Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bionic Commando

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 18, 2009

Bionic Commando is the follow-up to the NES classic of the same name. The game revolves around the protagonist's bionic arm used for swinging, and combat.

Team Deathmatch/CTF in Bionic Commando is BROKEN

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Read this:
    http://www.bioniccommando.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14667

If you play a RANKED team deathmatch or CTF game with a friend, you will end up on opposite teams.  I don't even know how this was allowed to pass certification.  Even worse is the fact that if you play a private game,  you are the host and you can't search for games.  You can only invite other players, and those are the only people you're able to play with. 

It's a shame, too, as the multiplayer in this game is tons of fun.  Hopefully it will be quickly fixed.  If you're not happy with team deathmatch/CTF as it currently is, I suggest you register at the official forums and let your voice be heard.  Just try not to sound too rude about it.  More flies with sugar than with vinegar, you know.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By TheHBK

I dont get you.  I dont recall many games that let you enter into ranked matches with friends, there are reasons behind that.  Seems like being on opposite teams is the best you could hope for.  Also, aren't private games for that purpose? That you host and only invite friends?  Otherwise would it not be a public game?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    TheHBK said:
    I dont get you.  I dont recall many games that let you enter into ranked matches with friends, there are ... [more]
    Halo 3, Call of Duty, GTA 4, and every other multiplayer game I can think of.  None of these games allow people to be in a party, join a TEAM deathmatch game, and be on opposite teams.   As I said in the thread on the official forum, there's a reason they call it "TEAM" deathmatch, and not "bunch of random people who just happen to be the same color as you" deathmatch.  If friends are playing a RANKED team deathmatch game on opposite teams, what is there to stop one player from repeatedly coming up to the other player and allowing him or herself to be killed?

If you're playing a TEAM game mode, anyone who you're playing with should be on the same TEAM.  How or why anyone could argue otherwise is baffling to me.
    Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Kyle

You're not supposed to be able to search for private matches. That's why they're PRIVATE.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    Kyle said:
    You're not supposed to be able to search for private matches. That's why they're PRIVATE.
    That's my point.  You can't be in a party and search for public (ranked) team games.  If you do, you don't end up on the same team.  If you are in a party with three other people and try to join a public deathmatch game, two of you will be on one team and two of you will be on the other team.  That's just wrong.

Rather than offering "private slots" and allowing you to group a team together, and then search for a match, the whole "private mode" concept prevents you from doing that.  My point is that Bionic Commando's online setup prevents players from playing team games as a team, and there's no way around it.  Even though the ranked (public) mode won't let you do it, the non-ranked (private) mode won't let you either.  You can't do it in public mode, you can't do it in private mode, you can't do it at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.