Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Biomutant

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released May 25, 2021

Biomutant is an open-world action RPG.

BioMutant. Am I the only one that thinks this looks good?

• 70 results
    ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ATastySlurpee

An open-world action RPG being developed by ex-Just Cause guys. There are several gameplay videos out there you can check out as well.

I think this looks really good. Thoughts?

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this looks really good too. Between this and the game Iron Galaxy are making, it reminds me of back when you used to just get these weird "AA" games on the PS2.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I think this looks really good too. Between this and the game Iron Galaxy are making, it reminds me of back when you used to just get these weird "AA" games on the PS2.

I was just going to say that his trailer reminded me a lot of what I loved about PS2 era games: quirky character action. Jak and Daxter series, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Dr. Muto, and the such.

In case you haven't seen it, OP, they released a trailer of the feature-complete gameplay. I believe this to mean that all of the mechanics and what-not are set, and they just need to polish up the animations and a few tweaks here and there. The important part about the trailer is it shows that there's going to be many different gameplay mechanics (possibly situational and recurring).

Loading Video...

LostOddity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like it could be cool. If it goes as far as you'd want it to with the mutations.

Terrible name though, just terrible . . .

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lostoddity: Yeah, it's just in that zone-of-in-between long but runs off the tongue, and short and snappy title.

Here's some actual gameplay.

Loading Video...

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tennmuerti

From the Bombcast description i kind of expected a bit more wild mutations (compared to whats in the gameplay trailer).

But a walking shooty mech is cool too.

chrispaul92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks fascinating and I'm into it.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm def down for this. With a little polish and tinkering, this could be next years sleeper hit. Is it an early '18 release or just 2018 at this point?

ImGrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bit more polish and this game looks like it can be a lot of fun

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever you start to ask the question "Am I the only one *insert inquiry here* " the answer is No 99.9% of the time.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno... it looks like a fun and original art design, but it looks like it's lacking when it comes to systems, mechanics and general gameplay stuff. In many ways it reminds me of stuff like Alice: Madness Returns or Enslaved.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I like it in theory but the gameplay doesn't look so great. I'm interested though.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Looks alright! Combat looks fluid and poppy so far. Got a real bizarre vibe to it. Totally like some random game you'd pick up at Blockbuster or in a bargain bin and have a surprisingly fun time with for what it is.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DanishingAct

That name is going to hurt sales. Looks cool though.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Humanity

The trailer looked great. The gameplay looked a bit bland. Maybe it's great but it looked just O-K from the gameplay I saw. Also I was never a huge fan of games where you play as "animals"

Now that I think of it, not to stir up a whole discussion about the meaning behind the term, but it sorta looks like a B-game.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42 said:

I dunno... it looks like a fun and original art design, but it looks like it's lacking when it comes to systems, mechanics and general gameplay stuff. In many ways it reminds me of stuff like Alice: Madness Returns or Enslaved.

This is exactly the vibe I got honestly

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like it has some interesting ideas and a cool concept. I hope they get the time to polish it up as it looked pretty rough from the gameplay trailer.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm i like the protagonist design but something looks a little off about that combat. Still a neat thing i'll keep an eye on for sure.

Narrator kinda works fine for the main events but in combat it seems real awful especially with repetition.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the pre rendered trailer a lot, but the gameplay is very lacking at the moment, there doesn't seem to be a purpose to using certain attacks and it all looks very stiff, i'm also not a fan of the BAM! TWACK! stuff and the narrator commenting on everything.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I am not keen on the narration I've seen so far, but this is a game squarely in my wheelhouse. I love this kind of game, where it feels a bit like they might be punching a bit above their weight and aiming to do more with less resources. Some beautiful moments come out of these kinds of games.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An open-world action RPG...

I dunno about everybody else, but I could do with a few less of these in the AAA space.

The gameplay just looks really shallow, which is always my problem with these games. I get sick of the combat before I'm through even one fourth of the content. It is graphically very pretty, though, and I like the comic book visual sound effects.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks neat, but from that gameplay trailer it seems like it still has a ways to go. The enemies seem like they aren't very capable, and with the various combat tech and movement abilities they're giving the player, the enemies need to be a bigger threat. I'm also not a fan of the narrator.

That being said, I really like the look of the game. The combat seems like it'll be a good time once they put more work into those enemies. Character designs like the Mork or the predator with the ball and chain/mine are pretty cool, and the world is colorful. Hopefully the mission design is more than the rote open-world stuff we've been getting for a while.

