Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

BioShock 2: First Gameplay Footage

Badam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By Badam

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Big.... Daddy? Mr Bubbles?

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Cirdain

Hell yeah

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Not bad. It's starting to look like people were freaking out over nothing, because it's looking good.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PercyChuggs

I didn't understand why people were freaking out over the game. They should have known it would use the same exact engine, and similar gameplay mechanics. Probably just nerds who whined about Ken Levine not being involved in it. 2K knows this is a potential cash cow for them, they were going to put their very best people on it.

Dirk_P_Ho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dirk_P_Ho

Meh.

THE WORST  gameplay mechanic will be rampant in this game - Keep the bitch alive.

Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Keyser_Soze
    Dirk_P_Ho said:
    "Meh.

THE WORST  gameplay mechanic will be rampant in this game - Keep the bitch alive."
    And yet somehow ICO managed to pull it off with such grace, such emotion. Truly a masterpiece, probably the most underrated game of all time.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

It, looks, Awesome!.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    Keyser_Soze said:
    "Dirk_P_Ho said:
    "Meh.

THE WORST  gameplay mechanic will be rampant in this game - Keep the bitch alive."
    And yet somehow ICO managed to pull it off with such grace, such emotion. Truly a masterpiece, probably the most underrated game of all time."
    You are joking?  People act like ICO and SoTC are the best things ever created.
    Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Keyser_Soze
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "Keyser_Soze said:
    "Dirk_P_Ho said:
    "Meh.

And yet somehow ICO managed to pull it off with such grace, such emotion. Truly a masterpiece, probably the most underrated game of all time."
    You are joking?  People act like ICO and SoTC are the best things ever created."
    Because they are. ICO sold crap and barely gets a nodding glance in best all time games lists. It's top 10 easily.
    PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PercyChuggs
    Keyser_Soze said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "Keyser_Soze said:
    "Dirk_P_Ho said:
    "Meh.

You are joking?  People act like ICO and SoTC are the best things ever created."
    Because they are. ICO sold crap and barely gets a nodding glance in best all time games lists. It's top 10 easily."
    ICO is for arthouse goons who scoff whenever someone says their favorite game is Halo or Madden.
    Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Keyser_Soze
    PercyChuggs said:
    "Keyser_Soze said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "Keyser_Soze said:
    "Dirk_P_Ho said:
    "Meh.

Because they are. ICO sold crap and barely gets a nodding glance in best all time games lists. It's top 10 easily."
    ICO is for arthouse goons who scoff whenever someone says their favorite game is Halo or Madden."
    And Halo is for fat assed ADD teenagers who think it's practice for when they finally drop out of high school and join the armed forces.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks

Team Ico games are genius, but it takes a certain gamer too appreciate them. An adequate degree of  EQ is the dividing line. Some people have none what so ever, and that's reflected in the games they like. 

Wish they had shown a touch more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keyser_Soze said:
    "PercyChuggs said:
    "Keyser_Soze said:
    "SmugDarkLoser said:
    "Keyser_Soze said:
    "Dirk_P_Ho said:
    "Meh.

ICO is for arthouse goons who scoff whenever someone says their favorite game is Halo or Madden."
    And Halo is for fat assed ADD teenagers who think it's practice for when they finally drop out of high school and join the armed forces."
    ICO is a short ass game that you should only play for a single play through. At least Halo3 has content up the ass unlike any other game out there.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By crunchUK

Hm... how does he witch form drill to gun lol i thought the drills were attached. But yeah, looks.. extremely cool. Just like the first one.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Karmum

This looks too much like the original one, but I'm not going to make any more judgments until I see more footage. Still anticipating this game.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShadowKiller

That actually looks pretty cool, Definitely preordering this.

Dirty_Harry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dirty_Harry

Looks like a Bioshock game! Good.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Pie

I dont reckon it will be as good as bioshock but i will buy it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#20  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Uhhh... it looks like Bioshock, but with dual wielding. I guess we'll see?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By toowalrus

That's cool, I mean, you had to dress like a Big Daddy in the first game. I'll gamefly this one.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#22  Edited By Forcen

Underwater gameplay!!

I hope the big sister has some decent dialog with the player, want to find out why the little sister you saved in the first game want to get back to rapture ten years later...

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Alex_V

Looks almost identical to the first game, which I suppose is to be expected, but is hardly mind-blowing. More of the same is good enough I suppose - it all depends where the story goes.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#24  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Man, I can't wait for this.  This gameplay looks good, if a bit dark for my eyes.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hamz

Definately looks like a BioShock game, which is great as the first game was beautiful. So I don't see the need for them to revamp the engine entirely just because they are making a new game. Too many developers fall into that trap of "ok new game must mean a new engine with even higher system requirements". This isn't needed as BioShock was a pretty top of the range looking game when it was released, putting Crysis to shame in some areas.

Really like the duel weapon / plasmid loadout they had going there. Kind of wonder though will I be able to go wrench + electricity all the way through this game :P

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#26  Edited By oraknabo

Those are the exact same goddamn maps from the first level!
    I hope you enter from the same place, then veer off to new locations. I'm going to be pissed if this just runs through the same areas as the first. So far it looks like it could have just been a DLC that uses most of the assets from the disc.

I liked Bioshock, but I know I wouldn't have liked it half as much without all the diaries. My biggest worry about this sequel is that it'll just be more of the same action that carries the situation of the first game forward without exposing an of the backstory the way the original did.

darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By darthzew

Looks great! I especially like how you can use plasmids and guns at the same time. I always wondered why you couldn't in the original....

