Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Quick question about a quote from this game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, I had always wondered why it was said, but, there's a point in the game, where a woman over PA is describing Booker, and calls him a mulatto dwarf, or a frenchman with a missing eye. So, I do know what mulatto is (now that I looked it up), but the 'missing eye' and 'dwarf' are the ones that I didn't understand. Why would anyone think Booker was a dwarf, or was missing an eye, or was it just a comment to say "this person isn't a part of us and isn't welcome"? I played Infinite on release, but I didn't ask until now because I kind of just wanted to figure it out myself, but I gave up.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

It was kind of satire on how people don't really see other people they don't know for who they are and when needing to they may over exaggerate when describing the person.

I took it more as satire than anything else. It was really funny when I heard that said and I can't really think of it being meant as anything beyond that. I mean, it is also another heavy pointer to the fact that Columbia is full of racists, too, but ya logically it makes little sense since it wouldn't actually pin point Booker at all.

It doesn't matter, though. Comstock already made it clear that Booker would be coming and gave the best way to spot him- by the tattoo on his hand. Everything else is just periphery at that point.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Hayt

I think the implication is that it's to throw them off. I cant remember exactly but isnt the voice on the PA one of the twins?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah I'm pretty sure that woman on the PA is Rosalind Lutece, so she's just messing with people.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Personally I thought it was because Columbia is a pretty racist place, so the people who witnessed the scene of the first "crime" committed by Booker in their fear and panic, never really noticed how he actually looked and instead just explained to the police how they perceive an evil person to look.

There is another part where you can listen to one describe Booker in a house to the police, and as far as I remember the description isn't accurate at all.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By NTM

@hayt: @corruptedevil: @village_guy: Huh, that's really fascinating. It doesn't sound like Rosalind Lutece, though it doesn't have to, but if it is, that's interesting. I've never heard that assumption before, it certainly was never revealed as such, nor now that I look on the wiki is it said that that's the case, so I can only see it as an interesting assumption which would make sense. As for that part where the cop is jotting down a picture of him, to me, and I know I'm not the only one that thought this, I thought the picture looked a lot like Andrew Ryan, which was weird.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ntm: I actually just played that part and the drawing is weird, especially since the woman comments that he has red, curly hair and was probably Irish, which the drawing in no way reflects.

I never thought about it looking like Andrew Ryan though, but that makes a lot of sense, since I couldn't really reconcile who it looked like...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.