Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Go pick up the guitar

Tidel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Tidel

Yeah, I did, although I was reluctant to talk about it because I think it's one of those things best found, not told.

But I agree. I found it really touching.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By rjayb89

I did. What made it weird for me though was that I killed everyone upstairs so I kinda felt bad for the kid. I just wanted to possess their vending machines, that's all.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

I saw that. I'm extremely glad Bioshock Infinite has that navigation feature, because I'm constantly hitting it to see which direction I'm supposed to go to progress, so that I can go in the opposite direction. There's all kinds of cool stuff hidden in the tangential rooms.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5 chaser324  Moderator

That was the moment that sealed my impression of Elizabeth as some sort of sideways world Disney princess.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't quite do it for me. It was too short and it felt too random for some reason. They don't even say a word afterwards, it's just back to standard idle animation, I don't know I might've been in the wrong mood at that moment or something, cause people do seem to love that bit.

I like the intention though. Games need more moments like that.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Nope, I haven't. Guess this is the first chapter I'm going to load up after finishing the game. Thanks for sharing.

@rjayb89 said:

I did. What made it weird for me though was that I killed everyone upstairs so I kinda felt bad for the kid. I just wanted to possess their vending machines, that's all.

You know I fucking completely forgot you could use possession on vending machines. Or maybe I didn't actually assume that in the first place. Fuck that would have made the game so much easier wouldn't it. Well it's helpful to know this in case I delve into 1999 mode, or just if I end up replaying the whole game in any difficulty.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By intro

@snail said:

Nope, I haven't. Guess this is the first chapter I'm going to load up after finishing the game. Thanks for sharing.

@rjayb89 said:

You know I fucking completely forgot you could use possession on vending machines. Or maybe I didn't actually assume that in the first place. Fuck that would have made the game so much easier wouldn't it. Well it's helpful to know this in case I delve into 1999 mode, or just if I end up replaying the whole game in any difficulty.

I finished the game yesterday and I'm starting it on hard today. Did the same thing you did lol.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Ravenlight

@rjayb89 said:

Yeah, murdering everyone because they were pissed that I chugged all of their booze and raided the cash register sort of put a weird damper on the guitar scene. "Sorry you were witness to a grisly multiple-homicide, kid. Have a song and an apple as an apology. Also, I'm going to take everything that's not nailed down and try to hit you in the face with my hook hand."

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@intro:

If it makes you feel better all that happens when you posssess them is you get a small pile of money out of them. They definately don't lower prices =( Which is a mega bummer when you are like 50g short of that sweet vigor upgrade.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rjayb89 said:

Yeah, murdering everyone because they were pissed that I chugged all of their booze and raided the cash register sort of put a weird damper on the guitar scene. "Sorry you were witness to a grisly multiple-homicide, kid. Have a song and an apple as an apology. Also, I'm going to take everything that's not nailed down and try to hit you in the face with my hook hand."

Yeah, I really ought to learn that you can return to those areas later and, I assume, get whatever I left behind then when no one is around to try and stop me.

Anyway, pro tip:

There's a guy that uses a shotgun in there and it really hurts.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Optix12

@slashdance: Gonna add some spoiler sections incase people havent quite played up to that story section yet but i will describe what really made that moment pretty magical (and my favourite bit from the entire game).
    I was trying to push through as much of the game as I could yesterday so was around 3 1/2 hours into alot of fighting and I went to the police station first rather than the bar. Once I had opened up that tear all the Vox guys are coming in with this new felt rush of oh my this game really is going places. So I ventured into the bar incase I missed anything, and it just felt like it absolutely fit that these 2 characters found this, while brief, moment of happiness and distraction, almost as if forgetting what was going on upstairs, just the 2 of them (and the boy i guess). Whats great for me is during the credits you see Ken Levine pretty much made the magic in that segment as well.

Tidel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was the moment that sealed my impression of Elizabeth as some sort of sideways world Disney princess.

YES! Me too! I am writing a review and made this exact comparison.

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I did this but had recently murdered everyone upstairs because they wouldn't let me have some upgrade tonic so it kinda stuck out like a sore thumb.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I still feel that moment was a little random. I simultaneously loved it and was baffled by it.

@tidel said:

@chaser324 said:

All I could think of when I played the game was how much she looked like a Disney princess.

Also fuck me sideways if the drawings of Fitzroy on those wanted posters didn't also look like some Disney-ass art.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I still feel that moment was a little random. I simultaneously loved it and was baffled by it.

When viewed within the greater context of The Whole Story, it's pretty easy to see why it exists. Even on a blind run with no spoilers it hints at a deeper relationship between Elizabeth and Booker that hadn't been present before the scene.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#17  Edited By StarvingGamer

@oldirtybearon said:

@starvinggamer said:

When viewed within the greater context of The Whole Story, it's pretty easy to see why it exists. Even on a blind run with no spoilers it hints at a deeper relationship between Elizabeth and Booker that hadn't been present before the scene.

I thought about that, but this particular Elizabeth and Booker were separated when she was still a baby. Admittedly it could be explained away with the ideas of memories from other versions of themselves bleeding in or something, but the fact that neither of them addresses that moment breaks the fiction for me.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@rjayb89: Haha.. the exact same thing happened for me.

