Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock 2

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Feb 09, 2010

Ten years after the events of the first game, Subject Delta is awoken and must unravel the mystery behind the Big Sisters and his own past in the ruined underwater city of Rapture.

Will Minerva's Den Not Be Available on PC Anymore?

HolyHackZack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HolyHackZack

A couple of weeks ago I had purchased both of the original Bioshock games for Steam. It looks like the only way to get Minerva's Den for the PC version is to purchase it from Games for Windows Live, which is coming to an end within a few days. Is this content just not available through legit means after this happens?

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I don't think it has official confirmation from 2K, but users have found that it will likely be made available through Steam in the future.

http://www.gamesreviews.com/news/08/bioshock-2s-minervas-den-coming-to-steam/

HolyHackZack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By HolyHackZack

Wow thanks. GFWL gets to die and Minerva's Den released to the millions of steam users. It's like a Disney ending.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

I think it's funny that one version of DRM is dying in order to hand it all off to another version of DRM...and for some reason, people always end up being okay with DRM as long as it's Steam doing it.

The contradictions of the world, I guess.

STUVNING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By STUVNING

@jakob187: I believe people accept DRM as long as it doesn't inconvenience them and the terms are reasonable.
    GFWL has failed on this point many times, it's never been a problem for me personally though. Steam is a convenient service that has built up a lot of trust over the years and generally treats its users with some amount of respect (not to say Steam doesn't have it's faults). I don't find it contradictory that people don't want to invest in GFWL considering the track record it has.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By BonOrbitz

I read somewhere that even thought GFWL will be done, you can still download your purchases. I forgot where I read that (Joystiq? IGN?), but I got the impression I'd still have access to the only two things I bought from the GFWL store (Minerva's Den being one of them).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.