Casepb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Casepb

Reminds me of Enslaved on PS3. Looks okay. Not bad at all for an alpha build.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like Rocket Racoon.

Darknorth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Due to my personal experience as a Bio-Mutant, I'm stoked.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like a game that i would enjoy. I don't think it will be a groundbreaking 5 star game, but a solid good game.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42 said:

...but it looks like it's lacking when it comes to systems, mechanics and general gameplay stuff. In many ways it reminds me of stuff like... Enslaved.

That's a good comparison. The style of the game almost lends itself to have deeper combat mechanics than Enslaved, though hopefully. Although they said it's "feature complete," I'm hoping for a delay to expand on the combat, in some way, after the devs hopefully hear the critique of how shallow it appears at first sight.

I get a real Jak 2 vibe from it in the sense that it seems there are designated areas for specific vehicles, or tools. Of course, along with all the other things that make it comparable to the Jak series.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm keeping an eye out for it for sure. The only thing that really bothered me about the gameplay demo was the announcer constantly saying stupid stuff when in combat.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks cool but i hope the narrator voice is only for the tutorial. Or at least doesn't tell you everything to do and talk every 2 seconds.

Gameplay looks good to me, with interesting upgrades and enemy types could have a lot of depth.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By dichemstys

I really like the art style. I just stumbled upon this on Amazon.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

Looks very interesting, I really enjoy the style. The gameplay could end up either way but what's here seems compelling. The narration is pleasant - the voice more than the writing- but the comments in combat need to be massively toned down as people have mentioned. That or give me a frequency slider.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corwag: The only voice mutation is Bradley Cooper.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I believe this was at Pax West and from what I saw from others playing, it looked pretty fun.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to like this, but that gameplay footage... does not look good. I hope this is still really early, because the pre-rendered trailer had me all kinds of excited.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ripelivejam

I just like saying BioMutant.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to like this too! But that gameplay man... very muted, bland aesthetic, looked almost PS2 era as far as the combat.....i didn't see a single redeeming quality other than the concept to be honest. I dont want to be negative, but showing a game in a state so completely unfinished is worrysome, especially as most early access games i've played dont look as bad as this.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

This is out on Tuesday, anyone picking it up day one?

Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just new about it and it looks so pretty and furry!

It has been a long time since I played as nonhuman character.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40 chaser324  Moderator

It looks great. There is something about the gameplay that's giving me a very B-game vibe, but it could still be pretty cool.

Onion-Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramone: I’m moving 2 days after it comes out, planning on getting it day one to keep from going crazy. Has anyone seen or heard if there’s going to be any kind of next gen upgrade on it?

hoochli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have it since Friday and played for 2 hours. I quite like it and it reminds me somewhat of Enslaved with the overgrown ruins.

The narrator gets really annoying after some time because he has a lot to say and "translates" every discussion the characters have.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something about the UI and general presentation really turned me off from this one.

Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: its a low budget game. Made by a small team. I'm all for a weaker presentation and UI if the gameplay and level design hold up.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haz_kaj: I’m not really talking about fidelity here I mean the style they went for with the comic book panel BAMF WOMP words popping out and such. This is a highly subjective matter of taste though.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramone: Unless something pops up before Tuesday that convinces me it’s a bad idea, I am definitely going to. I “pre-ordered” so I could lock in that bonus class. This game seems chill as heck. It totally has that vibe of an early to mid aughts action game. I’m a sucker for character customization, and it looks really deep here.

noboners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It will be coming to EA Play Pro, so I'll have it that way.

I'm pretty pumped for it from a gameplay perspective. Looks to have learned a lot from BotW, in terms of sense of discovery? Plus any game that lets me customize weapons to change how they handle is usually A-OK in my book.

But as was mentioned earlier in the post, the comic book "pow" and such stuff doesn't seem to naturally fit in the videos I watched? Maybe it will be better in person though.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By CreepingDeath0

I'm interested for sure, but going to be waiting on reviews and a price drop. It looks neat but not £55 neat.

TheRealTurk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Something about the UI and general presentation really turned me off from this one.

The menu aesthetic is a little too "Fortnite" for me. I'm not sure it meshes well with the rest of the world they seem to be trying to create.

The previews I've seen all have a narrator, too. It's not necessarily a bad idea in abstract, but if the preview was anything to go by, he never really shuts up, which I could see getting old real quick.

infantpipoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 24

There is "look good", then there is "worth playing"...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.