Tidel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tidel said:

@chaser324 said:

All I could think of when I played the game was how much she looked like a Disney princess.

Also fuck me sideways if the drawings of Fitzroy on those wanted posters didn't also look like some Disney-ass art.

The whole thing felt sort of like an alternate universe Disney fable, where instead of facile parables meant to teach young girls to stick out abusive relationships and be defined by the men in their lives*, Disney was in the business of telling dark, emotionally honest stories about complex issues with no easy answers. The art all over was very much Disney-esque. I feel it was intentional, but I don't know exactly why.

*I don't think Disney is all or just this, btw, but a lot of their films can be read in this way.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

I saw that. I'm extremely glad Bioshock Infinite has that navigation feature, because I'm constantly hitting it to see which direction I'm supposed to go to progress, so that I can go in the opposite direction. There's all kinds of cool stuff hidden in the tangential rooms.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who used that tool for "reverse exploration". Even though that made me do a loop later in the game at the graveyard area.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Didn't work at all for me, I'm surprised to see it getting such universal...praise? It seems like tiny moments like these always tend to stand out with gamers, though, perhaps because characterization in games tends to be so bland. But I echo the thoughts of a few others in this thread: while quaint, Elizabeth dancing around with an apple while Booker plays a little ditty just doesn't make any SENSE of that's all there is to it. Without either of them having some sort of, "wow you can play guitar? / wow you know that song I was playing? / wow you can sing? / wow isn't it weird that we just became cutting room characters from Singing in the Rain?" moment it's just...a video game breaking out in the middle of a race war.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

This is exactly what I did the entire game. I always wanted to explore before doing the main mission objective, and god damn what an amazing world they give you to explore.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I'm replaying the game and Booker actually hears Elizabeth hum that song right before meeting her, which makes the guitar moment a little bit less random ? I guess ?

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just passed this part and yeah, totally an awesome moment.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Loading Video...

Here's the scene for anyone like me who missed it.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't imagine how people would miss that scene. How would you not explore every area in the game (unless rushing to avoid spoilers)? It was a really powerful scene.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By golguin

@intro said:

@snail said:

@rjayb89 said:

I finished the game yesterday and I'm starting it on hard today. Did the same thing you did lol.

I just finished it and NEVER did it. I didn't even consider doing it because I didn't even know I still had possession in my inventory. I played the majority of the game thinking you couldn't switch Vigors.

SadisticWOlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

I can't imagine how people would miss that scene. How would you not explore every area in the game (unless rushing to avoid spoilers)? It was a really powerful scene.

That was my concern, mostly. I honestly don't spend a lot of time searching for collectibles in games because they almost always amount to nothing. It's a bummer I missed this in game but I don't really feel like I missed it too much seeing it on youtube later.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman said:

@toowalrus said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who used that tool for "reverse exploration". Even though that made me do a loop later in the game at the graveyard area.

I used the exact same method. "Oh that's where I need to go? Better run in the other direction, so I collect everything." Also run in a loop at the graveyard area, and after some time figured that there where to many enemies around for that to just be a side thing.

I did the exact same thing with the arrow and at that big area. I explored it all twice because I knew I needed to go to the house and didn't know I would eventually be forced through the area again. I got burned a few times when I assumed I would be able to revisit an area again.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do the exact same thing. I literally spent like 20 minutes in each area searching every corner until I couldn't find anything else and then pressed on. Some areas I even double checked just to make sure. I spent a lot of time doing that in this game.

But yeah, that scene was random but I liked it. Oh, I love you Elizab... Er. Bioshock Infinite.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By awesomeusername

@golguin said:

@fredddi43 said:

@turboman said:

@toowalrus said:

I used the exact same method. "Oh that's where I need to go? Better run in the other direction, so I collect everything." Also run in a loop at the graveyard area, and after some time figured that there where to many enemies around for that to just be a side thing.

I did the exact same thing with the arrow and at that big area. I explored it all twice because I knew I needed to go to the house and didn't know I would eventually be forced through the area again. I got burned a few times when I assumed I would be able to revisit an area again.

Ha! Guess I'm not the only dude who did that too. When I found the graveyard and nothing was happening, I knew I'd have to go back. I spent like 5 minutes scrounging every corner in there.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I'm replaying the game and Booker actually hears Elizabeth hum that song right before meeting her, which makes the guitar moment a little bit less random ? I guess ?

It's also the song that's chimed out when your rocket pod jumps into rapture and the song being played in the church you land in at the beginning. They've both heard the some before.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dystopiax: I was more thinking that he starts playing the song because he knows she likes to sing it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@golguin said:

I totally missed it and quite honestly don't even recognize that area. I think despite telling myself "don't rush don't rush.." I was just so curious to know how this story plays out that I was often plowing ahead to get forward - especially since there are large portions of the game which are somewhat superfluous and just add more combat to the mix.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

I've been exploring everything in that game and I found that scene to be quite touching.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredddi43: Yeah that Video in the credits is great.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I *loved* that scene, but I do wish it were longer. It just kinda cuts off at the end.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.