Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

I created a timeline SPOILERS

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MrCandleguy

Hey guys, so i saw a lot of people asking what happened in bioshock after they clocked it. So i made this little graph.

No Caption Provided

hopefully this might help some people! =D

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

The title of this thread is kind of a spoiler, dude.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

@milkman said:

Kindof?

I guess @mrcandleguycan rename it to just "I created a timeline SPOILERS"

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@milkman said:

Kindof?

I guess @mrcandleguycan rename it to just "I created a timeline SPOILERS"

Fuck.

Sorry, i changed it.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hahahaha, poor guy.

Nice timeline - I should have said so before. It seems correct, though I'd love to see one which tries to take the multiverses into account (the multiple retries, memory collapsing, etc).

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MrCandleguy

@deathswind said:

Can you edit it to put it under the Bioshock Infinite fourm?

God damn, it must of changed to general when I full edited it.

@selfconfessedcynic said:

Hahahaha, poor guy.

Nice timeline - I should have said so before. It seems correct, though I'd love to see one which tries to take the multiverses into account (the multiple retries, memory collapsing, etc).

There was 121 different DeWitt tries before this one. Ain't no way i'm going to do all those xD

Also I would of included the twins, but since they literally can jump between universes at will. Kind of difficult

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcandleguy said:

There was 121 different DeWitt tries before this one. Ain't no way i'm going to do all those xD

Also I would of included the twins, but since they literally can jump between universes at will. Kind of difficult

You could probably do it as a loop with a counter at 121/122 and if/then statements or branches for the fail states : D

That said, it'd be a cold day in hell when I put the time aside to make one, so cheers.

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrCandleguy

@selfconfessedcynic

I'll be sure to include that!

Var DW = 0;

If (DW != 122) THEN

{

DW++;

}

ELSE

Continue;

gauzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Seems to all make sense - nice work.

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice.

kortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kortex

@mrcandleguy: 121 different Dewitts tries? where did you get this number? must have missed it

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By Sooperspy

@kortex said:

@mrcandleguy: 121 different Dewitts tries? where did you get this number? must have missed it

I'm guessing he counted how many marks were on the chalkboard when the Lutece's ask you heads or tails with the coin near the beginning of the game.

kortex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, right. I forgot about that

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

It's not really a timeline if you don't also count the other alternate DeWitt who sided with Vox, instead of just mentioning him casually. Also, the word "timeline" is inaccurate, since it isn't time travel.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By Dagbiker
    @pudge said:

It's not really a timeline if you don't also count the other alternate DeWitt who sided with Vox, instead of just mentioning him casually. Also, the word "timeline" is inaccurate, since it isn't time travel.

It is time travel, its both time and dimension. Essentially she is a TARDIS.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@dagbiker said:
    @pudge said:

It is time travel, its both time and dimension. Essentially she is a TARDIS.

No, you're traveling to dimensions that are at a different point in time, but you aren't traveling through time. Liz doesn't travel to the 80s when she opens that rift into Paris, she opens a window into a different dimension that is set in the 80s. It's a subtle difference, but it's important to the story.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Great job on the timeline. I was hoping to find a thread about this subject. I do have a few comments, though.

First, how do we know that the baptism happened right after wounded knee, and not after Anna's birth? The idea either being that he deals with the death of his wife by finding religion, or hitting the bottle. The other idea being that Booker loses only his wife in childbirth, but Comstock loses both his wife and his daughter. Unless I'm missing something, that would also work as a possible timeline.

Next, for Elizabeth / Anna to exist, Booker would have to either reject the baptism, and not start drinking after his wife dies, or accept the baptism, and not somehow turn into a religious nutjob.

And that might be the main issue that I have with the plot. The story asks me to accept that the protagonist is deeply troubled by the horrific racist and hateful genocide that he participated in, and then when his sins are washed clean and he has the chance to start again, he does so by creating a horrifically racist and hateful society.

But with things as they are, if the scene after the credits is intended to be a "good version" of the timeline, what are we seeing? Would it be baptism rejected, wife dead, but no gambling or drinking that would lead to debt?

And finally, am I missing something, or is there a logical reason why Booker and Elizabeth feel the need to prevent Comstock from existing in any possible world? Is there really a reason why they couldn't just say "screw it" and go to Paris?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By golguin

Great job on the timeline. I was hoping to find a thread about this subject. I do have a few comments, though.

First, how do we know that the baptism happened right after wounded knee, and not after Anna's birth? The idea either being that he deals with the death of his wife by finding religion, or hitting the bottle. The other idea being that Booker loses only his wife in childbirth, but Comstock loses both his wife and his daughter. Unless I'm missing something, that would also work as a possible timeline.

Next, for Elizabeth / Anna to exist, Booker would have to either reject the baptism, and not start drinking after his wife dies, or accept the baptism, and not somehow turn into a religious nutjob.

And that might be the main issue that I have with the plot. The story asks me to accept that the protagonist is deeply troubled by the horrific racist and hateful genocide that he participated in, and then when his sins are washed clean and he has the chance to start again, he does so by creating a horrifically racist and hateful society.

But with things as they are, if the scene after the credits is intended to be a "good version" of the timeline, what are we seeing? Would it be baptism rejected, wife dead, but no gambling or drinking that would lead to debt?

And finally, am I missing something, or is there a logical reason why Booker and Elizabeth feel the need to prevent Comstock from existing in any possible world? Is there really a reason why they couldn't just say "screw it" and go to Paris?

The ending Booker is literally any amalgamation of variables in that reality you decide to put on him. There is no timeline. There are an infinite number of variables and constants (Elizabeth says this in the ending) where every possible outcome is represented in the multiverse. You just have to find the one you agree with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.