Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Binary Domain

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 28, 2012

A group of international soldiers take on an army of rogue androids in this sci-fi shooter set in 2080's Tokyo.

So....Cain *Spoilers*

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bunnymud

Where did he go at the end? The old robot guy took him and the girl and that was the last I saw of him.

He was, by FARRRRR, my favorite character in the game.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

he comes back if you have level 4 with him and level... 3+ with everyone else I think.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By topsteer

I had a similar question so I'll just repeat what hbkdx12 said to me.

Cain only shows up if everyone in your squad (Faye, charlie, bo, Rachael and Cain [you don't have to worry about shindo or kurosawa]) has a trust levels that are in the "Very High" portion; basically they all need to have at least 3 full bars of trust. If this happens by the final showdown, Cain will come in through the roof right before the battle starts.

If you get Cain to show up, He will take the shot from the mech to save Faye in which case he along with everyone else survives.

If you don't have your whole squad at very high trust Cain will not show up thus Big Bo will always take the hit from the mech to save faye and consequently will always die regardless of how high his trust is.

If your trust with bo is too low he will carry out the betrayal in which case when you defeat him, Rachael will be the one to take the hit from the mech and die.

So best case scenario, Cain joins the party and everyone lives

Worst case scenario, You kill big bo, Rachael dies from the hit and only faye charlie and Dan survive.

Again, all credit goes to

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By bunnymud

I could have sworn I had Cain up to 4....Charlie was too low I guess. Think he was only at 3. I never use that guy in my squads.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By hbkdx12
    @bunnymud: You don't have to have cain maxed out. You have just to make sure everyone has atleast 3 full bars. 

Getting the trust booster from the guy in the slums after you beat the spider helps a great deal as well.
    Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Damn, I had everybody at three bars except for goddamn Charlie...(Poor Big Bo) I probably would have gotten enough trust if I had been more Rambo-ish with the last couple areas.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nekroskop

Lost Bo too. Always had trouble with maxing out the trust-levels. I don't know if that had anything to do with me playing on 'Survivor'difficulty or not.

SuperUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SuperUltra

So basically this game has dating sim elements in it. I didn't realize there were multiple endings until I read this thread.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hbkdx12
    @super_ultra: it's no so much multiple endings as it is just determining who's in the final cutscene
    CrimsonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By CrimsonNoir

I got the Big Bo sacrifice ending and later saw the everyone lives ending. I actually prefer the Big Bo sacrifice ending a lot more, his death scene just seemed to work so well especially with what Dan says to him after he dies.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By MachoFantastico

Been a while since I played Binary Domain but I to at the Big Bo sacrificing himself scene. I was sad that Cain seemed to entirely disappear towards the end and I feel the game never really explained to me what exactly happened.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12  Edited By veektarius

I liked Cain a lot, too bad I kept accidentally shooting CHarlie (he was only at 1.8 bars trust) I think everyone else was high enough. Still, that's not enough for me to go back and replay, I think. Loved the game, but I didn't love the gameplay so much as to want to do it again.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Hizang

@TopSteer said:

I had a similar question so I'll just repeat what hbkdx12 said to me.

Cain only shows up if everyone in your squad (Faye, charlie, bo, Rachael and Cain [you don't have to worry about shindo or kurosawa]) has a trust levels that are in the "Very High" portion; basically they all need to have at least 3 full bars of trust. If this happens by the final showdown, Cain will come in through the roof right before the battle starts.

If you get Cain to show up, He will take the shot from the mech to save Faye in which case he along with everyone else survives.

If you don't have your whole squad at very high trust Cain will not show up thus Big Bo will always take the hit from the mech to save faye and consequently will always die regardless of how high his trust is.

If your trust with bo is too low he will carry out the betrayal in which case when you defeat him, Rachael will be the one to take the hit from the mech and die.

So best case scenario, Cain joins the party and everyone lives

Worst case scenario, You kill big bo, Rachael dies from the hit and only faye charlie and Dan survive.

Again, all credit goes to

Fuck, now that I know this I will always know it's my fault Bo died. Cain was my favourite character, but I was a dick to Charlie because he was kind of a dick to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.