused with Charlie for some reason ;p Still though, Bo's betrayal felt completely out of place, wish I got your ending. I'm guessing that means Rachael didnt die?

Sorry for the spoiler overload, it's just I know nobody I know's going to play this game ;p

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Quarters

That's the ending I got, but it isn't the best. There's one more above that.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SomeDeliCook

All the praise for the story makes me excited to try this game

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TentPole

So I just got this game and can't for the life me get the voice recognition to work right.

Any tips?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.