Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bionic Commando

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released 1987

Bionic Commando follows hero Rad Spencer as he fights through enemy territory to rescue fellow commando, Super Joe.

Rearming for Bionic Commando.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

Edited By jimbo_n

I´m picking up Bionic Commando this friday and from what I´ve seen over the last couple of days I´m STOKED. I´m actually way more hyped up about that game that I thought I would be. But leading up to friday its time to prepare. There are some things that needs to be done before I pick up my copy.
    First of all: watch a speedrun of the original NES game. I´ve got one on my harddrive but for the rest of you, here´s the original game in all its 8-bit glory:

--------------------------------------------------------------
    No Caption Provided
    Sadly I dont own the original NES game and I dont think I want to go through the hassle of trying to find a copy of it, otherwise I would probably try to give it a playthrough on my NES sitting on my shelf above my PS3. When that is done one needs to listen to the soundtrack to Bionic Commando ReArmed. Simon Viklund at Grin made miracles with the soundtrack to that game and created what in my opinion was some of the best music of last year. It can be bought of iTunes and I recommend that you do so right now. I´m pretty sure I´m going to give ReArmed another playthrough aswell later toight or in the days to come. That game is some of the best gaming downloadable services has seen so far.
    When friday rolls around I´m going to be READY to do some serious swingin´.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jimbo_n

I´m picking up Bionic Commando this friday and from what I´ve seen over the last couple of days I´m STOKED. I´m actually way more hyped up about that game that I thought I would be. But leading up to friday its time to prepare. There are some things that needs to be done before I pick up my copy.
    First of all: watch a speedrun of the original NES game. I´ve got one on my harddrive but for the rest of you, here´s the original game in all its 8-bit glory:

--------------------------------------------------------------
    No Caption Provided
    Sadly I dont own the original NES game and I dont think I want to go through the hassle of trying to find a copy of it, otherwise I would probably try to give it a playthrough on my NES sitting on my shelf above my PS3. When that is done one needs to listen to the soundtrack to Bionic Commando ReArmed. Simon Viklund at Grin made miracles with the soundtrack to that game and created what in my opinion was some of the best music of last year. It can be bought of iTunes and I recommend that you do so right now. I´m pretty sure I´m going to give ReArmed another playthrough aswell later toight or in the days to come. That game is some of the best gaming downloadable services has seen so far.
    When friday rolls around I´m going to be READY to do some serious swingin´.

George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By George_Hukas

I am looking to get into when it comes out. I had the original when I was little but was way too young to appreciate it for what it is.

Ready to do some swingin' here too, but got to admit I'm a little disappointed Simon Viklund wasn't brought back for the soundtrack.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.