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Steve_C
    oraknabo said:
    "Those are the exact same goddamn maps from the first level!I hope you enter from the same place, then veer off to new locations. I'm going to be pissed if this just runs through the same areas as the first.
    If you play as a big daddy then i wonder if the game will start with you already inside rapture as a normal human, going through the apparently irreversible big daddy conversion process (though i don't understand how you turned normal again at the end of the first game). That would be such an awesome opening.

I'm really excited about this though. They seem to have kept the same creepy atmosphere and great art direction. I hope the gunplay feels a bit better though. The drill is 2009's wrench.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crunchUK
    Steve_C said:
    "oraknabo said:
    "Those are the exact same goddamn maps from the first level!I hope you enter from the same place, then veer off to new locations. I'm going to be pissed if this just runs through the same areas as the first.
    If you play as a big daddy then i wonder if the game will start with you already inside rapture as a normal human, going through the apparently irreversible big daddy conversion process (though i don't understand how you turned normal again at the end of the first game). That would be such an awesome opening.I'm really excited about this though. They seem to have kept the same creepy atmosphere and great art direction. I hope the gunplay feels a bit better though. The drill is 2009's wrench."
    you didnt turn normal
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By suneku

damn this looked pretty cool. Can't wait to use the drill myself.

Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Eelcire

Excited! First Bioshock is one of my favorite games, and I'm not even a big FPS player. Wish I could've seen more of the little sister; evidently they're supposed to look a little different.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pause422

As I thought...no interest in Bioshock 2 whatsoever.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By BiggerBomb

Big Daddies aren't that nimble, what's up with that? He was moving as if he was in a track suit, not hundreds of pounds of equipment.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By crunchUK
    BiggerBomb said:
    "Big Daddies aren't that nimble, what's up with that? He was moving as if he was in a track suit, not hundreds of pounds of equipment."
    what are you on about? the big daddies will drills can charge you at ridiculous speed
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BiggerBomb
    crunchUK said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "Big Daddies aren't that nimble, what's up with that? He was moving as if he was in a track suit, not hundreds of pounds of equipment."
    what are you on about? the big daddies will drills can charge you at ridiculous speed"

No, the player's general movements are like any other character in any other video game.
    Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lieutenant
    Keyser_Soze said:
    "Dirk_P_Ho said:
    "Meh.

Underrated? Really? You can't go on any gaming related forum without a group of people drooling over Team ICO's work. Underrated by the mainstream though? Sure
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Lieutenant said:
    "Keyser_Soze said:
    "Dirk_P_Ho said:
    "Meh.

Underrated? Really? You can't go on any gaming related forum without a group of people drooling over Team ICO's work. Underrated by the mainstream though? Sure"

Underrated is an overrated word (c wut i did thar?1?!,) as most people seem to think the status is based on its sales. A game isn't underrated because no one knows about it, it can be underrated because those who have played it did not give it a fair/accurate assessment.
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Steve_C
    crunchUK said:
    "Steve_C said:
    "oraknabo said:
    If you play as a big daddy then i wonder if the game will start with you already inside rapture as a normal human, going through the apparently irreversible big daddy conversion process (though i don't understand how you turned normal again at the end of the first game). That would be such an awesome opening.I'm really excited about this though. They seem to have kept the same creepy atmosphere and great art direction. I hope the gunplay feels a bit better though. The drill is 2009's wrench."
    you didnt turn normal"
    In the good ending, your dude is suddenly out of the suit. link
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Eelcire
    BiggerBomb said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    what are you on about? the big daddies will drills can charge you at ridiculous speed"
    No, the player's general movements are like any other character in any other video game."
    From what I've read you're playing as the first experimental Big Daddy, so he may have been more powerful; which could be why other versions of the Big Daddy are slower, as to not be too powerful to control.
    BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BiggerBomb
    Eelcire said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    No, the player's general movements are like any other character in any other video game."
    From what I've read you're playing as the first experimental Big Daddy, so he may have been more powerful; which could be why other versions of the Big Daddy are slower, as to not be too powerful to control."

Fair enough.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kmdrkul

Looks truly awesome - screw the naysayers (if any?) who passed judgment on this game before anything substantial was released.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
    Dirk_P_Ho said:
    "Meh.

I can't watch it at work, but what handholding is there in this?
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HandsomeDead
    Eelcire said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    From what I've read you're playing as the first experimental Big Daddy, so he may have been more powerful; which could be why other versions of the Big Daddy are slower, as to not be too powerful to control."
    But doesn't that mix up when is the game set? Unless i'm missing something, or maybe it just hasn't been revealed yet, but everything looks exactly as busted as it did in the first BioShock but if you're the first Big Daddy, wouldn't that have to be years earlier?
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By crunchUK
    BiggerBomb said:
    "crunchUK said:
    "BiggerBomb said:
    Noes i was talking about bioshock 1 big daddies
    Eelcire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Eelcire

I'm guessing that before the original Big Daddy got too powerful it was deactivated. Somewhere along the Bioshock 2 storyline maybe he gets activated again? I think it would be cool if you end up playing the Big Daddy that killed Dr. Suchong.

jonjonfiveO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jonjonfiveO
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48  Edited By bwooduhs

So your probably gonna be walking around the ocean floor now?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.