Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

Spoil Minerva's Den for me please (SPOILERS)

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ventilaator

I'm never going to play Bioshock 2, much less get any DLC for it. 

But I keep hearing how unbelievably mind-blowingly brilliant Minerva's Den is, so go ahead. Tell me. Does the story turn awesome, what's awesome about it, etc?

There's no need to hold back on the spoilers, because that's exactly what I want. If you don't want that, get out of this thread now.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

The person that guides you through Minerva's Den is actually SIGMA, the Big Daddy you play as in this DLC, just through the imported personality of the supercomputer The Thinker. It was a predictable twist though one that still managed to bare some emotion with so much of his backstory gifted to you through the diaries and such. Since we learn so much about him, he's easily BioShock's best protagonist thus far, minus Infinite of course.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ventilaator
    @Abyssfull said:
    " The person that guides you through Minerva's Den is actually SIGMA, the Big Daddy you play as in this DLC, just through the imported personality of the supercomputer The Thinker. It was a predictable twist though one that still managed to bare some emotion with so much of his backstory gifted to you through the diaries and such. Since we learn so much about him, he's easily BioShock's best protagonist thus far, minus Infinite of course. "
    Solike... the "I pretended to be your friend but now I'm actually not muahhahaha" twist of System Shock on the original Bioshock, but once again?
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee
    @Ventilaator said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    " The person that guides you through Minerva's Den is actually SIGMA, the Big Daddy you play as in this DLC, just through the imported personality of the supercomputer The Thinker. It was a predictable twist though one that still managed to bare some emotion with so much of his backstory gifted to you through the diaries and such. Since we learn so much about him, he's easily BioShock's best protagonist thus far, minus Infinite of course. "
    Solike... the "I pretended to be your friend but now I'm actually not muahhahaha" twist of System Shock on the original Bioshock, but once again? "
    Oh, no the Thinker was on your side. You created it and imported your personality because you knew Ryan was going to hunt you down for the Metal Daddy project.
    ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ventilaator
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @Ventilaator said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    Solike... the "I pretended to be your friend but now I'm actually not muahhahaha" twist of System Shock on the original Bioshock, but once again? "
    Oh, no the Thinker was on your side. You created it and imported your personality because you knew Ryan was going to hunt you down for the Metal Daddy project. "
    People have said that this thing is better than the entirety of Bioshock 2. 
    After asking what it was about, it turned out that it had something of a twist in the story

Does that mean Bioshock 2 had no twist at all?
    sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#6  Edited By sarahsdad
    @Ventilaator: I think it's a matter of perspective. There were some things that I hadn't puzzled out ahead of time in Bioshock2, but they really didn't feel that surprising when they came out. It was a much more straight-ahead story than the 1st game, at least.
    azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By azrailx

bioshock story wasnt that good considering it was a straight ripoff of system shock 2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.