Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Clash in the Clouds - Blue Ribbon Challenges

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ravenlight

Bioshock Infinite DLC is out! (Yay!) It's arena combat! (Yay?) Some of these challenges are sort of hard (Fuck!)

Let's not struggle alone, post your pro strats and massive failures here.

Here's a thing I made for the first 15 ribbons:

The O.P.S. Zeal

• Wave 1 - Defeat the wave using Sky-Line strikes only
      • Easy mode. Just pounce on everyone from a skyline. Bear in mind that you can pounce from the stationary crane hooks, too.
    • Wave 2 - Defeat the wave while only taking shield damage
      • A little more tricky if you haven't purchased any upgrades yet. Hang back behind cover and let your shield regenerate if you get hit. If you're quick with the sniper rifle, you can pop all the enemies before they get near you.
    • Wave 3 - Defeat the wave using only the Sky-Hook attacks and Shotgun
      • Put some fools in the ground with the streetsweeper. Skyline strikes count as Sky-Hook attacks so make use skylines to instakill enemies. Both the standard shotgun and Vox blunderbuss are valid weapons for this challenge.
    • Wave 4 - Defeat the wave using only machine guns or the crank gun
      • Either the Founder or Vox machinegun will do here. Both types are scattered around the level in Tear barrels. Be careful not to use the Vox carbine (big glass sight with an X in it) as it doesn't count as a machinegun and will cause you to fail the challenge. I have no idea where you'd get a crank gun at this point.
    • Wave 5 - Defeat the wave using only the pistol and hand cannon
      • One Handyman and you can only use pistols. Make sure you really only use pistols. Hitting him with any Vigors will invalidate the challenge conditions. Aim for the head or heart if you can and keep on the move. If you bait the Handyman into shocking the skyline you can get a couple free hits in on his heart. Upgrading the damage on the handcannon makes this fight go faster.
    • Wave 6 - Defeat the wave without picking up weapons or looting corpses
      • A relatively easy challenge compared to the last. Make sure you bring the guns you want with you and keep on the move to avoid the rocket soldiers. If you're quick, you can shoot the rockets out of midair, doing so and killing the soldier who shot it with the blast will earn you an achievement.
    • Wave 7 - Defeat all enemies using only zoomable weapons while they are zoomed
      • This one's tricky since all your kills need to be made while zoomed in. Bear in mind that any weapon you can zoom wtih works here. Like the handcannon or rocket launcher. The Crow is the only enemy that gave me trouble in this wave. Fortunately, he doesn't have AI to deal with you while you're riding a skyline. Hop on and plug him in the head with some scoped shots.
    • Wave 8 - Defeat all enemies using only Tears; Possession Traps; and Return to Sender traps
      • Kind of a pain in the ass as the Tears in the area generally suck at killing anything, fortunately there are only four enemies. Be sure that you're using the trap version of Possession and Return to Sender; the regular version will make you fail the challenge. Both the grenadiers and Crows are equally adept at dispatching each other, so drop a Possesson trap and use the tesla coil or mounted gun Tears on the survivor.
    • Wave 9 - Defeat all enemies without ever hitting anyone in the head or the heart
      • Here you're facing a handful of soldiers and a Handyman. As long as you don't get any headshots or hit the Handyman in the Handyheart, you pass. From what I've tested, it's impossible to get a head/heart shot with vigors or explosives, so if you really want to avoid any accidents take some weapons that go boom. Charge is good for the mobility it provides when cleaning up the soldiers and crows also seem really effective in OPS Zeal. Deal with the soldiers first, then kite the Handyman around the level and toss some high-explosive ordinance at it whenever you get a clear shot.
    • Wave 10 - Defeat the Siren before she performs a resurrection
      • This is the first ragequit level in CitC. The Siren always spawns directly ahead and to the right of your start position. You have maybe ten seconds to drop the her before she moves in and finishes her resurrection animation. The damage-upgraded Hailfire is your best friend here: drop off the ledge and don't stop your assault until the challenge completion logo pops up.
    • Wave 11 - Defeat the wave without using Sky-Lines or Hook-points.
