Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock Infinite

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Mar 26, 2013

The third game in the BioShock series leaves the bottom of the sea behind for an entirely new setting - the floating city of Columbia, circa 1912. Come to retrieve a girl named Elizabeth, ex-detective Booker DeWitt finds more in store for him there than he could ever imagine.

Season Pass DLC info coming at the end of July

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

That's kinda bullshit. And they promised 3 of them.

So if it is just info at the end of July we might not even see the first before next gen.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Announcement of an announcement!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By bigjeffrey

Bioshock Infinite complete Edition in 2017 after all the DLC releases

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

Man by the time this stuff hits will anyone still care? I mean Infinite is one of my darling games of the year but starting in August were going to be assaulted by games from all angles non stop until like December.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jay_ray

Bioshock Infinite complete Edition in 2017 after all the DLC releases

Next gen exclusive?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

Well I read that they didn't start working on the dlc until the initial game shipped so this is to be expected. I don't care how long it takes if it comes out and is a solid piece of dlc.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By audiosnow

I've been checking for it about twice a week, so this is great news!

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By Liquidus

This really doesn't give me a lot of confidence for the DLC. Given the nature of the story and gameplay in Infinite, there's so much potential for wildly different DLC side stories. I don't know, maybe it's just a case of them wanting to make it as best as possible which is a tendency of Irrational and more power to them. Could be a fair bit of work if they're having to make completely new assets.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gotta wait a month for info? Yeah, this is gonna take a while...

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#11  Edited By alistercat

It says very clearly when you buy the season pass that they will be delivered/available for purchase by March 2014. One year is the typical cycle for season pass DLC. Borderlands 2 only just finished their cycle a few months short from a year ago since the release. If anyone expects quick or timely content they should have read the description.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@liquidus: The reason why it's taking so long is that they didn't even start work on the season pass stuff when the game came out. It also doesn't help that Irrational is known for taking their time. I personally don't mind waiting but I bet it would be a bummer for people who are not exactly expecting to wait maybe over a year or so for all this stuff to come out.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mrsignerman44

Well, at least we know they aren't rushing the DLC.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I bought the season pass for I think $10 when it was on sale for the PC version so as long as it comes out I'll be good.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Announcement of an announcement!

They should have done what Phil Fish did and announce when they were going to announce the announcement.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Liquidus

@colourful_hippie: Yeah it's kind of a bummer but hopefully it'll turn out great, there's a lot of potential for this DLC, I hope they don't waste it.

OGinOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OGinOR

@alistercat: BL2 was released last September...the first MAJOR DLC was released in October. Frankly, 4 months for an 'announcement' does not give me confidence that Mr. Levine and Co can deliver 3 DLC packs that are as good as what BL2 gave me (that was a LOT of content between Scarlett, Torgue, Hammerlock, and Tiny...not to mention the Mechromancer and Psycho..) for the same amount of money and on-time. Also...if they give us something like the Protector Trials (read: rushed, un-fun multiplayer), I'm going to be one Annoyed Gamer (TM).

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering there won't be a new Bioshock for a very long time (or at all) I'd love for them to take their time on each piece. 6-9 months per DLC? SURE! That means a lot of smaller Bioshock content over a short period, and if they are similar to Minerva's Den style of DLC, then even better.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

BioShock 2 came out in early February and Minerva's den came out at the end of August.

Anyone who expect BioShock Infinite DLC to be out before September didn't do their homework.

PlayPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering there won't be a new Bioshock for a very long time (or at all) I'd love for them to take their time on each piece. 6-9 months per DLC? SURE! That means a lot of smaller Bioshock content over a short period, and if they are similar to Minerva's Den style of DLC, then even better.

Totally agree. Rather see them crafting some substantial story DLC like Minerva's Den or Dishonored's The Knife of Dunwall than cranking out a simple horde mode. I still expect one or more of those DLC pieces to be a combat arena type deal though. Maybe a timed rail race combat thing or something.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I'd like to know nothing about the DLC and just be thrown into it when its available, there's just a couple days left in July and we haven't gotten info yet. News'll probably come tomorrow becuase tuesdays are usually info days for games, right?

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless it is like, crazy good...it will be hard for people to care sadly. I will still play it though.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although I'd like to know nothing about the DLC and just be thrown into it when its available, there's just a couple days left in July and we haven't gotten info yet. News'll probably come tomorrow becuase tuesdays are usually info days for games, right?

Tomorrow

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, if the first expansion isn't out by September I'm going to call the whole thing a wash. At this rate by the time they get around to rolling out Expansion 2 my Xbox 360 will be back in its box somewhere in my basement.

I can't believe how badly I got burned on this, and I bought the Saints Row 3 add-ons.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon: Like I said, you could look at it as being burned, or look at it as you'll get a 4-5 hour fresh new Bioshock experience every 6-9 months. Ofcourse that's if they don't release them all in a very short period of like a month apart once the first one finally hits.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somedelicook said:

@oldirtybearon: Like I said, you could look at it as being burned, or look at it as you'll get a 4-5 hour fresh new Bioshock experience every 6-9 months. Ofcourse that's if they don't release them all in a very short period of like a month apart once the first one finally hits.

The problem isn't the time it's taking so much as the timing. The PS4 and the Xbox One are right around the corner and I don't have enough inputs on my TV for more than one console. When I buy my PS4, my 360 is going into storage. I don't see Irrational saying "aw shucks, we'll let you play this new shit on your new console, we got you brah" anytime soon, either.

I don't think Irrational did anything wrong, or that they should have had the DLC in the works during development. The timing of it all is going to burn me, is what I'm saying.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'Please be excited for Bioshock Infinite DLC.'

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.