Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Bioshock Infinite release date!

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BonOrbitz

For those that haven't seen it elsewhere, the game will come out October 16 in the US and October 19 internationally.

I wish it was sooner, but my new PC (and body) is ready. I wonder what the requirements will be, as well as the platform other Bombers will be playing it on and why.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Aww, that's longer than I expected goddammit!

I'll probably get it on the 360, but I might get the PC version depending on the requirements (as I'm not sure my laptop can run it maxed out).

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By valiantgrizzly

A week after my birthday. I know what I'm getting myself!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Am I the only one worried about this? I mean, the scope of that game looks insane. I was expecting that to be able to pull off all the insane things that game is looking at doing it would have to be a fall 2013 release, if not even later. Everything we've seen looked super polished and well made, but it was very clear they were just small parts of the game, and the rest of the game was no where near that state. I just get the impression that it's going to feel rushed, with a small handful of epic sequences like the ones shown so far, and everything else being somewhat lackluster.

I hope I'm wrong. I want to be wrong. But I'm a little sceptical of this game now.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mandude

Gives me some time to finish my extensive backlog...

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By doobie

@MattyFTM said:

Am I the only one worried about this? I mean, the scope of that game looks insane. I was expecting that to be able to pull off all the insane things that game is looking at doing it would have to be a fall 2013 release, if not even later. Everything we've seen looked super polished and well made, but it was very clear they were just small parts of the game, and the rest of the game was no where near that state. I just get the impression that it's going to feel rushed, with a small handful of epic sequences like the ones shown so far, and everything else being somewhat lackluster.

I hope I'm wrong. I want to be wrong. But I'm a little sceptical of this game now.

where are you getting that impression from. don't forget they did not make Bioshock 2 and have maybe been developing this since they finished bioshock.

plenty of time to polish the fucker till it shines like a bald mans sweaty head

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zyn

GET HYPE!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@doobie said:

@MattyFTM said:

where are you getting that impression from. don't forget they did not make Bioshock 2 and have maybe been developing this since they finished bioshock.

It's just the things they've been showing. It's been very selective. Very specific. They've been avoiding talking too much about other sequences in the game. They've been focusing on the very specific things they've been showing. To me that screams out "the rest of this game isn't even close to being finished". I'm probably wrong, but that is the impression I've been left with whenever they show the game off.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By BoG

@MattyFTM: Do we have any idea how long the team has been working on it? I don't know, but I assume it has been a while. Have they done anything since the original Bioshock?

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BonOrbitz

@doobie said:

@MattyFTM said:

I have faith in Levine and co. Also, the fact that it doesn't have some gimmicky release date (10-11-12?) or one that's butted up against the holiday shopping season gives me hope that the game will release to great reviews and praise. It'll then go on to sell well throughout the holiday season and rake in multiple game of the year awards.

...either that or I'm the king of wishful thinking.

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By doobie

@MattyFTM said:

@doobie said:

@MattyFTM said:

It's just the things they've been showing. It's been very selective. Very specific. They've been avoiding talking too much about other sequences in the game. They've been focusing on the very specific things they've been showing. To me that screams out "the rest of this game isn't even close to being finished". I'm probably wrong, but that is the impression I've been left with whenever they show the game off.

i think il give ken and his team the benift of the doubt after bioshock was so dam good. to me it screams of just keeping us in the dark as not to spoil or show anything to early.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Jothel

Oooh, Oct 19th is my birthday =D... too bad I will be in Japan for the year then though

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By BBQBram

Three days before my birthday? Acceptable.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By lethalki11ler

My PC is ready

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.