      • A Fireman, Patriot, and a lone dude possibly named Clarence. The difficulty in this challenge comes from being grounded the whole time. Both the Patriot and Fireman spawn on the deck above you, go up the left stairs to attract the attention of the Fireman and separate him from the Patriot, you don't want to be fighting both at once. The Hailfire works equally well on everything here as it did on the Siren but you can conserve ammo by using Undertow to toss the Fireman off of the level. Now that it's a fair fight, taking down the remaining baddies should be straightforward.
    • Wave 12 - Defeat the wave within 1:15
      • You're up against a pair of Firemen and a pair of Crows this time. Undertow can trivialize this fight if you position yourself correctly. If you upgraded your tentacles to pull multiple enemies at a time, you can snatch both Firemen and one Crow off of the top deck and plop them over the edge before they even notice you. You've now got 70 seconds to decide how you want to finish the remaining Crow.
    • Wave 13 - Defeat the wave using only weapons fired from a Sky-Line or Sky-Line strikes.
      • Two Firemen and a Handyman: Finish them. Hanging from skylines the whole time means no Vigors but that doesn't mean this fight is difficult. Zoom around on the rail taking whatever shots you can until the Handyman jumps up and tries to shock you off. Then transfer to one of the statonary hooks and keep up your assault. Tears are fair game as long as they aren't ones that deal damage so make use of the Decoy Tear if you need a breather.
    • Wave 14 - Defeat the wave using only Shock Jockey and Headshots
      • Here's another potential Frustration Wave since it comes so late in the series. Lining up headshots is tough when enemies are spazzing around from being shocked. If you get close and aim slightly above their heads you can minimize an accidental neck/shoulder kill. Or you can dispense with Shock Jockey altogether and use the sniper rifle from afar. Just make sure every kill is with a headshot.
    • Wave 15 - Defeat each enemy with a different Vigor type (until you have used all Vigor types
      • This is my least favorite wave in OPS Zeal since the conditions aren't really that clear and you need to replay all 15 levels if you fail the challenge. From what I can tell, using Vigor types just means landing the killing blow on each enemy with a different Vigor. You're fighting two Handymen and a Patriot this wave, so soften each of them up with some conventional firepower first. Kill the Patriot with Shock Jockey if you can since the Handymen are resistant to it. I used Devil's Kiss and the oil spill Tear to down one Handybro and Charge to take out the other, but I'm sure there's a faster way. As always, use the skylines to make sure you're not fighting against more than one enemy at a time and use cover to let your shield recharge. This is mostly a battle of attrition so take it slow and make your attacks count.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I didn't find Clash in the Clouds very enjoyable or well-made. I beat the entirety of the first stage (without getting a bunch of blue ribbons- some of them are just stupid and not fun to get at all), but the two Handymen fight was just ridiculous. I died once because I got cornered by both of them, which was my fault, but then they began killing me every time I resurrected, but before my screen had even began to de-whiten.

Also, a lot of enemies in that game act really stupidly; specifically, the rocket launcher guys in the suit of armour. they ran up to me and began shooting rockets in my face, and didn't take any damage themselves. That's just poor programming. It's like playing Borderlands 1 all over again.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't be the only one actually enjoying CitC. This DLC is exactly what I felt was missing from the main game: more interesting combat puzzles.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm playing and having a good time. Apparently i'm also one of the few people that liked the combat in Bioshock. Anyway I'm almost done clearing out the first stage.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed the DLC enough that I've already unlocked all of the museum stuff (including the "puddle"). Running around blasting fools as a Magic City Man is pretty great.

Shingatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I enjoyed the DLC enough that I've already unlocked all of the museum stuff (including the "puddle"). Running around blasting fools as a Magic City Man is pretty great.

which DLC?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

which DLC?

C'mon, man. Puzzle it out.

I'll give you a hint: It's the only major piece of Season Pass DLC that's been released and this thread's title mentions it by name.

Shingatsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@shingatsu said:

which DLC?

C'mon, man. Puzzle it out.

I'll give you a hint: It's the only major piece of Season Pass DLC that's been released and this thread's title mentions it by name.

lol sorry, I didn't realize about it haha

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.